62 coaches online • Server time: 19:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2013 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Deaden search Ryder Cove but no interest here. I listen. New brothers aware at home. I lead back to Pox. I bring more brothers up. New toy is ready. Man-things beware.

I lead to Shadowspire. I find. I take. Man-things die.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2013 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

To U'bognthaotur, Lord-Commander of Graveshade, Graveshade:

Commander,

we'll leave Ryder's Cove soon, for now just waiting for Lord Xanic's decision where to. The games here have brought us good money, stadium owners shared remarkably well. I suspect they don't want to get into a clinch with the dead. Returning to Graveshade could be a good idea, but it's not urgent. We just have to make sure we are back here and well prepared for the tournament in three weeks.

All my investigations led me into a impasses. I was able to buy us some informants though, that will hopefully provide me with current information when I return.

We also played another training match against the Grandmasters, as commanded by Lord Xanic. It passed relatively uneventful and ended 0-0. However, we were able to find out that Pennimay has developed remarkable passing skills and the rat-man (we continue calling him by his former name, Lynch) is quite good at hurting easy marks. I'll look further into this.
We were actually close to winning, but the vampires once more showed their true skills only in the most desperate situations. It was quite impressive, though I advice Lord Xanic to have a talk with his players about this. It looked like they were holding back, only really showing effort when the game was at stake (I guess they don't like stakes).
If we returned to Graveshade, the High Lord himself could spectate a match and see for himself.

Next time you hear from me, it will either be in person or from a new location, hopefully with more exiting news as well.

~ Black Wolf, Ryder's Cove

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2013 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Tempted by rumours of a very special kind of blood in pointy-eared containers, I have decided to travel North by boat, to the allegedly beautiful Liúnár. Hoping to bring back something more than the Cove girls and a shameful 2 ties and a loss to please Lord Xanic... we will need it!

-Bothia Xanic, Ryder's cove
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The gentle breeze across Ualun had the smoke and ash from the Volcano blowing in a favourable direction. This left the sky above clear, allowing the sun to stream down warming them from above which combined with the heat from the stone beneath their feet made for a glorious day to be out on the Rock.

The new grid of iron was having the finishing touches completed and the Sauri were in a huddle discussing matters far too important to include the skinks, Goquax had sent them away half an hour ago.

Sour little Adohitza Greenflame was sulking in the endzone at this exclusion, grumbling to himself, but the others weren't bothered. Limundi Eggwatcher was on the halfway line, silently studying the oval ball as it lay on the stone, careful not to touch it before it was time as he shuffled from one side of it to the other.

Hexhui Firerunner couldn't stand still, he had to be running, and he had goaded proud Garadohi Sunsoaker into racing up and down the far sideline. The two were laughing, pushing and shouting as they played, with Hexhui's speed countering Garadohi's propensity to cheat.

A rumble felt as much as heard preceeded the descent of a molten ball of fire, as it arced down and crashed on the grid not far from where Adohitza had been sitting. All stopped as Goquax invoked the blessing of the Fire Lizard, except from mighty Tzagor who lumbered across to bathe in the impact crater before it cooled too much.

It was a good omen.

Join the Human League Premiership!
Mephistodragonbane

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The Necromancers raised their hands as they finished the ritual the whole island seemed to shudder and a molten ball of fire erupted from the Volcano. The dead were rising. The two flesh Golem's sat up on their stone altar's as hands began to poke through the ground in the graveyard. The zombies came to stand before their new masters as the two wight's stepped forwards from behind the Necromancers. Vrogoth stepped down and stood with the Zombies Looking up at Nagath. The Flesh golem's groaned as they stretched and stepped off their altars onto the floor. They looked at Nagath as he spoke:
"You are all that stands between this island and it's total destruction. I will train you all to play the game of Blood Bowl. Not all of you will survive our first few matches whilst we learn to play with our new bodies, but know this! You are all immortal. You will rise from the ground again and again until our task is complete and then we will be free to roam wherever we please." Some of the zombies seemed to acknowledge what he said as the flesh golems looked round for fresh meat. Vrogoth Nodded.

The ground shook again softly. The island had given them it's blessing. It was a good omen.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2013 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

"Arrrrrr... it were a good death." Cap'n Drovo Sandflea is uncharacteristically solemn. "Brandywine always said he wanted to play Blood Bowl the rest of his life... and, heh, here we be. Shattered his skull defendin' these lands against the merchant scum. Aye, an' Billy too, what be left of him. An' we did our own damage. The merchants' filthy cobbler lies dead, an' Rob broke their damned ogre's leg in two places. Th' fight continues."

In the back, two coffins stand, ready to be dumped into the sea. Brandywine's is closed... nobody wants to see the remains of the salty blitzer's head. Billy Belton's casket is open -- fortunately, all the damage to him was below the waist -- and it contains a couple of his most prized possessions: the Chaos axe he carried everywhere, still glowing eerily, and the rib he ripped off a wight in the Half-Masters/Jesters game.

"There is no good death," says The Plank. "I wish I had been there. Damned ogre chop-blocked me out of the game before I could even move. It could have been different... it all could have been different."

"Well, no dwellin' on that, Planky me lad. Tomorrow be another day. Let's find a new crewman -- an' make him a good 'un! We sail next week! It be time to show all the lands what we be capable of!"

Sandflea strides over to the coffins, and with a mighty blow, he knocks them over the rail. Brandywine and Belton sink to the bottom of the harbor, to join their many former crewmates.

ONE-EYE BRANDYWINE
1971-2013
"CALLED BY THE SEA, CLAIMED BY NUFFLE"

BLACK BILLY BELTON
1985-2013
"THERE IS NO DEATH, ONLY CHANGE"

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2013 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Mada lead us to Fire Island!
Mada tell us not eat dead things!
We not eat dead things!
We beat dead things!
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2013 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Goquax settled his bruised body onto the recently formed crust on the rock. It was still hot from the recent flow of lava and served well to sooth his aches and pains from the game.

It was a glorious victory, as Tzatza had foretold, and served to honour the Fire Lizard, as well as remind the Cultists of their place. Goquax had taken a number of hits during the game, and was knocked out in the second half at the hands of Grigeth. The Golem was still on his mind as he stretched to soak in the heat. He still struggled to understand what Grigeth was, as his best assessment was that Grigeth was a stitched together from a number of creatures.

Grigeth's leg's were too wide and short to be Human, and certainly not Skink or Saurus. His arms were mismatched, one black hand on the left attached to a shorter arm than suited his wide torso. Of more concern was the pale white hand on the right, which appeared to be stitched on the end of a strong scaled arm, not unlike Goquax's own. Grigeth's face was the worst, with what looked to be a mask comprised of mismatched leathers sewn directly onto the creature's head. In that face sat cold deepsunk eyes, one black and rounded, one green with a slit pupil that was most certainly that of a Saurus. Had it been recognition that Goquax saw burning in that green eye as the Golem came for him again and again?

Tzatza had told him to have faith, that the Burning Talon would fight the Cultists again, and in time Goquax would come to understand the Golem so that it could be decided if it was a suitable offering. Now it was time to rest, Tzatza said, for there was a cold wet threat upon the Island of Ualun, and the Burning Talon would need it's Master of Sacrifice in the coming days.

Mephistodragonbane

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2013 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

(Your posts are awesome Dune)
The zombie horde shambled in to the shed's where they were kept. Two games back to back had drained even their unholy stamina. No losses and no Injuries. Things were going well. The game against the invading Slann team had bore fresh fruit. A brand new recruit but most disturbingly of all was the grin Dagoth gave the necromancer as he shambled by. It wasn't unfriendly but there was a malign intelligence to it...Nagath's thoughts had been correct. The dead were beginning to awaken. The Necromancer looked over at the Golem's uneasily. What if they awoke? what would they remember? would they be happy with what they have become? would they seek vengeance against him? the Lizardman shrank slightly in fear. This was not a good sign for him. The Volcano however had blessed both their matches though, this was a good omen. The fires of the volcano had stunned even the lizardmen on their first game and consumed a Slann in fire in the second...their apothecary was a piece of work, a complete genius managing to patch him up in time to play again. He must have words he thought as he walked away from the cages.

Nagath sat down outside the cages with Vrogoth. They shared a talk and strategized. Nagath's thoughts were on the Slann team. Never had he been so powerless. Their constant jumping about annoyed him no end and he had lost control ordering a foul on every turn. He grinned at the memory of the Slann they had smashed into the ground, his collar bone shattering. Oh the joy of that sound, how it brought back memories of times long past. Vrogoth was looking at him...he'd asked him a question. "Sorry Vro I was remembering that Slann we injured so grievously back there" Vrogoth gave a wry smile "It was entertaining. But back to my question, where next?" Nagath mused at this question and looked thoughtful. With only 30,000 in their bank they would have to be careful where they went, he so wanted to go after the Dark Elves, but was it too soon he wondered. He looked at Vrogoth and his face darkened as he spoke "Saarth" was all he said Vrogoth nodded. It may be too soon he thought but with their strength they had a chance. They would go, gain experience and hopefully a few skulls (especially for those damn hungry Golems) and return ready and refreshed ready to beat the Lizardmen into the ground.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2013 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

---Newsflash---

Vamps can't stand the heat

Night Terrors 3 - 0 Grandmasters

The Night Terrors decided to stay in Liúnár for a little while longer. And with the arrival of the Graveshade Grandmasters and the Graveshade Jesters it looks like it could be an eventful week.

First up was the Vamps the Grandmasters who were still looking for their first win. The sun was high in the sky and everyone was feeling the heat.

The first half started with the Terrors recieving. They quickly broke down a wing with Captain Luther scoring the first Touchdown of the game, halfway through the half. An early sending off for one of the Vampires snacks was the only other thing of note to happen in this period.

The Grandmasters then set about trying to bring the game level at half time and would have made it if it wasn't for the grasping tentacles of Dr. Goodbody. The drive did see the loss of Reginald who was brutally ripped to shreds by Xaeasar Xanic. Reginald was heard to say 'finally' with his lopsided smile fixed in place as he breathed his last breath.

The second half saw the Vampires start to really feel the heat as three of their players refused to take to the pitch. The heat was starting to affect their game play as well as they couldn't get hold of the ball. The Terrors took advantage of their numbers and managed to swarm the Grandmasters. Luther managed to steal in and grab the ball scoring a second Touchdown.

The rest of the half continued the same way. Two Vamps refused to get back onto the pitch and some thralls were sitting out the rest of game after being drained too much by their thirsty masters. They continued to fail pick ups, dodges and blocks as the hulking Lars Janus managed to get the baal and run it for his first Touchdown and the Night Terrors third.

Councilman Frederick Rotbottom had this to say
"Dang it's hot, but what a perfect day to play Vampires.
The lads handled the heat well and Luther is proving himself to be as formidable a player now as he was in his youth."

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2013 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Excerpt from Kruger letter to the Council
We are back in Ryder's Cove. As you expect from us, we started again cleaning the alleys from those filthy half-man smugglers. We killed two of them, but they keep coming from every hole. We lost another member, Jawarick, after Rirni: the treeman are really dangerous and we need the ogre to provide more punch. Anyway, we will stay here for a while, to make sure the pirates will not easily raise after our blows and to recruit some more guys to help us.
Waiting for you commands,
K.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2013 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Mada make fire burn scaly ones!
Scaly ones hurt us back!
We score early!
We not stop score late!

Mada lead us to Fire Island!
We play well on Island!
But Mada must Feed!
We must Feed!
Calthor

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2013 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

For Sale

An ancient helmet has been found in woodlands between Borosia and Graveshade. What happened to it in all these years, and what its story is, is still unsure, but it looks to be many decades old, although the merchant selling it is claiming it still looks to be 'in prime condition, and could easily ward off any blow'.

The helmet, decorated with bronze and onyx, was clearly worn both for pride and glory as well as for anything else.

To be sold to the highest bidder, minimum of 10K. (Please post any bids in the other thread.) Helmet can be used as part of armour for a Blood Bowl player, or used as a 'trophy' of sorts. Helmet has no in-match benefit.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2013 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

To U'bognthaotur, Lord-Commander of Graveshade, Graveshade:

Commander,

we have arrived in Liúnár, and it's indeed a place of awe. Pure, white, light... However, not all is at ease here. I have already started researches and almost immediately have been offered a meeting with a potential informant. This might be a first start.

We have also played a game against the Night Terrors, a second team from old Pockara, now called "Pox". Unlike the rat-men, these seem to have been normal humans once. However, they have been highly altered by the plaque that devastates the place. This team is indeed a horrible sight. I have seen all kinds of changes that happened to living beings on their way to undeath and further on... but these creatures are just grotesque. I think my advice not to travel to Pockara was a sound one. I can't imagine what to achieve there, although we should go there at some point. Way down the road.

The fought hard and some of their player show remarkable strength. We were able to win the quarrel nonetheless, scoring with some grace during the first half. Some mistakes in the second half let them equalize early in the second half, but again we were able to out-block and out-maneuver them. It has been a interesting experience to meet a team wit about equal speed. It was much more of a battle than our earlier games. I'm glad to report we won.

More skeletons are crumbling, I really think we should replace them soon. So far we were not able to raise more players on the pitch and this city doesn't seem like the place were one gets access to remnants of the deceased easily. After all, these elves claim to be immortal.
However, the players were doing well. The game has shown how worthwhile it is it to have reserves, even if those are handicapped. I'll think of more ways to use them, just in case we don't get back to Graveshade or find reinforcements elsewhere soon.

I am looking forward to the next match, as I'm under the impression that a couple of players are rapidly improving.

Stay tuned for more reports soon.

~ Black Wolf, Liúnár

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2013 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The Sauri were in conclave, inducting a new Defender of Ashes. The battle on the Rock had very nearly been a disaster, which had angered the Fire Lizard after poor ball handling saw the Burning Talon down 1-0 with the ball loose. A molten fury rained down, striking Tzatza and Gormundi, and Goguax had Tzatza saved, but sent Gormundi's body to the Heart of the Mountain. They would be days before they could meet with the merchant, leaving the skinks to attend to negotiations.

"What is it?" asked Hexhui, jostling to see past the others as they examined the item.

"It's my new helm, you're not allowed to touch it." claimed Garadohi, puffing out his little chest.

Hexhui darted around the side to get a better look. "You're fibbing. It's the wrong shape for a helm. It wouldn't fit, would it?"

"It's a human helm, dimwit. And no, not much use to us," stated Adohitza, talking down to the others as he always did.

"We could use it as an egg holder" pointed out Limundi, "I think we should bid on it. How much money do we have?"

"None, and you're not using my helm as an egg holder." Garadohi continued to gaze at helm. "Maybe we could trade him it for a Kroxigor egg?"

Both Hexhui and Limundi gasped at the suggestion, but Adohitza's eyes narrowed as a cunning plan came to mind.

"It'd have to be one of the old ones that never hatched," Adohitza explained. "One due to be tossed into the Heart of the Mountain."

The other skinks were quiet as they slowly warmed to the idea.

"And if he doesn't like it," continued Adohitza, "We'll wait until Goquax is done with the conclave, and then toss the merchant into the Heart, taking the helm anyway."

Jump to: