51 coaches online • Server time: 13:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
I'm having my doubts about the game now to be honest.

I played the fastest game of blood bowl of all time today. I RIP surfed a Dark Elf Lineelf on turn 1, he concede straight after without even having a turn.

Surely they still lose the player anyway, and also lose winnings and mvp. Is it just people think they have no chance to win when a player is out? Or some kind of ragequit culture.

Yeah, the player still died. I think it's the fact that they think they can't win being short on players.

I had an even shorter game yesterday where I SI'd a Troll Slayer on the first block of the game without moving anyone else. And he conceded instead of using the apoth which was odd.

I also noticed something so stupid that I'm not sure if it was a joke or not. You get the option to concede on the inducment page, before the game has even begun. Shocked

Last edited by Mr_Foulscumm on %b %18, %2015 - %20:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2015 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
I sorta don't get why they just don't tweak the teams from BB1 and transplant them into BB2...or is that the plan?
Probably because it's an entirely different graphics and game engine so they need to redesign everything from the ground up, in addition to working to design it for different hardware.

garyt1 wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
I'm having my doubts about the game now to be honest.

I played the fastest game of blood bowl of all time today. I RIP surfed a Dark Elf Lineelf on turn 1, he concede straight after without even having a turn.

Surely they still lose the player anyway, and also lose winnings and mvp. Is it just people think they have no chance to win when a player is out? Or some kind of ragequit culture.
It's probably a ragequit, and if it's a fresh team they're just going to rebuild it so they don't want to waste their time.

It's not like there is any coach rating, or connectivity rating that is affected by a quick concede and team rebuild.

I suspect that the concede button on the inducement page exists because of the fact that there is only one public league, so it has to serve as both the competitive and casual play league for the game. In a casual league, you can imagine there being an option to turn down matchups that you don't want. I think it's really dumb to have in a competitive league, but there you go.

It also needs to exist because the matchmaker is so busted that fresh teams can play against TV 2000+ teams.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

the ragequits and ssp tactics in bb2 must be unbelievable. https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodbowl/comments/3pa8qj/spp_farming_for_elf_throwerscatchers/
*puke*

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Three days in and the game has lost all appeal. Surprised it was entertaining for that long to be honest. Oh well, back to Fumbbl Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

In other words, they are treating it like an online pvp game, and not like a board game played online. Shouldn't really surprise anyone, but lets you cherish what we have here, doesn't it?
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
the ragequits and ssp tactics in bb2 must be unbelievable. https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodbowl/comments/3pa8qj/spp_farming_for_elf_throwerscatchers/
*puke*
Shocked

It's stunning in both how it's abuses the concede system and the fact that it seems counter productive when compared to just scoring a couple of touchdowns.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Or the fact that he will end up with one average player on a team of losers. And the player has a maximum game life of 128 games. That seems dumb on soooo many levels. Just stupid.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Just bought BB2 and played 1 game on it. IT was pretty decent. B- above average.

Got 5 cas with a rookie DE team vs another DE team. -AG on a witch. I'm pretty sure he's going to retire his team.
Wish there was a chat feature. So I could type PWND!

Trying to get a DE Assassin to blitz then stab an opponent, takes a little while with the interface, and often could only move 10 out of 11 players under 2 minutes.

But I got the bloodbowl itch, and Java wasn't working right now, so I got the game and am happy with it.

I'd say it's about a $30-35 value, but of course I paid $45.

All in all, I'd rather play on Fumbbl.

Writing commentary, after the matches, and then showing your friends the Links to the replay. I really miss.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a chat feature for the PC version at least

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

You can use Piling on with Dirty Player!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

So players doesn't leave the conceding team... Another RuleBook rape for Cyanide
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

MDeLarge wrote:
So players doesn't leave the conceding team... Another RuleBook rape for Cyanide
The reason for this is frustrating but simple: disconnects. Because of the lack of easy reconnect after an internet drop, and the lack of any way to reconnect at all after a crash to desktop, you can't fully punish players for conceding.

If they did, you would wind up with situations where Blood Bowl 2 would have an error and crash, and coaches would lose their players. That's awful.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

you could easily solve that problem though by enabling a reconnect to games. it is done so simply on fumbbl, i think it is amazing cyanide cant get this done on their 2nd attempt.
but i think Verminardo summed it up perfectly.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2015 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Game 2, My DE team faces Newbie DE again. This time my opponent concedes at the half, after having 3 cas, and 2ko's not come back.

But I didn't get the extra money! It's so satisfying to get that that, and they took that away!

The most satisfying thing was to make my opponents concede, and possibly cry.
And just not feeling it.

Perhaps when I kill a really good player again.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2015 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

SquirrelDude wrote:
mekutata wrote:
*puke*
Shocked

It's stunning in both how it's abuses the concede system and the fact that it seems counter productive when compared to just scoring a couple of touchdowns.

Even worse, the passing game is pretty sub-optimal so even if he gets a couple of legends it is not much use.

He should be skilling up blitzers instead and hoping for doubles.

Jump to: