27 coaches online • Server time: 01:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2004 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Bunny - yes you did and thanks - You earned your rightfull spot after quitting the COSM league after 1 game played. Saying "I dont like playing dwarves" and leaving.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2004 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh.. cool.. I don't remember that but it likely happened! Smile Just making sure I was only guilty of the things I'm guilty of.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2004 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Mudplay 2 vs Saints Diseases 1</b>

Mudplay won their first game of the season vs a strong and though opponent. It took Mudplay 8 turns to get in their first TD. The game was determined in the 2nd half by one big play: Pozz the Kroxigor made an interception in one tacklezone in two Foul Appearance area's and in Pouring Rain, not bad for an AG 1 player! He scored a TD for 2-0. Soon after this TD he was injured with a gouged eye, so he will miss next game.
Saints Diseases managed to score 2-1 in the final minutes of the game.

PS: great that the WWB has started again!
PS2: Am I the only one missing the Mullies Weekly Previews? I really love these!

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2004 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe ok - work has been a bitch but Ill try and carry my load for the upcoming rounds.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Grugni's Grudgebearers 1 - 0 IronForge
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=596436

Well, there's nothing more exciting than a dorf on dorf game (unless, perhaps, it's a dorf on khemri game like I played with caileanhawk in the Amerikings tournament) and Gertwise's Ironforge didn't disappoint -- it was the battle of the guard dorfs vs the stand firm dorfs.

Ironforge won the coin toss and elected to receive. Their blocks started out lukewarm (a problem for the team intermittently throughout the game) but managed to do well enough to open up a path to the endzone for their runner by turn three. We couldn't blitz the ball carrier so we did what we could and blitzed the runner guarding him and put a pair of tacklezones on the ball carrier. It paid off as the runner failed his dodge and we grabbed the ball. A failed block by Ironforge's other runner left the original ball carrier open to a crowd push and the poor little guy ended up badly hurt. The Grudgbearers then had a chance to score but a failed dodge by Begnar Orcchaser ended up KOing him and we had to settle for having prevented Ironforge from scoring in the first half.

The second half started out looking bad. A pitch invasion stunned three Grudgebearer players (we like the new PI rules) but a deep kick prevented a complete disaster (it did make me start contemplating the word "overtime", however) and a quick pass by Begnar to Mogan Quicksilver got things back in control (a KO of one of Ironforge's linemen helped as well....) A nice play by Ironforge saw the ball knocked away from our carrier and into the hands of an Ironforge Troll Slayer but the fact that he was surrounded by Grudgebearer guards limited what he could do with it. We quickly recovered the ball and set off for the endzone again. One of Ironforge's blitzers dodged away from his minder (who every heard of an AG4 dorf anyway?!?) and put a tackle zone on the Grudgebearer runner carrying the ball but also blocked his own runner's path to the ball. When the runner BH himself trying to at least get next to our runner things were pretty well sewn up and we stalled a round before scoring (managing to SI a Troll Slayer in the process). A perfect defense and a blitzer failing to pick up the ball ended whatever chance Ironforge might have had of tying things up and the Grudgebearer's won their first official game of the second season 1-0.

What our opponents have, largely, been unable to do time appears to be and the Grudgebearers picked up their second aging niggle in as many games, this time on veteran lineman Valir Earthsoul (the first being on star runner Begnar Quicksilver). Coach Grue decided to hold onto both players for now but recruited rookie lineman Neran Axebearer to fill out the ranks and make sure we have a full team if the unthinkable happens and we run out of liniment.

Bring on the 'Zons!

Post 23 Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

What a Shocked crazy Shocked game to open season 2 of WWB!!!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=413

And we were robbed!!! ...again Embarassed ... like a play right out Twahn’s playbook robbing us in the cross over matches last season…

In front of a pathetic 46,000 in the pouring rain, it all started back in the first half...
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=596438

Last edited by Ug on %b %21, %2004 - %17:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Call me Twain again and I'll smack you with me playbook!! No respect... Razz

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Uber

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Sup guys, since I've just been admitted to the group, I thought I'd drop by and say hello.

My ST6 Mummy and his buddies will see you on and then going off the field very soon! Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Judas Priestess 2 - 1 Mausoleum of Pain</b>

You know those things in life that you dont want to do but have to anyway. Like laundry. Well the matchup with Khemri was one of those things we didnt want to do. Four mummies and enough skeletons to fill a graveyard.

1st block of the game, BH. We held are own in the casualty department with 5 a side. A T8 rock was the only CAS we couldnt recover from as Eat Me Alive is now coaching defense.

Pain took the opening possession and rolled downfield in 6 turns. Any hope of a 2 turn TD was snuffed out by a blitz! kick off. With 5 players in the CAS box our remaining girls walked gingerly onto the field for the 2nd half. An elf like 2 turn TD tied the score and we set up fore the final onslaught. A deep kick enabled us to get into the Khemri backfield and take advantage of a T5 fireball that took apart the cage.

A couple of tense moments later (and a misclick that had me pick up a ball in a TZ then dodge into another TZ next to a tackle player) we were free for a T7 TD and tough 2-1 win.

We hope the rest of the season isnt as painfull as this.

Post 12 Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

WWB Season 2 Week 1 Summaries
Australian:
Udun Raiders 2 – 0 Moxious Mates of Miyuso

Moxious Mates play their first WWB match and extend their losing streak to seven Sad They also held a brief sideline funeral for Drokmar, a lineman veteran of 8 games with a virgin stat sheet.
Shining Force 3 – 1 Gortag Warskulls
The high scoring favorite Shining Force improved their record in this series to 2-1-0 (W-T-L) while getting SPP for all the right players to maximize the number of skill increases. As has been the case in each game of this series the Warskulls inflicted multiple casualties Twisted Evil , only this time Shining Force was lucky that no serious injuries were inflicted. Evil or Very Mad
Mudplay 2 – 1 Saints Diseases
Barash’s words say it all: “Pozz the Kroxigor made an interception in one tacklezone, in two Foul Appearance areas and in Pouring Rain, not bad for an AG 1 player! He scored a TD for 2-0. Soon after this TD he was injured with a gouged eye, so he will miss next game.” Pozz also inflicted a casualty falling short of the cycle by a completion and the MVP award. Saints Diseases will have two players out sick for their next game.
Tvarnholm Bearskins ? - ? Knights of Khorne
Reigning Champions… are missing in action… must be lost at sea… Shocked again… or is it that they met the Knights of Khorne at sea, sunk their ship, and watched them drown in their heavy armor? Conspiracy theorists to the foredeck!
North American:
It’s a new season and the standings are topsy-turvy as the top two teams from last year’s NA West lost their opening games as highlighted in our first two write-ups:
Malevalence 3 – 2 Chaaarge!
For the first time in three matches Malevalence beat Chaaarge! in a rematch of last season’s opener for both teams. Malevalence’s kicker Ralith Bonewarrior died on the pitch.
Grugni’s Grudgebearers 1 – 0 IronForge
Dwarf verses dwarf “scoring fest” (in dwarf terms – there was a TD). Grudgebearers won the casualty score by one and the game!
Villanous Sinners 2 – 1 Dinotopia
Sergeant Barich, a werewolf, got his 13th career TD and 12th career casualty (What a monster Exclamation ) for the Villanous Sinners in this close game where the game came down to the last turns where either side could score! Both teams look forward to their next rematch of this exciting series.
Judas Priestess 2 - 1 Mausoleum of Pain
So should we give our lovable commish a hard time about not facing the Pain? Rolling Eyes
We’ll he finally did & had a wizard throwing fireballs!!!
With a 1-1 score on turn 5 of the second half, with a Thro-Ra in a cage of bone, err make that skeletons, a wizards unloaded a blast and all three skeletons scattered in multiple directions leaving the Thro-Ra facing a pack of ball hungry women… and it was all very quickly over. Priestess enjoy the win while many a player leaves the field in Pain.

more next week as we fans o' bashing, smashing and trashing wait to see if more balls of fire and bolts of lighting explode on and off the field Twisted Evil
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Lost at sea? Hardly... the Bearskins got so tired of waiting for the Warriors from the Knights of Khorne to show up for their match, we decided a bit of pillaging was in order. Still at it when our opponents turned up, but we had our left hand free so we played 'em.

Check it out!

We did lose our most gifted player when it comes to alphabetical abnormalities... it'll take a long time to get one like that again... Sad

But, on the bright side...
That's 15 in a row for the champs, kids. See how that works? Wink

Great write up Og, keep it up mate! Razz

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

<b><u>WWB Week #2</b></u>

The defending champs (Twahn's Bearskins) start the season 1-0 while the runner ups (Dinotopia) start 0-1. Newcomer Grulg from the Udun Raiders leads the SPPs and is the current league MVP with 3 CAS and a TD in week #1. Werewolf Sergeant Barich has a bounty on his head and is the league's most expensive bitch with a cost of $240K. Which team/coach will help Ragoholic lower his TR?

The only interception so far this year is by the "nimble" Krox Pozz from Mudplay. He managed to sprint into the endzone to tie with the team lead in TDs this year as well. Oh .....and he also got a CAS.

Below are the predictions for week #2.

<b><u>NA Division</b></u>

Iron Forge (0-1) vs Chaaarge! (0-1) – This has grown into quite the grudge match with Chaaarge! Leading the series 2-1 thanks to an opening round playoff victory last year. Everything that could go wrong for the dwarves went wrong last game and they have had a whole off season to stew. Prediction : Forge by .4

Villanous Sinners (1-0) vs Mausoleum of Pain (0-1) – These two WWB newcomers will face off for the 1st time. Which rulers of the non living will rise to the occasion ? Four mummies are tough to beat. Prediction : Pain by .2 (and +2 CAS)

Dinotopia (0-1) vs Judas Priestess (1-0) – Another rivalry led by the lizards 2-1. And like the dwarves, the Zons have had all winter to think about the egg they laid in the playoffs. There IS no alternative to winning for them. Prediction : Priestess by .2

Grugni’s Grudgebearers (1-0) vs Malevolence (1-0) – This will be an early battle for 1st place in NA. This will be the 1st meeting between the two teams and the 1st chance for the Grudgebearers to kill elves. Luna Tikk will be running for his life. Grugni by .3

<b><u>Aussie Division</b></u>

Gortag Warskulls (0-1) vs Udun Raiders (1-0) – An Orcfest between S&S and WWB counterparts. The Warskulls were humbled in their season opener and look to get back on the winning track. Not this week. Raiders by .4

Mudplay (1-0) vs Knights of Khorne (0-1) – The lizards go from Rotters to Chaos this week. The result should be the same as Khorne is not built to handle dodgers. Prediction : Mudplay by .6

Saints Diseases (0-1) vs Tvarnholm Bearskins (1-0) – The defending champions go from Chaos to Rotters this week. Will the 15 game winning streak come to an end. Experts say the loss of lineman Hreiðmárr the Brown will have an impact on locker room morale. Apparently he was towel boy. Diseases by 0.1 (upset special)

Shining Force (1-0) vs Moxious Mates of Miyuso (0-1) – The Force look to take over sole possession of 1st place while the Mates look for their 1st WWB win. Always the underdog, Miyuso hopes to play spoiler and ruin some team’s fun. Prediction : Force by .5

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2005 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Mausoleum of Pain 2 - 1 Villanous Sinners (OT WIN)

Match Report

New MoP team slogan: Who's up for some pain?

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

THE BATTLE & SCORE
Chaaarge! 4 – 3 IronForg [Casualties]
Chaaarge! 142 – 65 IronForg [Blocks!!!]

Checkout the replay of this true battle!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=634831
Gertwise

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it was a hard fought battle. Chaaarge! seemingly broke armor at will, but their thrower couldn't pick up the ball in the clear (something like 6 turns of dropping the ball). I would personally fire him.

The dwarves on the other hand only dropped the ball once, but couldn't break that tough AV 7 to save their lives. And on the final turn of regulation, our AG 4 Blitzer could pick the ball up in 2 TZ's, but couldn't make the game winning GFI.

It was a really good game though. Good job Ug!
 Jump to: