16 coaches online • Server time: 01:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2004 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

We're back as last! Yippee!! Smile

The site's been down since righ on the end of Round 2. As a consequence, we'll start Round 3 now, with the new Deadlines now being set at Sunday nights. Round 3 matches are due by the 1st of Feb.

Round 2 matches have seen a lot of forfeiting. Very disappointing... Sad

My match with PLATYPUS was never able to replayed after our upload didn't work, so we're going to keep the result (a 3-2 win to PLATYPUS, with me winning the Casualties) and just suffer the loss of gold and SPPs.

Davosaurus has quit the league, Real Life having turned him away from ready computer access.

Given the sorry state of Division 2, I'm going to immediately promote some of our red hot qualifiers.
Creepers and Knights have been awarded 14 points for each of their forfeit wins, and the new teams have been given 8 points (a draw) for each of the round 1 and 2 matches that they've missed.
Warblade, sorry for filling your Div with superior teams. Good thing you're such a tough cookie! Wink
This should result in some games actually getting played... congrats to all those promoted. Enjoy! Smile

Last edited by Twahn on %b %26, %2004 - %22:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2004 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Further to this, Shadow and DarkViper have gained membership to the Qualifying Pool at the expense of our two 'reserve' teams who have completed their 5 games already.
The Pool bids farewell to the Minor Dieties and the legendary Donut Boys. See you boys again next season! Wink

Anyone else in the Divisions who's like to make a 'reserve' team to enter into the Qualifiers feel free (anyone wanna make a Chaos team?), as we have 5 more spaces that could be filled with new teams...
Same goes for an Oceanian types who stumble upon this message and would like to join our league.

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2004 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Twahn Could i send my Green Warriors (a gobbo team from the SWL juniors to be my Reserves in the Qualifing?)
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2004 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup. They're official and they're SWL. They're in! Wink

poodle-man

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to join an aussie timezoned tourney. Have a mate who would dig it too. Pm me with details, Pleeeeeease.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Could I please move my Stone Hearts (Human) from the open division into the Qualifying Pool
vigil

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

poodle-man: Check the tournament page: Southern Waste League

StoneAge: Just so you realise, if you move a team in they will be unable to qualify. Only TR100 teams can, and even then there are some race restrictions. The other teams are just to give them someone to play against. Smile
StoneAge

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

OK then leave Stone Hearts where they are.

Can you tell me what races are still open so I can enter a TR100 team.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

StoneAge: We need Chaos teams... I don't think there's a single one left...

Poodle-man: I sent you a PM with the link...
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Poodle-man: You got your PM. Join on up! Smile

StoneAge: Yeah, like Vigil said. We don't allow any teams that have played any games outside of the Group.
The Race restrictions are fairly simple (though nobody ever seems to get it), basically it's like Monopoly where you've got to have a house on each street before you can have two on any. We like to have one of each team before we get two of any of them.
Only Official teams are allowed. You'll notice the teams in the league at present break this rule a bit but that just because of quitting teams.
We have no Chaos teams at all so if you like them, they're the preferred option. Basically though, any race that doesn't have 2 or more representatives is good. So that's Amazons, Norse, Rotters, Chaos, and Khemri. I'm also willing to accept any Elves, Halflings and Goblins.

Here's a link to the Group Page: Southern Waste League
Make a team and Apply! Wink
StoneAge

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos it is then

Stones of Chaos entered

They just need to be OKed and moved to SWL
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn,

Is it possible that my Donuts can continue playing ad-infinitum in the QPool because in all honesty I will never be playing them seriously in the divisions...

I note that there are many QPool new guys (and StoneAge and Poodle-man look like expanding that list) who are perhaps struggling to get QPool games...

I would be more than happy to play the Donuts as the "Mercenary Fling Team"... sort of like the Harlem Globetrotters of the QPool...

If I was to scrap the Dragons in Div1, I would make a serious team in the QPool rather than promote the Donuts...
StoneAge

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Michael_Warblade for the game. It was a bit of a learning curve and I can see I need to brush up on tackle zones. at least I escaped with my head in one peace (sort off).

Thanks again

Poodle-man you want a game
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2004 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Clay, sure.

But a precedent is not being set here for anyone else. Only because of the Donut Boys' history, their enthusiasm to play games, the work they've already done in introducing new teams to our league, and the inherent weakness of Halfling teams (which should ensure that they remain at a competative level), are they being allowed to become the Qualifying Pool 'mascots'.

Thanks Clay.

ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2004 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Inherent weakness? Bah!!

The QPool belongs to me!!!!

Bwhahahaha Bwhaahahaha!!!

Strawberry Jam Donuts all round!

Three cheers for Twahn!!
 Jump to: