53 coaches online • Server time: 22:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Well. Ouch. Frequently getting a FF decrease even when winning hurts. "I'll roll double skulls now, Gnome Matter what (#5)" was launched for a successful TD by the "Reverse Engineered Japanese Toy Cannon" however so +5 TTM TD.

-Mnemon
albator2001

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Incredible match !

5 TTM TD !

Lyly made a TTM TD in 7th turn of 1st halftime.
The ogre Exterminator threw him.

Lyly made 3 TTM TD in turns 1,2 and 3 of 2nd halftime.

Kabukiman made a TTM TD in 4th turn of 2nd halftime.

Add please 25 points to my team !

Here is the match:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=577224
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I sadly can vouch for all 5...

*sniff*
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2004 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=578040

15 more points to Troops Of Doom please.

TTM TD at Turn1 of the 2nd half
Scorer: #3 Sgt. Slaughter
Thrower: #2 General Hawk

TTM Death at Turn2 of the 2nd half
Crashed: #7 Captain sk8bcn (apod)

TTM Death at Turn7 of the 2nd half
Crashed: #8 Captain Balrog

Last edited by Captain1821 on %b %05, %2004 - %04:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Thierry

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2004 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

First time i score 5 tds in a game with my fairies & one off them being a TTM TD realised by my new Nervous steeling treeman.

Oakie Doakie for a game #14 throws Bro' Georg #4 on Turn 8 first half who picks up the ball & scores after gfi.

Ain't it be possible to get a special reward for that?

Thierry
borderline

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

In this game Clod and Cursy both were thrown by Mountain for TTM TDs.
10 extra points for the Rage! Smile
albator2001

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

borderline wrote:
In this game Clod and Cursy both were thrown by Mountain for TTM TDs.
10 extra points for the Rage! Smile

I confirm that !
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=578789

5 more points to Troops Of Doom please.

TTM Death at Turn6 of the 1rst half
Eaten: #7 Captain sk8bcn
Eater: #1 General Black
Thierry

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=578349

First TTM TD for my team.

Oakie doakey for a game #14 threw Bro' Georg for a TTM TD on turn 8 first half.

Thierry
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnome Cannon People Launcher managed to cough up gnome Frequent Flyer a good distance, which propelled the gnome to score with the ball. [+5]

People Launcher tried again later, but was 1 square too short to complete the DDD... the fans were disappointed as the gnome was tackled at the endzone by 3 brownies, who then stole the ball....

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=582917

Z
albator2001

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyly made 2 TTM TD in turns 5 and 7 of 2nd halftime.

Here is the match:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=583058

Add please 10 points to my team.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

albator2001 wrote:
Lyly made 2 TTM TD in turns 5 and 7 of 2nd halftime.

Here is the match:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=583058

Add please 10 points to my team.

After being pestered for oooh about 2 weeks I finally agreed to play this game.

So I turn up and get my 5 handicaps and start to play, with the usual stunty mayhem from my side.

Pumpwagon dies first turn giving me a giggle, sporeflingers go bonkers ko'ing loads of stinking overskilled gobbos.

but invariably the vastly superior TS comes into play and I find too many of my poor stunties off the field to have any chance of a game.

Albator then builds a cage round the ball carryer and tries quick, 2 square passes with the troll right by the endzone to claim his 5 points.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first recieving turn, I go for broke in proper stunty style and lob my ball carrying sporeflinger straight away to try and get a proper TTM but the poor stunty crashes to the ground.

With not enough time left on the clock for Albator to score we go into the second half

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So second half and I'm still (kind of) in the stunty mood and with the help of Doh! the troll I manage to TTM my way to equalise!!! (crowd cheers)

The rest of the half is the sameold, sameold with my team being ground into the dirt and the usual quick passes by the endzone when I'm already beaten followed by "thats 5pts!" (snore)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shouldn't the spirit of this tournament be that silly plays are rewarded, rather than just getting additional points becuase you've spent ages trying to play down and have managed to beat your oponent into submission with your massive grandfathered team and decide to try to claim extra credit by exploiting what could have been a fun rule?

In addition it might be wise to implament some kind of strength cap to avoid ludicrous 78TS difference ( Shocked ) games, since the stunty leeg carnage then becomes ever so slightly one sided. I don't even bother to check Stunty Leeg rosters because I've always operated under the assumption that no one would even seriously suggest a 'game' that uneven in a league and a tournament that are supposed to be harmless fun.

I've heard people's reasons why they avoid the stunty cup at all costs and now I know. The stupid thing is that I'd already been told in an earlier thread that this might happen, well I suppose it was my own fault then.

Image Image Image Image Image

Oh well at least I had the Busko vs Dread game to spec...

I look forward to a continuation of the fun opponents that I'd had up untill this point.

Last edited by Glomp on %b %09, %2004 - %01:%Dec; edited 13 times in total
albator2001

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2004 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the example of a bad loser !

Nothing else to say.

Stunty Cup has nothing to do here.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2004 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:

After being pestered for oooh about 2 weeks I finally agreed to play this game.

I tried to make it clear, that this tournament was about light-hearted fun. No pestering should be used or needed. You are supposed to play opponents that you think would be fun.

Quote:

but invariably the vastly superior TS comes into play and I find too many of my poor stunties off the field to have any chance of a game.

Looks like you made a mistake in agreeing to this match. If you were harassed into playing this match. You should have refused the match and contacted me. If you weren't harassed into playing the match, live and learn.

Quote:

Albator then builds a cage round the ball carryer and tries quick, 2 square passes with the troll right by the endzone to claim his 5 points.

Shouldn't the spirit of this tournament be that silly plays are rewarded, rather than just getting additional points becuase you've spent ages trying to play down and have managed to beat your oponent into submission with your massive grandfathered team and decide to try to claim extra credit by exploiting what could have been a fun rule?

Technically no rule was broken, but it is obviously in violation of the spirit of the tournament. As I said repeatedly in the FAQ, "If you want a serious ultra-competitive tournament this is probably not the best place for you. "

Quote:

In addition it might be wise to implament some kind of strength cap to avoid ludicrous 78TS difference ( Shocked ) games, since the stunty leeg carnage then becomes ever so slightly one sided. I don't even bother to check Stunty Leeg rosters because I've always operated under the assumption that no one would even seriously suggest a 'game' that uneven in a league and a tournament that are supposed to be harmless fun.

Replace "harmless" with "light-hearted" and your last sentence works. I'd like to think that most coaches would read "If you want a serious ultra-competitive tournament this is probably not the best place for you. ", and pick & play their matches in a manner so coaches can have light-hearted fun. The idea was to allow as many coaches as possible to participate in a fun light-hearted event. A TS cap would make this mass participation more difficult, instead coaches are permitted to use their discretion in choosing teams. They are well within their right to avoid high TS teams or teams/coaches who violate the spirit of the tournament.

Quote:
I've heard people's reasons why they avoid the stunty cup at all costs and now I know. The stupid thing is that I'd already been told in an earlier thread that this might happen, well I suppose it was my own fault then.

This tournament was explicitly designed not to resemble the Stunty Cup. I find it very unfortunate that you compare the two. It was supposed to be a fun light-hearted mass participation event. I have already thought of several changes for the next one and I will be starting a new thread to discuss them at the end of the Tour.

Good luck and lots of mayhem in the rest of your T.N.T. games.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
FUMBBL SMACK

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2004 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Devilishly Daring Displays (TTM Scores)
Week I
    Kiki thrown by Reanimator (albator2001's Les Nabots)
    Lemon thrown by Bot (Legbreaker's Tasty Sissies)
    Melon thrown by a Treeman (Legbreaker's Tasty Sissies)
    Chocolate II thrown by Und (Legbreaker's Tasty Sissies)
    Pope II launched by Milton (Groo's Little Little Literati)
    Bela thrown by Butyok (Pit's Honour from the Deep)
    Private Rot thrown by General Black (Captain 1821's Troops of Doom)
    gilgamesh thrown by Fratello piccino (tomma's Banda Rumba)
    "I'll just throw this thing now, Gnome Matter what" launched by Shooting Stars 9000 (tm) (Mnemon's Gnome Matter)
    Sgt. Chaos was thrown by General Black (Captain 1821's Troops of Doom)
    Private Duke was thrown by General Hawk (Captain 1821's Troops of Doom)
    "I'll not wear my glasses now, Gnome Matter what (#3)" was launched by Reverse Engineered Japanese Toy Cannon (Mnemon's Gnome Matter)
    Story goes on thrown by Strider (Arcon's Shire gone wild)

Week II
    Reverse Engineered Japanese Toy Cannon launched "I'll not come near
    that cannon now, Gnome Matter what (#4)" (Mnemon's Gnome Matter)
    Reverse Engineered Japanese Toy Cannon launched "I'll fail this dodge now, Gnome Matter what (#3)"
    Doom Diver Catapult launched reGenerator (Odi's Peikko And His Dark Past)
    Doom Diver Catapult launched reGenerator (Odi's Peikko And His Dark Past)
    Exterminator threw Lyly (albator2001's Les Nabots)
    Shooting Stars TM 9000 launched "I'll not land on my feet now, Gnome Matter what" (Mnemon's Gnome Matter)
    Strider threw "Oh that flower" (Arcon's Shire gone wild)
    Reverse Engineered Toy Cannon launched "I'll not land on my feet now, Gnome Matter what (#4)" (Mnemon's Gnome Matter)
    Reverse Engineered Toy Cannon launched "I'll not land on my feet now, Gnome Matter what (#4)" (Mnemon's Gnome Matter)
    Reverse Engineered Toy Cannon "I'll roll double skulls now, Gnome Matter what (#4)" (Mnemon's Gnome Matter)
    Yello threw Splat (peke's Stinky and Pals)
    Strider threw Bad Story! (Arcon's Shire gone wild)

Week III
    Reverse Engineered Japanese Toy Cannon launched "I'll fail this dodge now, Gnome Matter what (#3)" (Mnemon's Gnome Matter)
    Exterminator threw Toto (albator2001's Les Nabots)
    General Hawk threw Captain Thunderhammer (Captain 1821's Troops of Doom)
    General Hawk threw Captain sk8bcn (Captain 1821's Troops of Doom)
    Reverse Engineered Japanese Toy Cannon launched "I'll roll double skulls now, Gnome Matter what (#5)" (Mnemon's Gnome Matter)
    Exterminator threw Kabukiman (albator2001's Les Nabots)
    General Hawk threw Sgt. Slaughter (Captain 1821's Troops of Doom)
    General Hawk threw Captain Balrog (Captain 1821's Troops of Doom)
    Oakie Doakie for a game #14 throws Bro' Georg #4 (Thiery's By Hook or by Crook)
    Mountain threw Clod (borderline's Rage Against The Pump Wagon)
    Mountain threw Cursy (borderline's Rage Against The Pump Wagon)
    People Launcher launched Frequent Flyer (AlcingRagaholic's Flying Dwarves)

Daringly Deadly Demises (Dying from TTM)
Week I
    Captain Submachinegun eaten by General Hawk (Captain 1821's Troops of Doom)
    Homer died in a firing mishap by Milton (Groo's Little Little Literati)
    Story Teller was fumbled to death by Strider (Arcon's Shire gone wild)
    Bloodreaper was eaten by Son of Sharkboy (Drokmar's Got Snot)
    "I'll roll double skulls now, Gnome Matter what" died when Reverse Engineered Japanese Toy Cannon malfunctioned. (Mnemon's Gnome Matter)
    Fin V died when thrown by Yago II (Yo's Yo Strigoyan Team II)
    Alone The Plane Flies died in a firing accident Cannon People Launcher (AlcingRagaholic's Flying Dwarves)
    "I'll not assist that guy now, Gnome Matter what" died in a firing accident by Reverse Engineered Japanese Toy Cannon (Mnemon's Gnome Matter)

Week II

Fnorgorde died at the grasping hands of an unnamed Troll (borderline's Rage Against The Pump Wagon)
    Yello tried to eat Timme, but he squirmed free only to die when crashing to ground (peke's Stinky and Pals)
    Gnog was eaten by Mountain (borderline's Rage Against The Pump Wagon)

Week III
    General Black ate Sgt. Fanatic (Captain 1821's Troops of Doom)
    Captain sk8bcn crash landed (Captain 1821's Troops of Doom)
    General Black ate Captain sk8bcn (Captain 1821's Troops of Doom)

Devilishly Dastardly Deeds (Killing an opponent with a TTM)

As Always,
    Evolve To Anarchism
    Necessary Illusions

edit: Added 3 non-daring TTM scores to Les Nabots.

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on %b %14, %2004 - %19:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
     Jump to: