12 coaches online • Server time: 05:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post need some practicegoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lucan

Post   Posted: May 19, 2007 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

SillySod wrote:
To continue previous unuseful comments: I am the hybrid would say more but gotta go now

Sorry, only just read this. Joke, right?

PS I notice some people when they quote are including the 'X wrote:' Is there a way of automatically doing this, or do you just write it in and put it in bold?
pac

Post   Posted: May 19, 2007 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Lucan: PS I notice some people when they quote are including the 'X wrote:' Is there a way of automatically doing this, or do you just write it in and put it in bold?
--
Yes, you use the code [quote="Lucan"][/quote]

To get this automatically, click the 'quote' button at the top right corner of the post you're replying to.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2007 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg, I will comment at some time. Right now I'm reading and pondering.

What about looking into those that Nikodemus thought possibly evil? To honour his memory.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2007 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Lucan: PS I notice some people when they quote are including the 'X wrote:' Is there a way of automatically doing this, or do you just write it in and put it in bold?
--
Yes, you use the code
Lucan wrote:

To get this automatically, click the 'quote' button at the top right corner of the post you're replying to.

Thanks Pac. Im gonna get all quote happy now.

Another reason I'm not shifting from Plorg is that he himself pointed out that early votes made it less likely for him to be eaten. He was (I believe) the only one with votes at midnight. Obviously its not impossible that he was still attacked - hell, maybe the baddies weren't even online - but it does make it a bit less likely. Anyway. Offline for a bit now.
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: May 19, 2007 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Manchested United FTW!!! I cant stand Chelsea, or that Wakka wakka monster, <b> vote pac </b>

votes so far again make mine unimportant, joy is me another silly day voting for Pac.

Oh and it still smells like shit here.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Chewie

Post   Posted: May 19, 2007 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The ease at which Plorg is starting bandwagons bothers me a little bit.

However, he does make a lot of sense. Very brave of him to put a big target on his head on day 1, and rely on the healer to save him.
This tells us that the healer is not a newbie at the game, as i'm not sure that a newbie would have picked up on his flag-waving, and therefore makes all of us newbies "expendable".

Of course, if he is a bad guy, we have learned nothing, other than who he wants <b>us</b> to vote for.
GrinningD

Post   Posted: May 19, 2007 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

True chewie, but if Jack turns out to be blue then we can start ignoring Plorg again Wink

To be honest the complete lack of other vote targets is a little scary. He is as unopposed as Nick was yesterday - and we all know how that ended.

Just to give a counter argument to the Jack Vote, just in case Plorg is trying to save his vamp buddy by deflecting all the attention to someone else, I'm going to

Vote Lucan

I'm going to add that this is because we are basing Jack's burning on his sticking up for Lucan. So why aren't we burning Lucan? It could easily have been somebody else making the save attempt on Lucan rather than Jack.

However I don't want to give anybody the wrong idea about my own motivations. I say burn them both.

(sighs and pines for the days of double burnings)
Chewie

Post   Posted: May 19, 2007 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

GrinningD wrote:

Vote Lucan

I'm going to add that this is because we are basing Jack's burning on his sticking up for Lucan. So why aren't we burning Lucan? It could easily have been somebody else making the save attempt on Lucan rather than Jack.

Agreed with you on that point mate.

Seems odd that Plorg is moving the vote away from Lucan, by targeting a Lucan supporter....

I'm gonna pop back in before work to vote, and unless someone can come up with a reason why Jack is more of a viable target than Lucan, i'm gonna be voting Lucan.
Chewie

Post   Posted: May 19, 2007 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i go to work in 5 minutes, and nobody has spoken up in favour of Lucan, despite no less than 6 players browsing this forum in the last hour, so:

<b>Vote Lucan</b>
Lucan

Post   Posted: May 19, 2007 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Chewie"]Seems odd that Plorg is moving the vote away from Lucan, by targeting a Lucan supporter....[quote]

I think that that isn't what is happening. I dont think its relevant, per se, that JackDaniels is a 'Lucan Supporter' (though Im not actually entirely convinced he is). I think the reason Plorg wants to burn JackDaniels is because he feels that JackDaniels only pushed for this Last Request thing because he thought Nico was gonna make a Last Request on Plorg, and he wants to try to save himself. (Correct me if Im wrong, plorg, cos Im basing some of my logic on that.)

Burning Jack: If Jack is evil then Plorg is certainly not on the same evil team, and possibly innocent. If JackDaniels isnt evil then Plorg might well be but could also just be mistaken. So essentially, JackDaniels's death doesn't really tell us much.

Burning Plorg: If plorg is evil then JacDaniels isnt on the same team (seems too risky to start a vote against a team-mate and just hope it doesn't bandwagon) and is, on average, innocent. If plorg is good, then JackDaniels may very well be evil and a very sneaky evil at that. So plorgs death does give us something. Thats why Im not changing as yet.
TheSpoonyBard

Post   Posted: May 19, 2007 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry about not posting until now, I've been really busy IRL. (Just got a new job, yay!) Plorg's making a lot of sense to me, to be honest. I'm gonna agree with him for now.

Vote JackDaniels
RealMadns

Post   Posted: May 19, 2007 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I have been through the posts a couple of times know...
This is what i have got so far:

First some Statements that i belive are true:
1) Burning is a good thing for Villagers.
2) NoBurning is a fine for Vamps/Wolfs, but a burning is even better, if they are not amongst the targets!
3) The same holds for the Hybrid, but since Burning is close to the only way to kill him, he might be very careful about starting fires....

and now for my thoughts on some of the players:

Plorg:
Very likely innocent, his bold statements and heavy fingerpointing would be very risky if he is indeed evil, in fact im inclined to agree that the seer had him targeted (or atleast will target him tonight). If he is evil we will know soon enuff.

Pac:
Hybrid? as the most ardent speaker for the noburn option he might be, but this is a long shot.

Lucan:
Started the game by advocating pacifism, then sudenly changed and started the bandwagon against Nico... This could be because one from his evil faction was targeted(ie. himself), it could also be because he wanted to live, and saw a target that could be a contender to himself (innocents as well as evil wants to live)
In my mind the Lucan/Danyboy/jackD (possibly Shrap) coalition would be <b>very</b> poor evil faction play, and i do not find it likely, however it is worth looking in to. If Lucan is a villager it all falls apart.

SillySod:
probably just that... A silly sod (ie. villager) But his ramblings, contradictions and nonsence is wierd, and he should be kept under a watchfull eye.

Sysiphos:
He questioned the Nicodemus1 bandwagon, the got questioned on his questioning, and before we managed to blink he was on the friggen wagon... im confused as to what this means, but its somehow fishy...

Some thoughts on the positionals:

The Healer:
What a great guy Smile and the key to the victory. the evil faction wants him bad, and we just hope he stays alive.

The Hunter/Slayer:
pretty useless for now, but once we get some more info, they will be awesome. Very prickly for the Evil guys to bite into.

The Seer:
here is our only reliable source of info, i think that he should reveal himself as soon as he has something good... and after his 3rd scan at the latest, even if it is just to point out 3 innocents... Reasons: we have a healer to protect him, once the identity of the seer is out, the healer should stick to him, and never leave him out of sight... Most likely, this wil make the bad guys target someone else, but thats ok, whith the extra info we get from his revalations, the hunter/slayer can make educated guesses as to whom they wil target, and as the number of players slim, the chance that the bad guys accidently bites into one of them (and chokes Twisted Evil ) grows. Further more, as the healer now knows what the seer knows he can acurately judge when his own info is going to be enough to win the game.

I have thought some on the seer, and i think this is good strategy, but im very interested in hearing some other point of wiews on this one, i can easyly have overlooked something. (what if a bad guy claims to be the seer... how do we verify him, if he has no bad targets???)

My thoughts on the last wish theory:
Fine as additional clues, i dont think that it should be an automatic new bandwagon though...Thats far to flimsy.

Sugestions:
Dont wote for Plorg (yet Twisted Evil ) as i said earlyer, we will know soon if he is evil.

Healer, take care.... dont get eaten or burned yet... please.

lastly i say <b>Vote Lucan</b> as i think this will provide us with most infomation.
Lucan

Post   Posted: May 19, 2007 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't counted the votes so I dunno how close I am to burning. For whatever use you want to make of it, my last wish is either Plorg or SillySod. I dont think people will go for plorg, tbh, so SillySod then.

EDIT: Now counted the votes. Nowhere near burning. Ah well, take the above two as my current suspicions then.
Soulmask

Post   Posted: May 19, 2007 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I think I'll unvote SillySod - Vote JackDaniels just to be sure of who's burning, and then, I think we will be able to vote against plorg or sillysod once we see JackDaniels burn blue.
Lucan

Post   Posted: May 19, 2007 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT: Removed highly suspicious statement, worded it wrong.

They really are just a suggestion. Im unwilling to go to the lnie over either one, Plorgs my favourtite but even thats only 50% ish

Last edited by Lucan on %b %19, %2007 - %18:%May; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: