31 coaches online • Server time: 00:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

adambomb wrote:
No offense to Shraaaag but I would not want to see those as the standard pics. These combined with this looks promising. Personally I like my player pics looking awesome, not goofy-kid-cartoony

You misunderstand me. I've never said I wanted my portraits as standard images, I made them because noone else made amazon portraits, and I wanted filler portraits ;P I'm still waiting for someone to draw some nice amazon portraits I can replace them with (so far I've only seen portraits with googled images, like the ones I use on my own amazon teams).

When I say I prefer fun looking portraits rather than serious looking ones, I was thinking of the portraits made by anisdrin

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I have created a passable Slann lineman, catcher and blitzer, I'm really bad at putting my pics on the template though so feel free to use them anyone I know they aren't great but its better than nothing and can someone try and put them on the template for me please.

Last edited by Garion on %b %21, %2010 - %17:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

ryanfitz wrote:
Knut's Blitzer mocked up on the FFB background with Armor color options. I will add the Thrower and Lineman tomorrow.
I would be thrilled to do the colorings for Knut's work if he/fumbbl likes the results, and doing the color options is easy enough if interested.

If you want the PSD file for the background so you can make easy clipping masks I can provide it to you.

I really like the colouring, but would personally like to see it darker, but not as dark as the quick version I did. I also like the more zoomed in style. There is more detail showing and it would save having to draw the whole player.

Great work!
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I have finished drawing some Slann pictures they have been added to my original post above, but I don't have anywhere to put them in the public gallery. Would it be possible to add all the new races to public gallery so everyone can start posting their pictures in it.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm quite overwhelmed by the response. And thanks to all the colourizers out there they look very promising. Also I think Shraaaags idea of custom colours is excellent, I'd be more than happy for the community to use these pencils in any way they see fit. I will carry on producing pics and see if I can get a few races under my belt... this may take a while Smile. As I get each new batch I'll post on my blog and notify here. All help in this matter is gratefully accepted.
Knut_Rockie

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Some more portraits posted on my blog. If anyone wants to use them please feel free to do so.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=51683
On1

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

ryanfitz wrote:
Knut's Blitzer mocked up on the FFB background with Armor color options. I will add the Thrower and Lineman tomorrow.
I would be thrilled to do the colorings for Knut's work if he/fumbbl likes the results, and doing the color options is easy enough if interested.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Preferences full or half body? (We can ditch the grass in the full if it's too much.)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I like the close-up (half body)

And seriously Knut_Rockie these images are amazing, i like the style Smile
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

This is probably not easy to do and not very important but would be very cool.

Would it be possible to get the number on the shoulder pad to correspond to the players actual number on the Roster?

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Knut_Rockie wrote:
Some more portraits posted on my blog. If anyone wants to use them please feel free to do so.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=51683

Again, awesome work, they are getting better!
Knut_Rockie

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I could draw out the numbers 1-16 separately, make them look vaguely rounded as if on a shoulder pad then you would have the option to cut and paste them on whenever you fancied. However I think that will have to wait at the moment... I think I may have my hands full trying to produce a drawing for every positional plus star player in the LRB! Shocked
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2010 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Knut's humans ready for use in the client with transparency
Image Image Image Image Image Image

How they would look with the client background.
Lerysh

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2010 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Those look great. Are the last 2 supposed to both be linemen or am I missing something? Human teams only have 5 positions.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2010 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

yup, Knut has them listed as lineman1 and lineman2
On1

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2010 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

ryanfitz wrote:
Knut's humans ready for use in the client with transparency

How they would look with the client background.

Amazing result right there! better than i had hoped for actually Razz
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2010 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Those are drop dead gorgeous! And copyright free (provided Knut donates them to the community) \o/

@ryan: no need to cut them off with the parchment background. In fact it looks better if you don't (see WhatBall's icons). Just keep it within the size limit of 95x147. And you do need to add the background as it is now only shown when there is no portrait.
 Jump to: