21 coaches online • Server time: 02:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

oh hell no could i do it. I don't even feel confident going into box with my comfort team in Orcs. Box is scurry. Plus the meta atm does not appeal to me.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do you expect a stunty team to survive? Pixel hug much?

Picking stupid games in R is all fun and stuff, and I do it like a freaking champ, but frankly it's not a real test of anything other than how patient you are.

If you want to build a team for a tourny that's one thing. But if you want to learn how to play a team in a tourny... well you better take on all comers to the degree that you are interested in actually playing the team.

I don't play in tournies so I don't really care about that, but I do like to make R/B teams for races I play in L just to get practice with them against different types of styles.

So if you want to play underworld, just play them. If you can't stand how they go splat, don't play them. But don't make them into something they are not.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

well i've made up a team on cyanides bb i'm playing on hard and i'm doing ok. suffered my fair share of injuries. currently only played 7 games and have had 3 serious injuries so far. But lose plenty of gobbos every match for the greater good. So i'm getting used to how they play. Sure it's not the same as playing against another human but it's what i feel comfortable doing for now and am having fun with it.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

well i've made up a team on cyanides bb i'm playing on hard and i'm doing ok. suffered my fair share of injuries. currently only played 7 games and have had 3 serious injuries so far. But lose plenty of gobbos every match for the greater good. So i'm getting used to how they play. Sure it's not the same as playing against another human but it's what i feel comfortable doing for now and am having fun with it.

Like just suffered a niggle on my +str thrower. Sp gunna be fun to see how he lasts now Razz Got surfed off the pitch by a frenzy pro elf blitzer Sad
DrPoods

Post   Posted: May 01, 2014 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

A spot of "threadomancy" here.

Was suggested to me in another thread to play a team that can squish easily (to kill off any remaining pixel huggy tendencies) and/or a team that MUST takes risks to win in order to gain a better appreciation for when to do it. I am considering UW in the Box in order to fulfill as many criteria as possible.

I say the Box because it would be too easy to "pick like a boss" in R using this kind of team and I also want to be able to keep it seperate from my R stuff that I am trying to do.

Thoughts?

Post   Posted: May 01, 2014 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I find UW VERY conservative, gameplay wise. You have six players to do whatever you do with your average ST3 players, and 4 gobos to parade on the loss, screen, assist bocks, and foul. Eventually, one of them can start doing fancy things after a few skills (+AG or Two Heads, Big Hand, Strip Ball, etc), but that's it. I don't take one third of the risks I take with flings for instance.

But it probably depends on your play style and what you mean by taking risks.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2014 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting. Well, it is just a thought. Not jumping in...

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

noobie2k7 wrote:
Looked through a bunch of pages all over FUMBBL forums and couldn't find a good guide to playing Underworld. I'm looking to start up an underworld team as they intruige me. But i'm not sure why i should play Underworld over just playing Skaven, but Mutating Goblins just seem like too much fun.

So if anyone here can either give some good advice like a decent starting roster, tactical advice, how best to skill up positionals etc. Or point me to a decent comprehensive guide i might have missed then that would be awesome.

I'll likely create a team on the cyanide game to get used to them before i make one on here and play against other players first though. Nothing puts me off a team faster than playing super badly and losing hard over and over cause i don't know how to use a team properly.

So please help out a guy who wants to play some Underworld Very Happy

You seem to understand how potentially frustrating an underworld team can be at the start.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Blitzers should become killers: Underworld Blitzers are the only block equipped player which has normal access to Claw, Mighty Blow, and Piling On. You can make your killers much sooner than other teams (or don't take a risky chance skipping block). You need killers to keep the team value even.

2. With Big hands, a goblin can get just about any ball, anywhere on the field: With a combo of Big Hands, Two Heads, and Extra arms (or agility increase instead of those last two abilities), a goblin can basically get a ball from anywhere on the field.

3. A goblin with a double skill or two makes no cage safe: A wrestle equipped goblin (with two heads and horns) can easily dodge into a cage and sack the ball.

4. Unskilled goblins are expendable: Goblins should not be viewed as particularly valuable players. Use them as marking fodder, one turn attempts, or foulers. They are going to trip and gouge their eyes, get eaten by the troll, or turned into a pile of blood by a dwarf.

5. Your troll is invaluable tool, but be careful of when you do anything with it: The Warpstone troll is possibly the best valued big guy in the game. Strong, extremely durable, has mutation access, can throw goblins on to get a score on occasion, has normal mutation access, and doesn't require a blitz to move every turn (unlike Chaos' Mino). He also becomes a great marker, a combo of stand firm, guard, Tentacles, and Prehensile tail (plus claw for an additional blocking threat) is a really annoying combo to deal with. However, it is often better for your troll to occupy his current position, rather than lose tackle zones.
 Jump to: