40 coaches online • Server time: 14:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nebji

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2007 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, game 4 for the Chaos Dwarfs against the Necromantic Prinny Squad

Well, it looked as if it was going to be tough, the Chaos Dwarfs up against a far more experienced foe, but thanks to the gods that be, the handicap given was Duh, Where Am I! and the prime Werewolf was then seen to be drinking a huge bowl of hootch from his water dish and proceeded to be a Bone Head for the match. This would have been ok if in the the Necromantic first turn the other werewolf didn't attempt a block on a dwarf, roll block and proceeded to be taken out for the rest of the game and the following game. This really was the beggining of what was to be some brutal turns punctuated with scoring. In all, four players were seriously injured, dood the zombie was SI'd twice as he managed to be re-attached and sent back out after the first score by Homer J the bull centaur. The subsequent kickoff resulted in a perfect defense, also a perfect bounce which saw the ball end up in the End Zone of the Prinny Squad. The Wight with sure hands went to pick it up, but somehow managed to make a meal of it, and the ball bounced out then back in towards the half way line. This allowed the chaos dwarf team to capitalise and pick the ball up. Dood, was sent back out of the game, as well as Maderas the Flesh Golumn, which will not be seen again for two games and that is if his knees hold up, I can hear body snatchers now raiding nearby grave yards to replace the damaged part. The Prinny Squad finally decided to throw in the towel when their new recruit, the Ghoul, Red Prism Ranger got tangled up with Zutroy and was sent from the field permanently, never to be seen again. At this stage the necromantic team decided to take his wounded and go get some beers. The highlight for the Dwarfs was the survival of Zutroy for the first time in three games, and on top of it he got an MVP.

On a side note, I feel pretty bad for the Necro's as they now have to face the nasty Khem team with a short sided team. Luckily for me, I got out of the game unscathed looking forward to elf omelette's.
tuggnut

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2007 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, low is the bard that has to sing the praises of the lowly Dark Elves, but silver is the lining of their future. Brave Brave Lady Evvamean carted one of those icky orc blitzers to their grave, leading the few elf fans in the crowd to scream out BRING OUT YOUR DEAD! But alas that was only one of two highpoints for the elves who only manged to score one TD against the overwealming and ever reproducing orcs, heathens!

But, we now have a full 10 players to play against our next opponents the Norse!! After the few 22k fans must have paid top dakra for this event as both the lowly darkies and the orcs got 70 k for their troubles, leading to the raising of the dead for the late Alexandra Medford, with her and two new skills the elves are feeling confident against their horny foes.
tuggnut

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2007 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Again, my hearoldry bard has the worst gig on the planet!! He has to follow these sacks of losers. Again they played, and again the lost, to the norse this time. Yet again the silver lining, they finally have a full strength team again, and their next game is against the equally low woodies, who have to survive the ogres before they get to me. So hopefully by the end of the woodies game there will be the ellusive first win and some nice skill points for the darkies. This match took a bloody turn off the start, with the darkies having most of their players spending the game in the KO box, then their spirits turned dark, and the uncharictoristicly started fouling the Norse, and cause two BH on the horny devils! but the viking raiders were able to come on our turf rape our horses and ride off on our women folk, the 2-1 score is not indicutive of the game,as the darkies did manage to score onthe last play of the game. Bring on the woodies...
raestuart

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2007 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

OK folks,

Now round 4 is officially over so onto the vote for season 2 rule changes that I foretold u was coming. please do cast a vote these are the only proposals that i have considered and have received from others they all have my vote

1)I propose we ban Khemari in the next season.

2)There seems to be some resistance to the no stalling rule. I hereby propose we ratify and continue with the no stalling rule for season 2,if u are in possession of the ball u have to score if u can unless it would require going for it.

3)Some have suggested removing the dwarfs as well, I do not support this, yes they are a pain in the 1rst round when no one else has block and tackle but by round 11 no big deal.

4)I propose for season 2 all team coaches either post a personal email they CHECK regular, or my personal request is all sign up for msn so that we avoid situations where people arnt able to connect and we have to wait a week and a half for people to connect. 6 of us are already on msn which is half the league that I know of and I'm willing to bet there are a few I don't know of.

Vote Tally's as they come in im upto popcorn pg 5 2nd vote post i welcome someone recounting and letting me know if i made an error keep in mind many people abstained or gave an indifferent or possibly unintellagable response

question 1 Ban the Khem For: 3 Con: 9
question 2 Stalling is evil For: 7 Con: 2
question 3 Ban the Dwarfs For: 1 Con: 11

question 4 Was more of a Strong Request not a Vote item. There has been more then one time opponents have been unable to contact one another, or keep missing each other, and I thought msn might be helpful but at the least I'm going to request there be some email or some way to contact u so others can do this without having to ask me to do it I have done so 2 times this week on players behalf, one of them for someone who said every things fine no change needed. But since I don't like emailing people when they could do it themselves unless my intervention is needed.

Ammendment 5 from Sir Orange: be it resolved that
"next time we can do a race draft, with the last place coach in this season getting first pick, and the winner getting last pick" this is as opposed to our current random draw system

For: 9 Con: 2

Last edited by raestuart on %b %27, %2007 - %18:%Feb; edited 22 times in total
nebji

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2007 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I agree with the first, disagree with the 2nd, disagree with the third, (would like to see humans, highelves and lizards however), and I am already on MSN so rule 4 doesn't impact me.
SirOrange

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2007 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

1) Ban the Khemri? They are not champs yet; we are only half-way through the league. Maybe for next season we can ban the race that wins this season, whomever they may be.

2) I'm pretty neutral on stalling. I will play either way.

3) Remove the Dwarfs? See #1.

4) I agree that communication is important. Personally, I havn't had any problems with the messages on this site...seems to work just fine. I am on MSN too, and that sounds like a good idea.

One last note: about the random races. Maybe next time we can do a race draft, with the last place coach in this season getting first pick, and the winner getting last pick...just an idea.
Junkel

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2007 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

1)I think if better wait until the end of the season before getting a decision, maybe with more ssp points and more $ things will be different.

2)i don'tunderstand this points, maybe for my terrible english Razz

3)as point 1)

4)it's ok
nebji

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2007 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe it would be easy if we put our MSN addresses here. Mine is muppet_sweedish_chef@hotmail.com
raestuart

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2007 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Raestuart@hotmail.com
Popcorn

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2007 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

1) don't ban khemri;
2) 'no stalling' rule remains;
3) don't ban dwarfs.

MSN idea is nice, i will create a msn account soon.
GrinningD

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2007 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

1) con
2) for
3) for
4) for
5) for

Pretty simple me Wink
arw

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2007 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

1 *ban Khemri*) neutral
2 *no stalling*) for
3 *ban dwarves*) con
5 *draft*) for

On1) I actually thought about proposing to ban khemri before the league started. Now i got them i know it was perfectly right not to propose such. Very Happy
They are definitely not the "winning team par excellance" for their incompetences in agility can easily decide a game to Khemris disadvantage (Nuffle can be hard on Khemri...). Look at two TDs with my Skellis as well as my two completions- Things could have been different. Khemris weaknesses weren't only compensated by skill and training but by luck as well as i must admit.
Nonetheless Khemri are way too brutal to happily look forward to a match against them. For quite some coaches having a "bad day against Khemri" is not an option. People concede before that even happens. A scary start- that is enough. Although hindering the mummies development this may be the biggest khemrian advantage. It is a boost of win stats and cash. Additionally conceding leaves Khemri with fewer (or no) past players.
That wouldn't happen very often in ranked games or smacks. But it does happen (and makes sense) in a league with a fixed schedule before KOs.
I don't know whether this advantage is enough to ban them. I'ld definetely be against the ban for I'ld like to play against them next league. It's more like a must after playing them now. If anybody else likes playing them that is Twisted Evil
tuggnut

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2007 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, item 1 banning the Khem, I am for as they are BRUTAL. Item 2, Stalling, well I hate stalling so I am for the score if you got it rule (course I was bad once and stalled but I didnt read the rules and was quickly corrected! my bad) Item 3, Dont ban the loveable little guys, I mean I had a team of elves and played them first week and lived. Item 4, well Msn can be used as back up, I havent really had much difficulty getting a game going even with the different time zones, but if you find you are having difficulty talking to the other person, its important to give as much contact as possible and keep track of your comms (in case it does come down to a forfit). 5, as much as I would prob benefit from this rule as I have been beaten mercilessly this season, I kinda like the randomness so I will sit on the fence on this issue!
snooze

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2007 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

1. against
2. strongly for
3. neutral
4. for
5. for

For everybody i have msn: ulrik_bjorlin@hotmail.com
Razz
snooze

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2007 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

MY third OrcBlitzer in a row that been KILLED and what will i replace him with? , No Cash. A goblin? unf....ing belivible....
 Jump to: