20 coaches online • Server time: 03:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

BB Pad - you have the ability to replace his team with a new team for the tourney. So go out and recruit someone you know (and trust).

Also, I have a list on my home page of coaches that have dropped out of leagues for any number of reasons (some are valid). If you or Sk8 can add to this please send me a PM. Ideally it would be nice to have all the league commisioners send me a list so we could have a nice comprehensive collection. It would cause these lamos to think twice if it meant getting on some kind of black list.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well this being the first time to even try a tourney since I joined fumbbl and gfiven the fact that my team was left in no shapew at all for the rest of the tourney I really did not feal like wasting my time and effort setting up games that I would both stand no chance at and just sit there and take a beating.

You can blame my coaching skills all you want but watch the replay and see my opponent make 2 dodges, 3 1dblocks, 1 red 2d blocK (double pows) and then push my ag4 skink OOB killing him.

Mean while I move all my players and fail to pick up a ball with 2+ and using a RR.

No worry about blacklisting me because I wont be joining another tourney. Thought I would give it a try and find I really don't like it. I have enough hassle in life planning stuff at work and home. Really dont want to add to that, especially if the 1st game makes the team worthless the rest of the tourney.

Oh and to those that sent the "nice" PM's to me. F**K OFF
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Committment - "an agreement or pledge to do something in the future."

Fact - 50% of all teams in a league have a losing record. Deal with it and then when the season is over move on.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Rickb wrote:

Well this being the first time to even try a tourney since I joined fumbbl and gfiven the fact that my team was left in no shapew at all for the rest of the tourney I really did not feal like wasting my time and effort setting up games that I would both stand no chance at and just sit there and take a beating.

You still had 11 fit players and 60K to buy another skink. Why did you think your team is not competible any more? It might not be much fun as if the skink survived and you had won the game. But it is not that much of a challenge to play the next game with that team. Coming back with a beaten up team is more satisying than easy wins with an overpowered team.

The thing is you are ruining the tournament for 5 other players in your group. Think about that before whining about your dead skink.
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

And besides, from his "friendly" message, you can tell he is a really great sport... Invite him to the next one!

[/sarcasm]

Z
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2004 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

/me pokes Evil Intentions and The Zealots into playing so he can get his ass kicked later.

Z
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2004 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You think Tournament as if it was Ranked. It's a ligue. You fight to have the best classement possible (e.g. getting 3rd if you was 4th). I think that you're main goal was hightening you're CR and since it was obvious you can't you dropped.

People in tournament are here for other reason. Build up rivaltie (I will sometime take revenge on Russen) meet friendly people you know to learn and compete a harder way than in ranked (you cannot avoid games and sometimes you need a recovery but get a basher team in you're way).

Go back in R, cherrypick some newbees and may you be among top 100/20/10/3 as you want.
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2004 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Zharr-Naggrund Zealots 2 - 3 Evil Intentions
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=519653

You'd think a niggling Mummy might be enough of an advantage to give us the game, but SerXes made good use of the Mummy he did have and his speedy Ghouls (not to mention a blitz followed by an interception when I tried to clear the ball that put him up by two in the first half) to always stay at least one point ahead of us.

It was an exciting game at any rate, we had two very nice two turn touchdowns (I think the second was a two-turner, it was fast by dorf standards anyhow) thanks to the wonders of Break Tackle (a beautiful thing) and had a chance to tie things up when Serxes used his re-roll early in the turn and then bobbled the ball, but unfortunately you can only spend one re-roll a turn and my bull centaur tripped dodging and then bobbled the ball himself.

Thanks for a good game Serxes and congratulations on making the finals. Have fun beating up the Norse!

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2004 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey BB won't you replace rick's team ?
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Hey BB won't you replace rick's team ?

I need to replace Hellraiser's team too as he's quit Rolling Eyes . I've submitted a news article to get some new teams in and hopefully we'll be full up again by tomorrow.

I'll catch up with Round Summaries later this week - been a bit busy at work recently but should be able to get back to the important things soon Wink
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hear ye, Hear ye.

The UMT 1 Final Match shall be held today, October the 11th, at 7PM BBTime. This is to be the final match of UMT1, which decides the person who shall take them all. Come watch the Shiv Sena Party try to keep up with the Evil Intentions! A good match is to be seen!

Z
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

It is time! It is beginning. Proxy is UMT 1 FINAL

Come and watch!

Z
SerXes

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Evil Intentions 3 - 0 Shiv Sena Party

The outnumbered Shiv Sena party put up a really good fight in the first half.
An early blitz in the 2nd half with a lucky kick gave Evil Intentions the edge and the rest of that half the undeads ruled the pitch. The norse ogre stood silent most of the second half with his thoughts somewhere else.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=520687

Big thx to all the great opponents ive met during this season.
Looking forward to beating u all next season.
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2004 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to the Evil Intentions... the better team/coach won the game. Looking forward to our rematch in the Super.

Z
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2004 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

UMT 2 - Round 1 Summary

Div A
Only 1 team took full points this round as Da_Todfatha's Waaagh Pain State overcame LurkingGrue's Nunsense by 2-0. Not a good week for LurkingGrue as his human team's armour failed miserably and out of three casualties all resulted in fatalities! The Nunsense coach certainly has his work cut out now, but with his experience you can never count his team out. Elsewhere, AloneAndBurned's elf team T.o.I.L.E.T came through unscathed against their tough encounter with patton_71's dwarven Hammers Slammers. Both teams had their apothecaries working hard and both will probably be happy they have no major losses as they settled for a share of the points with a 1-1 draw. Finally, the fast & powerful running plays of cyric612's lizardmen, Kermit's Killers were cancelled out by the pinpoint passing & agility of Mully's aristocratic elves, Pointy Eared MO FOs. cyric612 will probably be more disappointed with the result after dominating, but Mully will be rueing the loss of emerging star Lion Warrior, Righteous Rapalot. With a meagre share of the gate receipts to boot, the High Elf coach will have to summon all his Blood Bowl knowledge to get a result in the next game with only 10 men.

Div B
Two teams lead the way in this division after round 1. Ug's Green Bay Packers sent Rickb's Iksars Revenge back to the Lustrian swamps with their scaly tails between their legs after a 2-0 win. Iksars conceded the game after one of their fragile skinks, Adbeast was killed by a block from human blitzer, Nick Barnett and no revenge is on the cards as the Lizardmen hung up their boots for early retirement, slinking back to their homes in shame. After a season of struggle and 5 consecutive defeats, Sk8bcn's Axes of Terror roared to victory with a 2-0 win over spelledaren's brave goblins, Eat Foot! A bit of a mismatch here, but spelledaren's team fought well and were it not for the anti-goblin referee, they may have made life much more difficult for Sk8bcn's chaos dwarves. Finally, neither cthol's Westfalen Rangers nor Sammysamsam's Cheshire Cats were able to find a working team bus to get them to the stadium and their game was declared void. Hopefully they will have better luck next round.

Div C
Two of the teams in Div C look to be ones to watch in this year's UMT as Wotfudboy's Headstone Raiders thrashed Hellraiser's feeble German Thunder by 5-0! It was rumoured that the undead Raiders dominated so completely that Hellraiser fell into a such a depression that he had to be carted off to the nearest asylum for electrotherapy. The UMT will see no more of German Thunder, but hopefully a team will some backbone will be able to replace them. The other team to watch are Gary_gygax's A.S Roma True Elves. The UMT playoff quarter-finalists started very well with a 3-1 win over Tricktickler's Blood, although the orcs took some consolation when experienced elf lineman Franco Tancredi was butchered by veteran troll, Horror. In a postmatch interview, Horror said "I fink we lost but ders wun les poncy fing in da world an dat cant be bad!". In the third game, phal_carbo's Cavalos Selvagens and DukeTyrion's Specularum Knights played out a 1-1 draw that sees both teams keep in touch with the top two. phal_carbo's amazons probably had the better of the game and their fans were disappointed not to get the win.

Div D
Div D was the only division to see 3 wins in this round. Firstly, nukeall's Astronautes shook off the disappointed of narrowly missing out on the play-offs last season by beating Mithrilpoint's Total Viking Power! by 2-1. Mithrilpoint's underrated but more numerous Norse fought very well but took some serious damage in return. Both teams will need to fight even harder in their next games as both are now understrength and neither have easy games to look forward to. The 2nd game saw another team looking to shake off playoff misery, as Dementor's Zooropa took on Webbe's Dynamo Lund in a very close match. Dementor's khemri team had the edge after Webbe's undead team failed to regenerate and Zooropa powered on to a 2-1 win. Some consolation for Webbe is that his team face a much easier task next round when they face the tournament's weaklings, BB_Pad's Tuck Shoppe Raiders, although the halfling team came through their game against Diamond5119's Nuit de L'Epouvante without a fatality despite losing 1-0 and will be up for their game against the undead. After a difficult 1st season in the UMT, Diamond5119 will be pleased that his Nurgle team have got off to a winning start, but may have some concerns about their inability to inflict real damage following only 2 casualties against BB_Pad's halflings. Their next game is against Mithrilpoint's weakened Norse and they'll be looking to make the most of their numerical advantage to secure their place at the top.
 Jump to: