47 coaches online • Server time: 10:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Secret League zombie...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2005 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

oh, and a reminder! Get those old teams to the Veterans League ASAP!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2005 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>LEAGUE STRUCTURE FINALISED</b>

Please take a look.... 21 and 22 are the two Conferences, 31 and 32 are the two Regional Leagues. They have not been done randomly, but have been spread as evenly as possible given the races... of course an odd number of bashy or fragile teams makes that a bit of a biatch, but you know what I mean...

Teams ranked "40" are reserve teams, but will go into QPool... Teams scored at 100 are of course regular QPool teams.

If you have a team ranked 666, please send it to the Vets League asap if you want, but can you take it out of the SWL nevertheless by clicking "leave".

Just trying to make the page load as quick as possible...

The Season will start probably tonight, please send through any new QPool teams etc by end of today! Round 1 though will probably be extended to two weeks instead of 1 to cater for all the culling etc.

PS - dont forget, Conf = 200TR, Regional = 150TR
whitey

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2005 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Just quickly Clay, can a regional team start with 150TR or do they have to be 149 to be under it? Doesn't affect me, but some teams might find it important. I think you can be equal to the cap but I can't find it written anywhere.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2005 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Equal to the cap is fine.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I am proud to announce that the first Vets League event will be kicking off tonight. In order to get some early participation going, the first event will be the Chunkathon Abomination Memorial Cup - an open round robin tournament that will last for one week.

Got a long-term rival you've been itching to play for a while - now is your chance! Got a particular team you reckon you could have knocked over you've been wanting to challenge - get on with it then!

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The Maniac Mammalians and the Dragons will play a Memorial game at some stage. It will be the final game for some of their superstars.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Chunkathon Abomination Memorial Cup is now open! Scoring is something you will just have to figure out for yourself, but the more games you play will give you an edge.

If you missed out - tough! But fear not, for the tournament will finish on the 12/4, only a week away.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a question to the veteran league:
Quote:

This league is intended to allow retired SWL teams

Does that mean any team, even teams which just played Q-pool and never prem, conf or reg?

90% of the teams I've never seen before.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep it does Plat, though most of them have been higher than Qpool at some stage. Only about half a dozen haven't.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Race Roster for the current divisions.

Also for those in the premiership division, dont forget to award your opponent's players some twahnlow's points for medal calculations in your match reports after each game!

We'll keep the same format as last season:

1) Award points to whoever you think your opponent's three best players were for the match (3/2/1 points respectively).
2) PM me (Snorri) if you have a grievance over the awarding of points by your opponent (we haven't had to worry about this yet and hopefully wont need to!). In such cases I'll review the replay and make an unbiased decision.

Cheers,
Snorri.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Bob_Borc's looking for a new home - does anyone here use XChat and have a 24/7 internet connection?

Just in case its important - he uses approximately 10-20MB of download a day.

I've also been looking into Mirc scripts, but I'm pretty sure we can't get what Bob does on Xchat working with Mirc. If you have any ideas, pls let me know.

Cheers,
Snorri.
gumbi

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ill run it mate, i will host it at work...
Snorri

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Some admin notes and responses to some of the faq's.

Qpool has been reset - we already ran out of swap slots. For those who are new and have been asking, you can submit anything to qpool. It's the promotion from qpool to the divisions that we'll do a spot race check. So check out the Race Roster and keep in mind we're aiming at a max of 3 per race and 14 (maybe 15 if we have to be a little more flexible) per group. Note - if you're really dead set against the available options, there's nothing stopping you from creating your choice of team for qpool - it just may be a little longer till a replacement spot comes up or we open a new division.

Coaches with teams who haven't currently gotten a spot in the divisions but have been popping up in qpool frequently are marked on the SWL group page with a value of 40 (in the lowermost table). We haven't forgotten you and will be volunteering YOU to replace dropouts in the Regionals! If you're one of these who we've missed and you're dead keen to be pounded in the regionals, let us know via chat or email (swladmin@hotmail.com).

The Twahnlow Ladder (Premier, Conference, Regional) is up and away! For the new lads, this keeps an updated tally of your players statistics throughout the season - awards are presented at season's end. Statistics are updated automatically - give it approximately an hour (or close to) after your game is completed and it should show you the updated tallies. Let me know by PM if you find any problems. And a quick reminder: keep your players names unique! Not only is it good for SWL fluff, but it does mess with the bookkeeper's records if you don't. Any players found stealing the thunder from a past legend will automatically be scrubbed of any chances to win Twahnlow awards!

The SWL Hall of Fame now does a quick check on the submitted players to see if they're still in the League or if they've moved on to greener pastures (Vet's). Once they leave the SWL their record is frozen except to check whether they've carked it over in Vet's.

Happy BB'ing!
Snorri
Smegish

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

All right people, for some reason beyond my understanding, Chunky04 has made me a temperary admin for Lil leeg, and given me orders to sort it out (thanks for the detailed briefing mate). So anyone that wishes to enter new teams into Lil Leeg Season IX let me know so I can throw em in. Smile
Snorri

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

After some chatting with the curator whilst he was mumbling in the corridor, we've decided to make the Hall of Fame and Hall of Records applicable for all Southern Waste League players and teams, whether they are in Qpool, SWL or Vets.

There were good reasons both ways. I can appreciate only highlighting games played by players in the hurly burly of the main SWL divisions, but a couple of technical reasons made it easier to work this way as well as allowing something for vets league games to play for. Everyone would love to continue on the fluff of their heroes in the vets pastures and hopefully this will spur people on to get active in Vets a little more.

There will still be a distinction made between Vet and Active players in the hall, so legends currently strutting their stuff in the SWL can still be easily recognised.

By the way Chunky...what are the Vet league's entrance requirements? Is it absolutely a must to have played in the SWL divisions? Maybe this is a good idea for the future, to make sure teams have earned the right to be there (i.e. rather than one which has just hung out in qpool for a while).
 Jump to: