50 coaches online • Server time: 17:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How toxic do you find FUMBBL's culture?
1 (One of the most healthy communities I've ever been a part of)
51%
 51%  [ 81 ]
2 (Nothing the article describes happens at FUMBBL)
24%
 24%  [ 39 ]
3 (About average for an online community)
13%
 13%  [ 21 ]
4 (I'm worried about some of it's elements)
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
5 (So toxic that I tried to avoid it as much as I can)
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 157

Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Woodstock, I am not calculating with a change in player picture policy on FUMBBL within the next few decades.
But "good old fashioned standards" have to come from somewhere. But where from? Maybe from a time, when everyone and everything was related to god in some way?

Considering I'm 100% anti-religion, and was raised in a religion free house, no... nothing related to god. Just respect for each other.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If everyone else would be 100% anti-religious too, would you still defend a erotic-free FUMBBL site? It's your choice to respect religious sentiments, I prefer to ignore them.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Respect for each other has nothing to do with religion. Stop trying to blame it on things that have nothing to do with it.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik,

This is not an anti-religious stance:

Dominik wrote:
All immigrants except Germans are more religious than Austrians are in average [...] These people live a life and have moral stances that I truly dislike. The people of Eastern Europe are significantly more religious but they are at least Christians, which means they do not hate the society Austria is based on unlike Muslims, where the majority of immigrants already come from.

This is an anti-Muslim argument for what can righfully be perceived as ethnic nationalism. You can rationalize this as an anti-religious argument all you want. Freedom fighters do that all the time.

Please rest assured that even people in Canada can perceive that "cultures are equal" and "cultures are not equal" as mutually incompatible.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
Respect for each other has nothing to do with religion. Stop trying to blame it on things that have nothing to do with it.

But where from comes the disturbing potential, that a semi nude woman can cause in a viewers eye? We were all born naked.

thoralf wrote:
Dominik,

This is not an anti-religious stance:

Dominik wrote:
All immigrants except Germans are more religious than Austrians are in average [...] These people live a life and have moral stances that I truly dislike. The people of Eastern Europe are significantly more religious but they are at least Christians, which means they do not hate the society Austria is based on unlike Muslims, where the majority of immigrants already come from.

This is an anti-Muslim argument for what can righfully be perceived as ethnic nationalism. You can rationalize this as an anti-religious argument all you want. Freedom fighters do that all the time.

Please rest assured that even people in Canada can perceive that "cultures are equal" and "cultures are not equal" as mutually incompatible.

You can be sure that I often critizice Christianity and churches, the greater momentum and potential danger comes from Muslims. Have you ever wondered why the catholic church celebrates interconfessional dialogues and talks about brothers in the spirit, but atheists are never welcolmed to such events? The church is also one of the greatest supporters of Muslim mass immigration to Austria. It's all very saddening.

Last edited by Dominik on %b %09, %2016 - %00:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
thoralf

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
We were all born naked.

We were all born born too, Dom, or at least with a very blurry vision. We also lacked K vitamin.

Last edited by thoralf on %b %09, %2016 - %00:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Woodstock wrote:

But where from comes the disturbing potential, that a semi nude woman can cause in a viewers eye? We were all born naked.

Do I need quote the a simple definition of respect for you or are you really that ignorant? Isn't that pretty much the whole issue in this thread....
Dominik

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand you. It is widely consesus that you show good manners if you stay discrete and decent. In an environment where you're not familiar with everybody, you better stay away from nudity and bad words. If you are conform with this, you will get named a respectful person.
Still there are societies, where it is not sufficient. Where you have to go a step further. Where a woman is expected to not laugh publicly or not even talk at all in public.

It is both religious justified. Think about it. FUMBBL won't take the first step in the world and break up with this bullsh. The society has to get tackled somewhere else. I am not judging you because you defend this rigid policy. You main goal is to preserve a friendly environment for everyone where as many people as possible play and stay. This seems to be achieved by banning erotic amongst other things.

Here are some thoughts apart from FUMBBL specifically:
Because others do not want to see some things I have to stop using and showing these things? Again, it is your choice if you want to meet their needs. Why not turn round the respect: Beliefers should finally stop showing their belief, no more public prayers, no more wearing a crucifix. Reads absurd, true?

An example:
I was once sitting in a public park on a warm summer afternoon, when a complete naked woman was passing by surrounded by professional photographers. I guess a sort of artistic shot was taken. While I enjoyed that view, a couple with a newborn baby was loudly complaining "You can't have nowhere your rest these days". Who were right? The woman or the couple?

Last edited by Dominik on %b %09, %2016 - %01:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I change my vote from 1 to 4?
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Because others do not want to see some things I have to stop using and showing these things? Again, it is your choice if you want to meet their needs. Why not turn round the respect: Beliefers should finally stop showing their belief, no more public prayers, no more wearing a crucifix. Reads absurd, true?

Not in France, that's exactly what they have legislated.

Dominik wrote:
An example:
I was once sitting in a public park on a warm summer afternoon, when a complete naked woman was passing by surrounded by professional photographers. I guess a sort of artistic shot was taken. While I enjoyed that view, a couple with a newborn baby was loudly complaining "You can't have nowhere your rest these days". Who were right? The woman or the couple?

They were both right, but ultimately the laws of the country/city/whatever would dictate who would win a lawsuit.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:

An example:

Your example is bound by laws, not by respect. As long the naked lady doesn't break rules, she is free to do what she wants, doesn't mean others have to respect that, or that it is the norm.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Why not turn round the respect: Beliefers should finally stop showing their belief, no more public prayers, no more wearing a crucifix. Reads absurd, true?

Sometimes, reality is like that. It's called reasonable accomodation.

How do you feel about PEGIDA, Dom?
Dominik

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Ultimatively she was also disrespectful to a considerable part of the population (the couple made a conservative look, no dread locks and so on). Wink

If people like the nude woman would regularly frequent public parks naked, conservative people would possibly stop visiting such parks. Others would possibly frequent these parks more instead.
Since FUMBBL does not want to neglect a group of people, erotic is banned. FUMBBL respects these people. Maybe others find it a little constrictive but your aim is to be open for as many as possible. Did I get it?

I'd like to hear your personal opinion as an atheist:
Is there a reason apart from religious ones to ban erotic and nudity in public?
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2016 - 01:18
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
FUMBBL respects these people.

Yes, and we also respect people's time enough to lock derailed threads to not waste their time.
 Jump to: