23 coaches online • Server time: 03:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, thanks.
burgun824

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Garnak wrote:
If you have space, then I would like to join. Just let me know.

I'm in North America, Central Time Zone.

You're in.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm the league enforcer, and this is a NA league. I'm also not a...as nice as burg. I have to bend over sideways to schedule most tourney matches with euros (you try playing a full match of bb on your lunch break with your boss hovering around!), so I'm not exactly going to be 'impartial' when it comes to deciding forfeits between players who can't get their matches in when one of them is across the pond.

Not to name names...(ah what the hell), but Erickan concerns me. He's bbtime PLUS 6. That puts him pretty much on the opposite side of the world from EST, and 15 hours ahead of PST. That's going to be hard, no two ways about it, unless he lives a very odd lifestyle.

It's true that in the Fumbbl tourney scene most games get played. But there's a major penalty if you abuse the tourney system. All we can do here is boot a repeat offender, and that's only after it's potentially screwed the league. I'm all for this final push to expand the league out to 32 teams, but let's be realistic here.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

burgun824 wrote:

Overall I wouldn't worry about it. We play these guys in the NBFL all the time and most of them seem to be able to make it work out. Wink

Except when it doesn't...

My case may be more extreme than others, since I simply cannot play during the day, even on weekends, with very rare exceptions (the summer I am more flexible, but the rest of the year it's simply not happening).

I don't want to be a bug up anyones ass here, I'm speaking only for my own issues, but it does kind of depress me that north american (poor south americans don't get any love...) leagues wind up making my life difficult because of my scheduling limitations. I can play pretty much any night from 10pm-2am eastern. But that's the only time I can play. Normally this is simply not an issue with any other NA based coach. Occasionally this is an issue with european based coaches, and between NBFL and NCBB I wind up not getting in, on average, a match per season because of it.

So be it though. I'm happy to see more thriving leagues and tournaments even if I cannot participate in them. NWL is great in their approach to this issue, but it certainly also must limit their numbers somewhat.

Anyway, carry on, and let me know when/if it makes sense for me to apply. I'll be following you guys regardless.
Laggo

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to play some league ball - especially against some of the coaches here, if you have space I'm definitely interested.

I'm NA EST timezone.
burgun824

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

@Laggo - Welcome. I've got you down.

@Sigmar - We're talking 4 spaces out of 32 (eventually). And it looks like I've got enough NA interest to leave it that way. Lets give them a shot to prove themselves. Honestly, if there are a handful of forfeits in the first go for this group it's not going to bug me that much. The whole point of running this season is to get this 16 on pace with the rest of us. We'll identify if any of the cross pond coaches are going to be a real issue or not and I've got the whole off-season to plug those spaces if needs be. I've got a few formalities to work out anyway. Besides, we could always discuss going to predetermined divisions and sort everyone by timezones if we think that would work.

@licker - now's the perfect time to sign up if you want in. I can get you in later but your team will likely be underdeveloped because we don't allow snot builders. I have a handful of off-season tournaments I run, but the TV cap is going up and will only become more difficult. I seriously doubt you'd end up having to schedule more than 2-3 matches against them. And if you do, Sigmar and I will work with you...me with kind words and Sigmar with his BAN HAMMA and 'Ol Bessy (the chaotic, possessed, maiming, forfeit-stamping chainsaw of death - you'll have to ask him for more details).
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 05:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Tell you what.

I'm in if you need a team. If you find enough otherwise I'll waitlist.

I don't want to create issues with scheduling, I've been down that road before, and I don't want to create issues for other people because of my schedule either.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I will join, I just need to make a team.
JigerJones

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in if you still have room, i'll hold off making a team til I know what i'm allowed to use
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

@monkeyman and Jiger: wait for the draft before making any teams...thus far the NWFL has adhered to a fairly stringent drafting (and team naming!) criteria in order to ensure league balance. The draft may occur later than previously expected as we're trying to fill out the league with American time zone coaches (which includes all you South American players!!).

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well that's 16 right now, but it looks like Sigmar and I need to discuss the situation with the International coaches.

I will do this publicly for the sake of transparency.

@Sigmar - I honestly wasn't expecting to get this kind of turn out from the NA coaches which is why I designated (4) spots for International coaches. I thought I was going to need those to fill out this league. It seems I may have been mistaken, but now that I've told them they can sign up it doesn't seem right to revoke that. You're playing the roll of the bad cop here, what are your thoughts?
Overhead_Smash

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm happy to pull out if you'll have enough NA coaches that you don't need Internationals.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand your worries about EuroSupreme and timezones. I hope you won't cut all euro coaches, as I am fully aware of the NA timezones and willing to play by them. You can ask NBFL and NCBB guys that I am willing to wake up at night to get the games played. Smile

And I want those Gobbos!

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Kyyberi wrote:
I understand your worries about EuroSupreme and timezones. I hope you won't cut all euro coaches, as I am fully aware of the NA timezones and willing to play by them. You can ask NBFL and NCBB guys that I am willing to wake up at night to get the games played. Smile

And I want those Gobbos!

Yep, it's true. Ky is very willing. Wink

I don't think it should be about dropping people who got 'dibs'. The criterion should be about when the league 'expects' the games to be played. As in NWL. Though NWL is a bit more strict on taking people outside of NA time zones.
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sutherlands wrote:
You know what they say... take the top 10% of Missouri and give it to Iowa, and raise the average IQ in both states!

We already took part of Missouri, it was called the Honey War and you lost Razz
 Jump to: