38 coaches online • Server time: 12:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jumboparagon

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2013 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

cyric612 wrote:
The one turner on my team had saved me a couple games but we got through the last two games with no scoring from the one turner.

also, he's got a niggling injury, so you might as well just retire him now
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2013 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Diddyboy wrote:
Oneturners you can defend against. Pomb there is no defence against.

bahaha! really?!

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2013 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like Cyric's side has better gutters but only 3, plus only 1 blitzer who has ag4 but no PO. I guess he will be using his money to increase numbers and get to a similar tv to the Rabid Ruffians. Unless he really wants that Wiz.
DrDeath will be hoping to make use of the extra positionals and rr to do some beating down.
Could be a great final. DrDeath has legend pedigree so looks confident.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2013 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Diddyboy wrote:
Oneturners you can defend against. Pomb there is no defence against.

bahaha! really?!

Have to agree with Jimmy.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2013 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

When will the final take place? Could be a good game!
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2013 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I like how DrDeath's "won tournaments" section is still virgin. So if he wins, it will be his first Fumbbl title. Always aim for the top, right? Very Happy
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2013 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to give spectators a little advance warning the final will be on at 2100 server time tomorrow!
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2013 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabid Ruffians http://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=658604
vs
Black-Plague http://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=161682

Ruffians 1750 TV with 150 cash, and a skill pending on the +ag lineman
Games Played: 43 (25/14/4) | TD Diff: 35 (81 - 46) | Cas Diff: -48 (39/20/14 - 69/36/16) 4RR, 12FF
Their available squad is 2 blitzers, 4 gutters, 6 linemen

Plague 1490 TV with 250 cash, no skills pending
Games Played: 50 (30/4/16) | TD Diff: 29 (117 - 88) | Cas Diff: -38 (76/36/18 - 90/57/21) 3RR, 14FF
Their available squad is 1 blitzer, 3 gutters, 6 linemen + 1 Loner

Both teams have the one turner +move and sprint gutter
Prediction: Plague buy a blitzer with team gold, Ruffians buy a wizard with petty cash, giving Plague wiz/apoth/babe or similar. Ruffians win 2-1 after long stalls deep in each teams own half
GreenWolf

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2013 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

No no no, they are going to beat TD in one game record. That will be fantastic final with 14-13 score at overtime Smile
Qaz

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2013 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabid Ruffians by way of PO! Both team one turn but Black Plague is beaten an worn down and Ruffians takes it!

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Jumboparagon

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2013 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll go Milfordian on this one and say BB sense tells me the Ruffians take it, but my feeling/heart is with the Plague
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2013 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

GreenWolf wrote:
No no no, they are going to beat TD in one game record. That will be fantastic final with 14-13 score at overtime Smile

My prediction is a 3-2 OT win, whoever wins the OT toss, wins the game.

Each half will consist of 7 turns of running away scared with the ball and a late T8 score, followed by reciprocating OTTs each half.

I give the coin toss to the Plague. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2013 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the finals of the FUMBBL Cup **
Oh this is going to be a very interesting finals match FUMBBL fans. Skavenblight is shut down today as the council has declared a national holiday. Every rat in the world will be glued to their crystal balls to watch this one.

ImageBlack Plague
VS
ImageRabid Ruffians

I have high hopes that this match will be a gripping affair that will come down to a epic guttertastic play that makes our chins drop. Some ho-hum OTS rubbish will not do it, I want to see something crazy.

This is an amazing match on paper. The tactics of the pregame are huge in this one. And I think it all surrounds what will the plague do?

Plague are going to be down 230TV thus getting 230K in inducement money. That is not enough to get the job done. They have 250K in cash.

1)Transfer all that to petty cash, boosting their TV to 1790 compared to 1770, so they will then give up 20K, no problem.

2)Take that 250K and get a Wizard and 2 babes. The babes will cover that KO box for them. And since the firepower of the ruffians is weak the chances of KO is a lot higher than CAS.

3)Now the ruffians are in the pickle. Do they fancy taking on the plague with a wizard and lack one of their own? They have the money to induce a wizard themselves. Make the Ruffians put the plagues wizard in check and they transfer 150K into inducements giving the plague back another 130 K to play with. Thus they could get another apoth, a bribe,fezglitch or go for the wild card and take 2 magic items.

4)Plague HAVE TO TRANSFER ALL 250K into petty cash and MAKE THE RUFFIANS think. Thinking is the worst enemy of any Blood Bowl coach, hands down.

Now once the drama of the pregame is over with. Now we come up to the second part of the juicy match up. The tactics of the match itself.

I have heard guys debate this back and forth. Here is the plan as I see it.

1)Plague are down to a 11 man squad and are facing a CPOMB player. That is what the babes are for.

2)Both teams have Surehands gutters, strip ball gutters and Natural OTS gutters. So neither side as an advantage on that front.

3)The Ruffians due to their firepower advanatage want to stall and attempt to blitz every turn with that CPOMB dude looking to head hunt.

4)Plague want no part of that fight.
SO

Plague needs to score and keep scoring. IF they get the kick off and can natural OTS right off the bat, DO IT.

The idea is that this is the finals match. There is no glory in inflicting a lot of CAS but losing. This is for the biggest win on FUMBBL. Remind the ruffians of that every single turn. That the scoreboard is all that matters. Make them rethink the smash and slow grind game. Make them start scoring and try to match the Plague.

IF this game turns into a high octane run and gun scorefest the plague IMO have the advantage, albeit slight.

You can even flip that "take" on the match and apply it to the Ruffians. They OTS right off the bat. Make the Plague keep scoring with them. The CPOMB guy is still going to get his licks in. Make this match turn on a wizard or blunder with ball handling.

If one team attempts the stall I think that is a fools errand. All that does is deny yourself precious turns later in the game to score if they have to. In fact it shortens the match to the point that just one Turn Over could cost you the match. I dont think either team wants the game to come down to who ever makes the first turn over loses. In the end that is what a long stall will force this game into.

Ok here it is...the big finals prediction.

Black Plague win the FUMBBL Cup on Turn 16 when they get a Turn Over because the ruffians are trying to stall out the win and go coast to coast on the turn over score and go up 4-3. The Ruffians have one last shot and BLOW the OTS attempt for the tie.

Plague 4-3 over the Ruffians.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2013 - 16:24
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to go out on a limb, risk it all, and plump for the Skaven

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2013 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

No Blackbox representation in the final...hehe

Jump to: