37 coaches online • Server time: 10:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are the lizzies at an disadvantage due to the ST-rating?
Yes, they are rated higher than their actual strenght.
38%
 38%  [ 63 ]
No, they are rated at they actual strenght.
20%
 20%  [ 33 ]
No, they are rated lower than their actual strenght.
6%
 6%  [ 10 ]
Only nerds or noobs care about team-strenght.
34%
 34%  [ 57 ]
Other. (Please state below)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 165

BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Er.. sure.. maybe...

Anyone have a list with the starting maximised TS rosters for all the races? (From flings 100/77 to Lizzies/dwarfs? 100/116)

Such a list might make comparisons a little easier.

Oh yeah.. lizzies are a strong team... and deserve their TS... until about turn 7-8 in the first half when they have 7 players Smile
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Uhm... Just from adding up some strenght, I get at least TS 118.
But AFAIK I can create a rookie TS133-Lizzie-Team.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

In the meantime, I start believing, that I will get games with dwarves easier than with lizzies...
origami

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I initially voted that lizards are over-rated, but after playing against CircularLogics lizzies, I've changed my mind. In the hands of an inexperienced coach, they are tough to play. However, when played by a coach who knows what he is doing, they perform extremely well.
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
In the hands of an inexperienced coach, they are tough to play. However, when played by a coach who knows what he is doing, they perform extremely well.

As all teams. Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
So I really like the competitive atmosphere of the open-league, but you tell me, that I have only the choice to either play games where I am at the disadvantage or to stop playing open?
The whole problem would be solved, if there was a 3rd condition for the +2 ST-addition. Just make it MA>5 AND ST>3 AND AG>1.
This would affect only the lizzies (with exception of the -AG bull or the -AG+MA+MA-BoB), and would bring them on par with the other teams of the same TS.

Excellent suggestion, I don't theres any reason to not implement it.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:
Quote:
In the hands of an inexperienced coach, they are tough to play. However, when played by a coach who knows what he is doing, they perform extremely well.

As all teams. Wink

aye all teams get better with a good coach ofcourse, but i would still say that Lizards, ogres and vampires needs a good coach more then most other teams, i havent played Ogres my self but i find them quite easy to beat just like vampires and lizards unless ofcourse they have a really good coach
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I just want to point out, that ogres and vamps are MEANT to be for more experienced coachs and rather underpowered in terms of being able to win games.

Lizzies are among the normal teams and meant to be on par with the other races - which they are when looking at the TR, but not when looking at the TS (which is the more important figure on fumbbl).
 Jump to: