45 coaches online • Server time: 15:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimmyBlitz

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Gebannus wrote:
joshshott wrote:
I gave you a suggestion, I posted a link written, Im pretty sure, by the Creator of the game Jarvis... and it has team building guidelines/rules. Read, adjust your team accordingly, then try comming up with a team that would fit your backstory.

I read that link, don't vampires break Jervis' own rules?

I think you should stop being a hater, you're making me very sad Sad

You may also notice the guidelines were writen before Proelves, Nurgles Rotters, Necro, and Vamps were inducted into the LRB
Tophat

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

JockMcRowdy wrote:
Eldar

0-2 Seer 9 3 6 9 Block, Dodge, Leap, VLL, Pass Block, Leader GAS 60k
0-4 Howling Banshee 10 3 6 8 Block, Dodge, Frenzy, Leap, Dauntless, Horns, Side Step GAS 50k
0-12 Fire Dragons 8 4 4 10 Block, Dodge, Guard GAS 30k

RR 40k

Big Guy 0-1 Avatar 4 9 1 10 Block, Break Tackle, Guard, Stand Firm Claw, RSC, Indestructible*
*Indestructible, any time anyone blocks the avatar their dice automatically become attacker down, avatars blocks automatically becomer defender down. Avatar cannot fail dodges or GFI.

you need some warp spiders , warp spiders are awesome , you could use the special rules for teleportation devised for the space marines .
Instead of a wizard you could "hire" a farseer . He could use his powers to just sort of let you choose to have whatever result you want from a dice action like once or twice a turn maybe (just thinking on my feet here )

Also they should all have sprint to represent fleet of foot ....and maybe sure feet just to make sure ...

and harlequins ..there cool , like banshees on a PCP/Amphetamine blend , should have some of those too

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Obviously, the avatar should be free: It is summoned rather than hired. I do not think the average avatar would respond well to the suggestion that it was merely a soldier for hire.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

after reading joshs statements several times i think he has some point and the team needs some changes .. its too powerfull right now, especially with this orbital barrage.. we can assume that an oribital barrage is maybe more expensive then hireing a wizard for 50k... thats why i think buying an orbital barrage should cost 80k instead...
Tophat

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

joshshott wrote:
you forgot a price on the avatar

Avatars should be free , but turn up only in times of the gravest need ....so maybe if you roll a 2 at the begining of the turn it appears somewhere randomly on the pitch .... regardless of the number of models on the pitch ..

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Deffo underpowered to be Marines. Should have AV12 on marines and of atleast 15 on terminators. Everyone is also lacking strength.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Tophat wrote:
JockMcRowdy wrote:
Eldar

0-2 Seer 9 3 6 9 Block, Dodge, Leap, VLL, Pass Block, Leader GAS 60k
0-4 Howling Banshee 10 3 6 8 Block, Dodge, Frenzy, Leap, Dauntless, Horns, Side Step GAS 50k
0-12 Fire Dragons 8 4 4 10 Block, Dodge, Guard GAS 30k

RR 40k

Big Guy 0-1 Avatar 4 9 1 10 Block, Break Tackle, Guard, Stand Firm Claw, RSC, Indestructible*
*Indestructible, any time anyone blocks the avatar their dice automatically become attacker down, avatars blocks automatically becomer defender down. Avatar cannot fail dodges or GFI.

you need some warp spiders , warp spiders are awesome , you could use the special rules for teleportation devised for the space marines .
Instead of a wizard you could "hire" a farseer . He could use his powers to just sort of let you choose to have whatever result you want from a dice action like once or twice a turn maybe (just thinking on my feet here )

Also they should all have sprint to represent fleet of foot ....and maybe sure feet just to make sure ...

and harlequins ..there cool , like banshees on a PCP/Amphetamine blend , should have some of those too

mmmmm... death jester
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
razta wrote:
Terminators 0-4 MA6 ST5 AG3 AV11 Block, Dodge, Stand Firm, Thick Skull, Regenerate

Now that you mention it, all Marines should have Regenerate (and Thick Skull), to reflect their superhuman healing powers. They still get an apoth too (Medics).

And Smelling Salts - don't tell me that highly trained soldiers would leave home without it.
Gebannus

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

possibly a star player with a heavy flamer?

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Furious_George wrote:
Bah. I have a much better idea Jock.

Guard.

0-2 Leman Russ Battle Tanks 5 7 1 11 Deathroller, Mighty Blow, Block, Blunderbuss, Bombadier GS 120k
0-2 Commisar 6 4 3 8 GS Block, Dauntless 50k
0-50 Guard 6 3 3 7 G 30k

Special Rule: Guard can have as many guard on the field as are available, ignoring the rule of 11!

aaaaah no!

please guard would be like this:

0-2 Leman as per yours
0-2 Commisar 6 4 3 8 GS, BLOCK TEAMMATES SKILL, Dauntless, Dirty Player, Very Dirty Player on TEAMMATES SKILL
0-50 Guard as per yours
0-100 Penal legion 6 3 3 3 Dauntless - why waste armour

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

my eldar could take them on

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
JimmyBlitz

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10256&highlight=
Gebannus

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry josh, but wouldn't cut it against the Emperor's Finest.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course not, it's a team more closely adapted to the original team/guidelines. and not overpowered.
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Josh... about that sarcasm detector...

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
 Jump to: