52 coaches online • Server time: 20:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jkaen

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like its Chaos Dwarves V Orcs for the final then, which out of them gets the home support ? Smile
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

He he, I will post some background soon about:
1-review of Altdorf classical
2-The preparation of Kournos Crown (I sadly wrote "Kournos" wrong, it's Kurnous the real name of the God for woodies).
3-A little bit about Tilean and so Tarocchi. Unfortunatly I don't have a lot of background clues about Tilea. I will search in my WH RPG book but I can't remember well. If any WH GM know about that....

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Tilea=Italy in WHFB. Use this as a starting point perhaps?

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Tilea=Italy in WHFB.

Yup, in WH RPG book there's a section for Tilean City States, in the world guide, after Kislev, you should find it easly.

In short, you can think Italy in the 1400 - 1600: lot of small cities fighting each other, no armies but only mercenaries (if I'm not wrong there's a unit "tilean mercenaries" in WHFB) but with a great commerce (mostly maritime).
You can find more info in the book btw Smile
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

well my knowledge of the background goes a little bit deeper than that. If I remember well, there are lots of Princes and the dominacy of the territory changes a lot, with very few records of what happens due to the number of war. But I am not sure anymore if it's Tilea or Estalian that has that regime (90% sure it's Tilea. Still want someone to confirm that Wink )

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

your right, estilian is Spain
Ebenezer

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you can find something useful here

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/warbossalex/oldworld.htm

and here

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/warbossalex/library/old_world/tilea.htm.

Hope it helps Smile
Ironik

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought that Kurnos was a Celtic divinity, maybe I am wrong sk8bcn?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Games workshop has stolen a lot of real world things to create the background. Yes woodelves god (Kurnous in french, probably Kurnos in english) has a paganist influence.

Bretonian king Louen is the equivalent to Richard Coeur de Lion. The chivalrie is inspired of Arthurian legends. You find heros that are Robin Hood equivalent.

The Old World is a mix of influence taken in here and there legends or real storys.

And thanks Ebenezer, I ll take a look to the links.

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer the good old version of Bretonnia and Estalia and always will! Smile The crumbling decaying edifices of Baronial power, called cities by some, and avoided by all but those that have no choice. Where decadence and depravity reign, no lust is too extreme, and Slaanesh holds sway (See the novel Zaragoz http://www.blacklibrary.com/readerreviews.html?id=140). I hope there is a French translation of the book.
I heard about the chivalric and Arthurian influences being introduced to Bretonnia and couldn't help but shudder. Give me downtrodden peasants with no future except dieing for his Duke or dieing in his hovel. Where black knights stalk the land searching for the terrible Black Grail. And the dark forests echo with the screams of the damned. Buwahaha.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

ANNOUNCEMENT:

We have heard rumors that the final for the Golden Ghal Maraz will be played on Tuesday, starting around 21 BB-time.
G_Force

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The Final of the Golden Ghal Maraz is alomost upon us. A little over 12 hours to go and allready the crowds are starting to form and the pressure is on for Karl Franz.
The Empire could soon be over run with disgusting vermin or be entering Dark times. There are however roumors of hope for Karl Franz and his Empire besides the advices of Todbringer and Valten. Some people are saying they have seen representatives from Light and Dark making secret visits upon the Emporer and they are hopeful that the elven veterans are more light than dark.

Arcon

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

It was a few hours before the beginning of the finals when young runner Grashüpfer came back from spying on the Light and Darks captain to report what he observed to the Ruhrpott Ratten Team Leader Otto Oberhausen.
"Are your sure you have seen captain lobba entering the Emperors rooms?" he asked. "How dare they to plot with the Emperor? What foul plan do they work on for the match? Maybe it was that only through scheming that the Dark Elves have reached the finals? I can easily believe that the Elves do not simply count on their own strenght, but seek for support instead. But the Emperor??"

Secretly Otto took aside some fans already entering the arena. As they vanished together into the darker passages one could only hear "...some nice big rocks back here..." and "...great reward..." before darkness swallowed their talking.

Darko Duisburg, Knochennager and Zwergenstampfer the teams most brutal rats, were seen together, preparing for a fight, rather than for a game.
"It might well be that we are looking like the weaker team" Darko said, "but even if we can not win this one, we still might make these bloody Dark Elves remember it!"
Arcon

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

A game that was clearly a final-game: Pretty long, and very tactical.
It was, besides, fun to play, with luck running wild, favoring both sides from time to time.

We recieved 3 Handicap rolls. I was hoping for Virus (he had 2 nigglers), Greatest and Morleys, or even It wasn´t me. Or at least one of those. But we got Bribe the ref (2) (what is it? foul or 12 players? I only had 11 players and didn´t foul at all...), palmed coin (nice, but not more) and Iron Man (good, Darko got it).

Good thing was that one of the DE nigglers said he couldn´t play and G_Force used the apo on him.

We decided to recieve first. In the first turn we suffered an early turn-over through a block at the LoS. That allowed the DE to spread their players, being able to attack any square on my side, and to lay tacklezones on most of my Rats. Otto Oberhausen then threw the ball to our young Runner Grashüpfer and he started a run towards the unprotected endzone. But he was not fast enough and was stopped by a DE Blitzer, who picked up the ball after that nasty Body Check. Otto was so upset about this that he himself sprinted forward, sending a DE lino badly hurt off the field. Unimpressed the DE advanced forward, but they did not see Ruhr Läufer, who sprinted toward Blocka the ballcarrier and pushed him back a bit. The stupid DE was so confused that he lost the ball without falling to the ground, but he recovered pretty well and picked up the ball again and started running. But our Ruhr Läufer is faster. He reached him once more, and this time, coming from behind, brought Blocka down! And with running past him, he grapped the ball. But once more Blocka recovered, and knocked our Runner down. Shadowing (worked 3 times) forced Ruhr Läufer to attempt a pass that was intercepted by Crone, the bloody witch! He scored the 1:0 TD.
Only a few seconds left, Otto threw the ball to Ewald Essen, who sprinted towards the end zone, dodging around surprised DE and scored a TD! 1:1 at half time.

In the second half the DE received and started to advance slowly. Too slowly. Two of our runners could reach the ST4 thrower and brought him down. The witch Crone started an attempt to stop Ewald Essen, who picked up the ball, but had no chance. Dodging around her he scored the 2nd TD. Now the DE had to push hard, but they had only 7 players left and we 10. The witch Green Hair had an attempt running towards the endzone. Again, our runners were faster and could stop the witch. Again, Ewald Essen was the one who could catch the ball that Ruhr Läufer stripped from the witch. But he couldn´t keep it. The witch was out for revenge and reclaimed the ball heading towards the endzone. But what was that? One step short she dropped down and lost the ball.in Aga, our Runners could get the ball and secure it till the end. In the last minutes the DE were bashing heavily, killing the freebooter Big Berlin. Well, good that it was only the freebooter, I say. He was no big player, anyway.

With their enormous skill, willpower and a right amount of luck the Ruhrpott Ratten won the Golden Ghal Maraz. They suffered heavily during the tourney (186/181 before, now 166 / 167), but want to rebuild and defend the Trophy!
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

As you can note it, I introduce more and more offpitch rules and some coaches starts to participate in it.

Ebenezer proposed me a type of tournament that has a cool feeling. As background he proposed to set it as a skaven tournament.

I thought about it and find it more interesting as a Tilean tournament. So I could link it to his own team, Tarrochi.

The idea: Tilea is directed by Princes often attacked and beaten by the other ones which make their power never lasting long. A Tilean Prince (the one of the team Tarrochi) want to prove that he has allies outside Tilea that ensure his power. So organize the Tileas Dual Cup.

A team is formed by two coaches (you can't use 2 of your own teams) that will form a team. there will be 2 KO cups per TR range (probably wider range as usually since I need to divided the KO tree in 2). The 2 members of a team a set in the different trees. The team get's group points as total of the team result (e.g. team 1 reach semi team 2 is eliminated during first round: both team get's the same amount of point equals to: team 1 pts+team 2 pts.)

To make it more tactical and interesting (else the concept of a team stay dull) you can "SWAP TEAM" only ONCE in the tournament.

e.g. Team 1: Chaos
Team 2: Dwarf

Team 1 discovers they have to play zons.
Team 2 has to play Khemri

they can decide that it is better adviced for them to swap their position so that the dwarf plays zons.

This is allowed only ONE TIME. It can even be done by switching an eliminated team with a still playing one.

e.g.
Team 1: Khemri
Team 2: Wood elves.

Khemri were eliminated round 1 by stupid elves. The woodies performed great and reach the semis, but were crippled in the process starting their semi at 9. The team decide to swap positions.

Woodies therefore are out and Khemris enters as semi finalist. Since it can be done only once, it means that even if Khemri wins, the woodies are definitely out.

For the group score it doesn't change anything: you get the sum of the points.

But it's tactical and you better choose an open minded teammate.

What do you think of the idea?