22 coaches online • Server time: 02:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Other than that there were 2 pure souls, who could scry every other night but lost their power if they ever voted and killed a fellow innocent brother, and two Strong Faith players who could thwart an attack on a player and remove any curses from them, also every other night for them.

And the chaplain, who survived for quite some time!

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh praise to the lord!

Brothers, our lord was victorious against the powers of darkness. As his humble tools, we have prevailed.

Let us kneel down and pray for our fallen brothers....

Borther Gordreg, your faith is strong, i wish to ask you to lead our holy order now that our chaplain is gone - if my fellow brothers agree. Brother Zhargog, your wisdom has lead us to the path of light. Brother Ambush, our silent brother. You took a long time without voting, and finally spoke up when the time was right.

Our enemies were cunning. He who had been Brother Criblleopie before nearly trapped us all..... If he wasnt a spirit, I would show him respect.... but as he was an evil spirit... may he burn in hell.

Let us also praise the fate that leads all creatures. The fate sets the rules of this world and its wisdom is unlimited.

Your humble brother Reis, who was to be burned many a times....

Now brothers, although I wasnt completely right about the spirits, I told you that there would come a time when i was to quote a duke well known to us all.

"Damn, I´m good."
Duke Nuk´em

(Cheers. Was my first werewolf game and real fun)

cleanse reisender
Chewie

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

That was fun.
How the spirits imploded after my death was fun to watch Smile
Zaghrog

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for another awesome game spelle!

When I got my PM, I expected to live maybe long enough to scry two players. However, RealMadns totally saved my ass! By pointing out two targets (even if Chewie wasn't evil) I got some extra time to make my second scry. In hindsight, I guess I should have stayed my vote against Chewie, but how was I supposed to know that Real had been fooled, especially because I just knew he couldn't be lying about his claim (I doubt anyone could have accurately predicted all of the seer qualities in this game).

As we got closer to the end, I actually became more effective! This was probably due to being relieved from my powers and the fear of losing them. This allowed me to actually do research and vote for players I suspected in the normal manner. Having revealed two innocents helped a bunch of course, it shortened my list of suspects a great deal, but still I'm quite proud of how well I nailed the bad guys with my suspect list(s).

But the reason I survived this game (and probably the reason we won) was the effectiveness of Real and Gordreg, fantastic play even if you had to rely on pure luck quite a lot.

Now unless the other game is full already, go sign up!

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go...
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish I had been able to stop an attack or clear a curse. Maybe I should have spoken up about the ability to remove curses, at least - especially now that I see that not voting to kill anyone would have kept me safe. Talking to each other could have actually been very helpful in this game.
RealMadns

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

WOOT!

Nice victory! and super game Spelle!
I really liked the low info on the powers, and all the guesses that followed Smile Im glad you talked me into it!

Cribble! very well played, as always... as i said earlier in the game: "if Cribble is evil the good guys are in trouble"

Thx for the game all! I had fun.

Real
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to say but we were screwed very early on. The fact we couldn't remove people without them voting for an innocent AND THEN that innocent being the vote winner and burning, meant we've never been able to kill Ambush, and never would. Game dynamics need fixing there, as he was IA most of the first half of the game.

Having two seers and two healers in a game this size I found very overpowered as well.

Very well run, just didn't have any realistic chance of winning anywhere throughout.

I did enjoy leading innocents to their death more often than not though!

For anyone who was interested, we cursed Chewie on night one (Meaning he'd scry as a spirit), mind trapped me second night, then spent most of the time trying to either Mind trap me or kill innocents. Got blocked twice, and no one ever scried me! (Despite my best efforts to be as vocal and scryable as possible!)

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that the spirits could hardly win this game by killing at night (although after chewie it culd have worked!), they really needed to make the voting go their way.
Limiting the seers to not vote kill another innocent made for a harsh place for the spirits to be for sure, but cursning seemed to work fine!

I think I would have voted for Reisender before Dog, what happened there?

Anyway, hoping that everyone had fun! I think they had, even if it felt like an uphill struggle!

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Just so you know next time. Mr_Foulscumm (that's me) was the only player that voted 100% for bad guys! I was THE greatest of all the innocents! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I found Reis seemed innocent and found BNWD suspicious. I voted right away, and for whatever reason, people seemed willing to follow for once.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile

spelle - i agree i was suspicious, but after being the one responsible for the killing of foresttim i must have seemed more or less innocent....

BNWDog made himself so suspicious by voting for gordreg....(however cribble was even more suspicious to me)
Gordreg

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Brothers,

We have won a great victory here today. The sorcerer-spirits who sought to undermine our holy work have been vanquished, and once again our halls are free from their taint of darkness. It is good that we can once again meet a climate without fear or suspicion. I thank all of our surviving Bretheren - Brother-Seer Zaghrog, Brother Ambush, Brother Reisender - but above all, I thank the Lord who has guided us through this darkness to the light of Salvation. Our order still stands, albeit reduced, but we have learned today that strong minds and pure hearts, together in the service of the lord, can always triumph against the darkness.

We must not forget the honoured fallen. Chaplain Circularlogic, Brother Chewie, Brother drbunny, Brother Wackogenius, Brother Tyrion, Brother Foulscumm, Brother Nicodemus, Brother-Seer RealMadns, Brother Shrap, and Pure Brother Walksinthesun... all who fell, fell in the service of our Lord. It is my shame and regret to have suspected many of these brave souls, and I pray that the Lord will honour their spirits evermore. But we cannot let the lord's work falter whlst we pause to mourn our fallen bretheren.

We must look to the future; we must rebuild.

And thus; I must also decline brother Resinder's suggestion that I take the place of Chaplain. Though my heart has remained pure, Brother Zaghrog was the head who led our order to victory over the abominations, a man who must surely have been blessed by the light. Even with his powers of perception stripped away by a most heinous trick, still he remained undaunted and guided us toward victory. Though I did my part to keep the spirits from some minds, I am no leader amongst this communion. May Brother Zaghrog take the place of Chaplain he has earned through his vallient actions, and may the lord's light be with him.

For my own part, I feel that the lord guides me in another direction. The number of our order is depleted, and though the minions of foulness have met their defeat here in this citadel of the light, still the lands swarm with their malace. To drive them back we must take on fresh souls and temper them in the light of the lord, for with an army of the holy we shall see this world restored to her past glories. But for such an undertaking, we cannot allow our future bretheren to wither or falter. Therefore, I would request to become a master of Novices in the order restored. To protect the innocent against the forces of Corruption was my role in this, and I should do so again... to keep the brothers of tomorrow from straying to darkness, as they learn the customs of our order and are inducted into our secrets.

May the Lord bless our order as it rises from the ashes; for his is the light, the mercy and salvation.

Amen.
BlackNWhiteDog

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Felt like I'd been thrown in at the deep end being evil in my first game
I guess I showed my inexperience with my daft ramblings at the end there Very Happy

With the benefit of hindsight we should have cursed more early on.

Thanks Spelle!

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2008 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

It was fun reading it! Now Hopefully the next game i get to vote! 2 games and 2 different problems preventing me using my keyboard, talk about badluck!
Zaghrog

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2008 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with Cribble about the game being very difficult for the spirits, the positionals all wanting to avoid killing makes killing them very hard.

@Cribble: I thought several times about scrying you, but considered the more silent ones to be better targets as otherwise they'd be killed off as dead weight or they'd stick around doing nothing and taking victory for the spirits.

A few things about this game:
All games suffer a bit if there are inactive players, but this rule-set suffers from it more than usual. This, and the nega traits on the positionals that make the game harder for spirits, were the only considerable flaws in this game, though they didn't ruin it. Still, I think these are the points that need working on if something similar is made in the future. I'm glad spelle set up the nega traits though, it made this game a lot more interesting (at least for me)!

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go...
 Jump to: