26 coaches online • Server time: 09:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gonzorgg

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

poi66 wrote:
Man, there are some really lazy coaches in this...

I don't understand why people sign up for tournaments when they are not playing their matches? They hold up the rest of us.

"I wan't in, I wan't in" "But I won't sacrifice the time"....... Then don't sign up!
-Gonzorgg
odi

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, that is annoing. Atleast we have in the finnish (I know it's not possible with multiple time zones), we have a catchup time at 21:00 every sunday, when you "have" to be online on the channel. So the round time for every round is one week. If a game hasn't been played by then, there are 3 options:
1) Both coaches show up at that time, and they have to play
2) One coach shows up, he is recorded as the winner (he has to PM the group admin at that time)
3) none of the coaches show up, coin toss will pick the winner.

Besides, I think that 2 weeks for a round is too much. 1 week should be enough, especially because you can play the games in advance. Provided your oppo has played his games too.

I guess one option would be to kick the coach not playing his games, and expunge him from the league, and let someone else join instead. I'd love to play more tourney matches, but the problem is that the tourneys always seem to get stuck, because of some one not playing their games.
poi66

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion also two weeks is much too long. The guys that really want to play are doing their matches immediatly, and for the lazy ones is two weeks still too short. I think how longer they have time the longer they need.
I was chasing my 1st round opponent 3 weeks. 2 days after we finally played I had round 2 and 3 already done...

Just my opinion Willard73, no critics here on you or the great tourney of yours... (-;
NNNChef

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You are right poi66. I played my Round 3 game on December 28th. And we have a lot of coaches that still havent played they 2 round game. Who cant play in the regulary round time should be removed from the tournament. I think there are enough coaches who would join our tournament.
Gonzorgg

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

NNNChef ,a dn others, this is exectly the point, We have other interested coaches! ANd if we don't when we are open to new, we'll keep going without.

2 weeks don't solve anything for the busy/lazy coaches, just keeps everybody else waiting...... Annoying!
I have played 3 matches, and will probably have to wait 6 weeks or so to play this team again!? Crazy stuff !
poi66

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Odi! Just studied your amazons and laughed my ass off. Great! Too bad your gobbos are not in english... ):
odi

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

poi66: Thanks for the compliment. It just seems sometimes I have too much time on my hands. I mean it must really look to some ppl like I'm working, when I'm actually trying to do bios for the team Smile
tarzom

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Apologies for anyone in the Champion League waiting for me and majk to play our game.

We've just finished it now - I was lucky to get away with a 1-1 draw see the match record for the reason:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=217473

It was my fault the game was delayed - I've been having serious problems with my connection - I think its a modem problem which should now be fixed (if I havent just jynxed it)[probably spelt that wrong?] so the next rounds should run more smoothly?

By the way - if anyones collecting bb miniatures - I'm selling some on ebay at the moment:
http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=tarzom&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50
majk

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2004 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Figure I should defend the massive flaming against people being "lazy coaches".

Firstly, gather around and listen kids, sometimes things happen that are beyond your control. I signed up for this tourney because I think its fun to play bloodbowl and I do play often. Tarzom contacts me and says he has major problems with his modem connection. What can i do about that? Sure I can whine all i want but its not like its gonna help, just makes me look really childish. The guy had a problem which he didnt create and had no control over. Its not like he thought, "now everybody has to wait for me to play...MUHAHAHAHAHA!"

Secondly, if you want to play more often than once every 2 weeks, make your own tourney which you play every week or every day if that makes you happy. Willard has set the rules up and so be it. He also generously allowed Tarzom and I an extended deadline. If you think that was wrong of him then think what would have happend if it was your modem that screwed up. Wouldnt be that fun then, eh?

Lastly, the game was 2 days late....get over it.

/majk
Willard73

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2004 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

We tried to have one-week-rounds last season, but it was unbelieveable the number of forfeits I had to hand out. In the entire tournament, there were more forfeits than there were games played... it was rediculous. But what people have to remember is that everybody has a real life outside of Bloodbowl (I know, sounds scary) and things do come up. So, I held a vote with last season's coaches, and it was the general consensus that giving them more time to play their matches would mean less forfeits. So far, that theory has held true. There have been hardly any forfeits this season, however it does suck for those that are "gung-ho" and would like to play more often. Two week rounds definately slows the season down, and takes the wind out of it's sails. Next season I will more than likely go back to the one week per round rule, in order to keep the excitement in the tourney. Both sides to this arguement have very valid points, but when it comes right down to it... there's no use people gettting upset at each other, or getting frusterated... we're here to have a good time, and it is only a game.

With that said, let's keep it friendly, and get those games rolling!!!
-Willard73
odi

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2004 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I most certainly didn't mean to whine. Sorry if that sounded like it. I'm just happy to play Smile
Willard73

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2004 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Apprentice Tourney coaches,
Sorry about the hold-up on the round 2 game. I don't know how that one slipped past me, but thank you all for bringing it to my attention Wink
-Willard73

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2004 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Team Gaul 0 vs Women From Poor Rural Areas 2

Team Gaul's second round match against the undead had left it with four missing this round 3 game, including two of three players in the team with tackle. And, of course, the third tackler niggled out, leaving no tackle skills - a disaster when playing amazons. The Gallic players seemed to have forgotten to put their armour on, and the druids could not save star catcher Asterix from a serious injury. Despite this, I could have scored once or twice if I hadn't rolled snake eyes on key occasions. I will be glad of having two extra players to face tarzom's ogres in round 4.
skavenboy

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the holdup in Round 2 of the Adeptus challenge round 3? Cmon guys play the game . . .
skavenboy

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

skavenboy wrote:
What is the holdup in Round 2 of the Adeptus challenge round 3? Cmon guys play the game . . .
Whoops meant to just say Round 3 of the Adeptus Challenge . .. .
 Jump to: