80 coaches online • Server time: 21:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Magnus wrote:
I'm SOOOOO on this! Can' wait for 4 more teams to join, so we can start! Is there any way to advertise, or?

What about waiting for 3 more coaches to start the new division?

Make that 2!!!

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I joined, I joined.

Jeffro
Magnus

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice Keggie! Now who do I threat...
tane

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
sk8bcn estimation for Season 3:
(...)
ps: give me your estimation of standings!!!!!!

Thank you, I was waiting for your post :)

I'll only comment on a couple of teams that I'm familiar with:

Bonefive: Lost both blitz-ra's (surehands/kick/dp and stripball/tackle/mb) to aging in the playoffs, which sucks. Rebuild time.

Four turtles and a rat!: Isn't anyone else scared to death by that minotaur? I am. ST 6 and frenzy on a blitz should take blodgers down.

Ravenous for destruction: Them bull centaurs are annoying buggers. Beware.

One vote for Killers of the Dead winning the celestial division, Dodge Druids winning the season and Eshin's Dagger suffering the most. Just a feeling I have.

-tane
Magnus

Post 18 Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain1821 wrote:
Quote:
Magnus wrote:
I'm SOOOOO on this! Can' wait for 4 more teams to join, so we can start! Is there any way to advertise, or?

What about waiting for 3 more coaches to start the new division?

Make that 2!!!

I am curious about one thing... I want to know if: The opponent is drawn randomly and in that case when? As soon as the player count is reached or??? In chat, or do we HAVE to trust you Wink hehehe
Magnus

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Man what a beating.... AND CHECK THE SKILL ROLL!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=109134

Ouch Twisted Evil
Aconite

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

... Let's not rub in the fact IO lost shall we...

1st block of the game, one of Bonefive's mummys was sent to the SI box, only to pull himself back together and climb back into the reserves. A bad kick from Bonefive was only bad from my point of view, it landed right by the centreline, away from my players.

Another SI suffered (by me this time), another regen... things were looking good. However, by half time it was 2-0 down and just 3 players left for the Bits. We then conceded 2 more, but did manage to cause a death (regened) and then score a consolation touchdown with the speedy mummy.

An unfortunate result, but that's what happens when players leave the pitch in 5 star.

Also, of all the kick offs, one was changing weather, the rest were all bad kicks!!!

(Brad Osberg)
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Magnus wrote:
I am curious about one thing... I want to know if: The opponent is drawn randomly and in that case when? As soon as the player count is reached or??? In chat, or do we HAVE to trust you Wink hehehe

As soon as we reach 8 coaches, I click to create a new division and the website randomly creates the schedule.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

WOW. meteorite is looking a bit uneven at the moment. 3 games played in round 1 and scores are 5-0, 5-1 and 5-2.
Having won my first i am glad to see i next face one of the loosing teams and i have even more skills now too.

Let me know when you are ready for another beating captain and i will try to make round 2 look like a bit like round 1 for us Smile

Arcon

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:

Bonefive: .... Yes, sk8bcn, he can hit and hits hard.. ;-/

ouch, even more fearsome now....
Sad Sad
Magnus

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there anyone that has sceduled a game for this night (server time) like after midnight... I try to spectate the gamees whenever I can, but hard when not knowing when you guys play.... Why don't post here when you agreed to play a game, so the rest of us can watch the madness. Probably creates some good publicity also ! ! ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Good publicity means at least two more teams join in and I can play! Wink
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
Eshin's Dagger: I just wonder, whether the AG upgrade for the RO was worth the skill. See you in play offs....

Well I just came to think about it. Worth it? Not worth it?

Good question. I rolled 11 and had choice between Guard (useless in my game style) multi-block (useless too) break tackle and pilling on.

I tought about pîlling on but it cost you a blitz to get up at that cost a lot. Ok injurys are good but I need that rat ogre to act.

So +AG or break tackle? break tackle gives me chance to dodge to blitz and that's good but I saw that usually, I tend to play second half at 4. So sometimes, the RO gets the only option to catch up ball. On a defensive end too. with 4 or 5 moves to do. Imagine a loose ball and you are defending. just try the pick up with RO-> AG3 ->3+
Succes->you must knock him down to score (hard with the few assists possible at 5 guys)
Miss->he still brings TZ and prehensible tail.

I really thought about it for a long time before taking that +AG and opted for it because of the format of the league.
tane

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay, we have an ogre team in the queue! I can't wait to see how they perform.

I am still waiting for the first Rotters and Halflings to show up.

Rotters wouldn't have to worry about no apoth since ALL five players would have regen, foul appearance and AV 9! Ok, I have to admit they'd be even slower than Khemri and just as lousy at handling the ball, but movement and agility didn't stop my Khemri from winning last season.

Halflings. Two trees would own the LoS and with all the extra cash (higher average winnings since TR tends to be low with only 5 players) their chef would have lots of ingredients. Never mind the halflings themselves, they're cheap to replace.

Any takers? Smile

-tane
Arcon

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

No, certainly not!

I don´t think you can afford all rotters in a rookie team, and we have enough Undead/Khemri teams and BG, that could take care of ST4. And AG2 only with MA4?? No thanks.

With halflings, you are right in your points, but who will score? I think the opposition doesn´t need too many turns to remove the flings from the field. Usually you play flings with a roster of 14-16 players and make use of fouling. Both, higher player numbers and fouling is not allowed or recommended in 5 star.

But, it could be fun, to play the flings........
Very Happy Very Happy
tane

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
I don´t think you can afford all rotters in a rookie team, and we have enough Undead/Khemri teams and BG, that could take care of ST4. And AG2 only with MA4?? No thanks.

2 Undead and 3 Khemri (+1 Ogre) out of 39 isn't much. Every other team is Skaven.

And I don't think Undead would have much of an advantage if any at all - two ST 5 and three ST 3 players (with lower AV) vs one ST 5 and four ST 4. Chaos and Lizardmen (and Orcs, sure) can also field a BG and four ST 4 players, but this is where foul appearance kicks in and gives the advantage to the Rotters.

Tentacles on the beast helps a little with the movement problem, usually the fastest opponents are also the weakest. FA means your opponent can strip the ball away from you (if they can) but they can't pass/hand it away out of your reach as they'd prefer to do. Use your first doubles for big hand and things are looking good. So the MA/AG problem isn't quite as bad as it looks. Bad, but not impossible :)

You are correct about the rookie team, a full lineup of rotters and a beast would leave you with 1 reroll and 1 fan - not good at all.

Still, I'd try them if I'd have to start a fresh team (and if I didn't already have another team of Rotters in ranked) just to see if they're capable of anything ;)

-tane
 Jump to: