21 coaches online • Server time: 06:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2012 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The changes will all be amassed and done at once to make it easier on Christer and cross-check we are not completely upsetting the balance. I also want to minimize changes and do a second pass if needed versus going crazy with too many changes.

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2012 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, i'll just focus on what i know:

Eshin Adepts.

It's been my favourite team since i started with the stunties.
When i started playing with them, they had 4 daggers and that was just awesome, mostly because they were poisoned Razz but also because it was an easy way to remove the less armoured small guys from the pitch. Many times did i finish games with just big guys to face.
At low TV Eshin are very good, easy to score and if you build up your assassin a bit you got an awesome ball retriever. The team is rather fast, so you can keep the opponent blocked from your end zone most of the time.
At middle TV it starts getting hard. You can still score easily, but sicne the opponent has build up a bit on asskicking, you quickly see yourself reduced to less than half a dozen rats on the pitch and then there is nothing to do. you can still try to be a pain with a well timed blitz, but you're mostly aiming for a draw.
With the change to only 2 Night Runners, and with only STR 1 and AV 6, the opponent can easily remove your key players, Assassin and Night Runners and you're down to liners (2 of them have shadowing, but they are pretty much liners) and that makes it nearly impossible to stay on top of the score.

With only STR 1, the Night Runners are punching bags, everytime they go for a stab... if it fails, it's a sure block.

As for the Assassin, contrary to many teams with G access players, they have 2, Eshin only get 1 Assassin.

When you compare Eshin to Forest Goblins, it's just ridiculous... 4 stabbers (STR 2 and AV 7) vs 2 stabbers (STR 1 and AV 6), Eshin have 1 more move and they don't have stunty, as someone said before, no stunty = no cage breaker, but they do tend to be more resilient. The Stalkers vs the Spiders, again no comments: MV 7, STR 3, AV7 and Tentacles vs MV6, STR2 and AV6. Even with only Ag2 on the spiders and bone head, they are way more powerful than the Stalkers. The liners are exactly the same on the 2 teams. And then the star players, on one side you have +1MV and +1AG for 90k and on the other side you got Hypnotic Gaze and Foul Appearance and +1 AV for 70k. Considering the price, i'd say the rat is slightly worst, but the worst part is that you can have 2 shamans and only 1 assassin.

So how can we fix this?

Concerning the Assassin, he looks really good and it doesn't make sense to add a second one. 1 extra move or an extra skill (Dauntless or Leader).

Stalkers, give them +1MV and access to General Skills Smile

Night Runners, I honestly think the Stikkas are way overpowered, so here either bump the Night Runners stats to match the Stikkas or keep the stats and bump them to 3-4.

A second option would be to just replace the Stalkers and make them "liners" with +1MV and General access, and make it 4 night runners, 7236 Dodge, Shadowing, Stab.

Liners, keep tham as they are OR, bump price by 10k and give them sneaky git.

As for adding a Rat Ogre, that could be funny Razz but i don't see the need for it. Another possible change is to add access to mutations to the entire team... they are skaven after all.
I also thought about adding TTM to one of the positionals, but that would just make the team too strong as they are already very mobile.
Another option is to add a new postional, a bomber. Smoke Screener 6136 Dodge,Stunty,Bombardier access to P and A. Just add 2 of those with 2 night runners and it looks good.

Just some thoughts on the Eshin Adepts.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2012 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=22655&highlight=
bobfeup

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2012 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=22655&highlight=

Thanks.
 Jump to: