23 coaches online • Server time: 11:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Stitcha

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

There is way to many teams to choose from on here !
Blood bowl on ps4 is ruined for me tbh, no in game chat, the few ppl i have managed to find in my timezone are never up for a game / they are never even playing when they are online. Its almost a waste of the money i spent on it. At some point ill trade it in and get the pc version.

Tbh it makes you wonder what Cyanide was doing, the game and rules are already there. All they had to do was animate it and set up the basic structure both in game and out (leagues etc). Its one of the most uncompleted games I have played I think.
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Stitcha wrote:
There is way to many teams to choose from on here !

These are the teams that all should be in BB2 but money grabbers want to have DLC

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Stitcha wrote:

Tbh it makes you wonder what Cyanide was doing, the game and rules are already there. All they had to do was animate it and set up the basic structure both in game and out (leagues etc). Its one of the most uncompleted games I have played I think.

The game was already there? Did they find the coding under a tree?

I'm no coder, however I think it's a pretty hard game to code PARTICULARLY as you have to replicate not create large parts.

Not saying they've done a good or bad job mind......just I don't think they've got an easy job.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

It was easy in the sense that they didn't need to come up with stuff like the terrible bank rule, Bretonnians or the marketplace. The stadium upgrades are actually kinda ok though ofc still unnecessary.

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

I'm no coder, however I think it's a pretty hard game to code PARTICULARLY as you have to replicate not create large parts.

For someone part time as a hobby, or for a game studio?
Stitcha

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

There isn't any collision elements or real time events. But I mostly ment the rules, skills etc.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Anybody. If I am wrong, please elaborate.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not harder, just different. A lot of game design briefs are fairly set to begin with, even if they do change over time as the project progresses.

(although you never said it was harder, just pretty hard, which I wouldn't know, never having tried it Very Happy)

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Semitence wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Anybody. If I am wrong, please elaborate.

When you are building a brand new game that no one has ever heard of, if you cannot make some features work you can just simplify them or leave them out. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah Koadah they have done that a bit by not clarifying what are bugs and what are rules changes lol. On the other hand ofc, they didn't have to actually think up any game mechanics so in that respect it's tons easier.

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
On the other hand ofc, they didn't have to actually think up any game mechanics so in that respect it's tons easier.

The coders don't actually "think up" any of the game mechanics. That's usually a different department. The briefs I've had to work with for games have been documents with a lot of flow charts and explanations of ideas and logical ifs and buts, and what the game should play like (along with game world background and fluff for the art department). And then the coders get to moan about trying to implement it (while I just make pretty pictures Very Happy).

But you're right, someone had an easier job since he didn't have to think stuff up for the coders to do. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Yeah Koadah they have done that a bit by not clarifying what are bugs and what are rules changes lol. On the other hand ofc, they didn't have to actually think up any game mechanics so in that respect it's tons easier.
At least the art design and graphic departments took to their tasks with gusto. Lots of nice touches all around.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I sorta don't get why they just don't tweak the teams from BB1 and transplant them into BB2...or is that the plan?

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
I'm having my doubts about the game now to be honest.

I played the fastest game of blood bowl of all time today. I RIP surfed a Dark Elf Lineelf on turn 1, he concede straight after without even having a turn.

Surely they still lose the player anyway, and also lose winnings and mvp. Is it just people think they have no chance to win when a player is out? Or some kind of ragequit culture.

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
I'm having my doubts about the game now to be honest.

I played the fastest game of blood bowl of all time today. I RIP surfed a Dark Elf Lineelf on turn 1, he concede straight after without even having a turn.

Surely they still lose the player anyway, and also lose winnings and mvp. Is it just people think they have no chance to win when a player is out?

The rules are wrong any way as you dont roll for players over 51 SPPs which adds to the problem.