26 coaches online • Server time: 02:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Bythe way, Silly, most of your games versus dorfs were games with flings, thus obvious cherrypickers.

So naturally, those guys weren't fun.

And playing the standart dorf game versus flings is far from hard.

he likes it that way his flings hunt dorfs

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
unx

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Radmane wrote:
But i guess i must play dwarfs differently to the normal stereotypical way and so i'm kinda bemused by some of the ideas thats dorfs are boring.

Got another coach name? wanna spec some games, no teams or nothing under radmane =/

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Bythe way, Silly, most of your games versus dorfs were games with flings, thus obvious cherrypickers.

So naturally, those guys weren't fun.

And playing the standart dorf game versus flings is far from hard.

I like those games. Actually they are some of my favouritest ones, be careful who you think was the picker too Cool Most of them were fair, a few were in my favour and a few were against my favour, pretty much all of them were me challenging them. On the other hand, all of them (most) required a certain amount of ingenuity and some rethinking, usually from both coaches. It feels like I get more chat in those games too.

Edit: for some reason he is now called Ol One Eye.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
little_idiot

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Am I the only one who loves to passs with my dwarfs?
Anyway...I like playing with and against Dwarfs, simply because I like the Dwarfs of Warhammer. They have good starting skills, but it not that easy to get SPP early on, seeing as you will not score much, pass much or intercept much. It really comes down to getting points for cas, and since you usually only get games against other bashy teams, they won't grow on trees either. (Until you get some MB and such.)

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

little_idiot wrote:

nickname or nomen omen?
Laughing Laughing Laughing

ps: sorry bud, no offence, but that was too perfect to miss Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

little_idiot wrote:

No you are not, and they won me my 1 and only [R] tournament too (sadly I had to lay off the passing in the semi and final).

Dwarfs are very tough at low TR, in particular they really mess up the 2 other strong low TR teams in the shape of zons and Norse.

I've found them quite weak once you get past 175TR though, with only 4 reliable ball handlers (and ag3 isn't that wonderful), one mistake and it's game over. They also start to get outbash'd by Orcs as the Orcs will have more strength and DP, but less guard and MB usually. In tournaments a wizard will usually beat them too.

I suppose the fact that they get such easy access to MB tacklers is the key, Wood or Pro elves will only face a few tacklers until the other bashers get to 200+. And so many people dodge dwarfs that they struggle to get games and build TR, i think JD winning 2 tourneys with them is a real achievement.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

nickname or nomen omen?
Laughing Laughing Laughing

ps: sorry bud, no offence, but that was too perfect to miss Wink

Heh...what can I say? I chose my name carefully. Wink
I also don't care much if I win or lose. It's how much sillyness, chaos and fun I can create.

That said, what can be more dwarf-like than throwing the ball deep into enemy territory and then beating your way over there to retrive the ball you (most likely) failed to catch? Wholesome dwarven fun for everyone.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2008 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

unx wrote:
Radmane wrote:
But i guess i must play dwarfs differently to the normal stereotypical way and so i'm kinda bemused by some of the ideas thats dorfs are boring.

Got another coach name? wanna spec some games, no teams or nothing under radmane =/

Yeah Angie was kind enough to change my nick. When i first signed on i did it in a rush as my brother was over my shoulder guiding me. But i have used the nickname One Eye for years in real life.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2008 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

/me misses the D.M.U.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2008 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
/me misses the D.M.U.

Very occasionaly i feel the slight urge to restart it. the i remember how quickly it became a den of cherrypickers beating up weaker teams (who never refused a game because they were so desperate to actualy use their dwarfs) and then braging about how tough they thought they were Rolling Eyes

Not all the DMU coaches were like that. there were a lot of fun guys who really got into the spirit i intended it to be played in but the few who wernt spoilt it badly.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2008 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, there was a guy named Thor Thunderpants who was awesome to play against!

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2008 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The D.M.U? What's that? SOunds like a nasty disease!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2008 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarf Mangling Union. A Fumbbl group that awarded points for mangling dwarves. Simliar to the E.M.U. (boring) and the M.M.U. (Awesome!)

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2008 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Dwarf Mangling Union. A Fumbbl group that awarded points for mangling dwarves. Simliar to the E.M.U. (boring) and the M.M.U. (Awesome!)

Bah couldn't possibly be as much fun as mangling Wood Elves though surely???
def909

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2008 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh please someone start D.M.U. again, my dwarves want to get picked!