52 coaches online • Server time: 17:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Official League Update</b>

OK, the deadline has passed...

Firstly congrats to the Conferences... games going nicely Smile

Secondly, the <b>Dragons vs Carlton</b> match has been delayed 24 hrs due to RL issues with Commish Twahn...

Thirdly, the <b>Brouhaha vs Dead Bores</b> Regional C Match has also been granted a 24hr extension thanks to emails from the coaches...

Fourthly, the rest of the Regionals are in a shambles.

Non responsive coaches have been shifted to the QPool...

Which means congrats to <b>annachie, DM and Rolfus</b> who have been promoted into the Regionals.

<b>DaemonicLazoth</b> is next in line, and there are a few coaches in line for axing if there isnt a change next week.

Also, thanks for the feedback above. As neverborn says, suggestions are always welcome, but the QPool is unstructured as we have some coaches who like it that way...

Game on guys... especially you regionals!
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

i do think its important to be sacking unresponsive coaches, and im glad thi sstep has been taken
buzzrocks

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

oops seems like i missed the boat by a few hours ... ah well i didnt really want to rape a newbie amazon team with my CD's anyway Smile
Tank

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Admin's, due to computer problems, i have been unable to complete my round 3 match. I have contacted my opponent to schedule the game for Wednesday or Thursday, if you would be so kind as to allow me an extension of time to do this it would be much appreciated.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Done Jaguar!

Would REALLY prefer Wednesday!

And use the swladmin@hotmail.com if you have site access issues...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>LEAGUE UPDATE</b>

<b>Mijjy and DaemonicLazoth</b> have been added to Region B

At the time of writing (10pm Monday) there were 4 games playing / being played...

At the end of tonight, the only game outstanding is the Region C game for Jaguar and Kozzi until Wednesday.

Region C may have a slight extension as a result, but can you guys still do your utmost to play by Monday night.
Coach_McGinty

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2004 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool Hi everyone it's been awhile since I've played looks like your still going strong aside from a few hiccups. Just thought I'd stop in and say hi and good BBing. Razz

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2004 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks Coach_McGinty, maybe some of us'll see you at MOAB?

I could play you first, again? Wink
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2004 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Has The SWL got a logo? If we don't i think we should have. Anybody who has a idea, or concept, let me know

Brad
Snorri

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2004 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I just had a quick gander over the swiss rules again after seeing some of the matchups that were occuring. Apparently it tries to match you up with someone that fills the criteria

1) Is close to you on the points table.
2) Hasn't played you yet.

Good thing is that hopefully you play people close to you more often than not - however that policy is noticably fraying with the matchups now towards the end of the season as the teams run short of opponents they haven't played. However its worth entertaining the thought of a large'ish swiss group which play only a few rounds. ie. something like 2 regions in the swl (instead of 3), 15 in each. 7 rounds played for a season. This would help drive the better teams against each other in the way I think its intended without running them short of suitable opponents.

Even though it hasn't worked really well this season I still think its a good idea for the lower regions to be perverse enough to persevere with!

Random thinking is tiring after a long day Smile

Cheers Big Ears,
Snorri.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Snorri</b> - Some nice ideas... I run another Swiss format league (Cut Throat) and it has some interesting match ups... 18 teams, 8 rounds... What it also does is forfeited matches dont count as "played" hence some of the forfeiters may be rematched up later...

Also, I have no idea with the replacement teams and how they slot in...

To be honest, the Regionals are a bit of a lottery Razz

We will always keep Premier and now the two Conference leagues... I think they work well. The Regional will however always be dependent on how many coaches we have etc etc... The other issue is drop outs and how they are handled... We will revisit it come Season 7... perhaps just one big Swiss league of 7 rounds!? Who knows...

But thanks for the valid points! Smile

<b>Miyuso</b> - Excellent idea! Who is a graphics guru? Step right up!
Snorri

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Im no graphics guru, but I can mess with some of the basic gimp tools a little bit Smile

How's this look Miyuso?

SWL Logo (jpg)

SWL Logo (png)
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome!

Now we need Twahn to put it on the Group Page...
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe we could have a comp to see who could design the best logo for SWL? that way the more artistically minded people could of a go

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

If we did go one massive swiss, I reckon we'd have to make it a firm cuttof date for games played, as any extensions given would potentially delay a large number of people.

And the Swiss thing is the suck!

The Daemons should have played the humies then the Skaven, then we would won the lot! grumble...mumble..etc