51 coaches online • Server time: 17:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fool

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, actually I should have had 15 points and its been changed to 12. Snorri reset the league when I was busy trouncing Faibios 5-0 and when we finished the game would not upload, so one of the adminds entered the points (which Miyuso had kept on an open page) and made sure all the results from before were entered. My 15 points were from 5 wins, not 4, but because of Snorri's reset, the 1st win was not shown.
theopacman

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems to be some problems with the non prog results as my game vs Espionage 2-0 i think was not aaccepted by fumbbl?
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that was an issue with the filler teams being in other non-ptogression tourneys.

So it seems I need to add +3 for fool, +1 for Faibios, +3 for theo, and +1 for Espionage.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Are those teams allowed to play there opponents again? fumbbl wont recongnise it coz a "new" league started.
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

chunky04 wrote:
OK folks, TR100 rankings should (in theory) be correct now. Let me know if any still seem out of whack.

It is still not correct Smile Theo has a record of 2/0/2
If you get 3 for a win, 2 for a draw and 1 for a loss (like Southee 2/2/3 = 13) he should have 8 and not 6 points.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

For the TR100, I have a fumbbl support ticket in re the issue of guys taking Filler Spots not working... as yet, this remains unanswered.

Perhaps a TR100 reset is in order?

Also, I personally wont be on much this weekend due to RL committments... see you all Tuesdayish...

Clay
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2005 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

It was 3/1/0 points. And there is certainly a bit of a problem with the filler teams... I played DaemonicLazoth's new norse yesterday and beat them 4-1 with 5 cas to 2 (lots of lucky injuries early killed the game off) but it wouldn't upload due to the whole differing progression deal.
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2005 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

That means Southee's points are wrong. 2/2/3 should be 8 not 13.

Anyway, somethings are not right.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2005 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Faulcon wrote:
It was 3/1/0 points. And there is certainly a bit of a problem with the filler teams... I played DaemonicLazoth's new norse yesterday and beat them 4-1 with 5 cas to 2 (lots of lucky injuries early killed the game off) but it wouldn't upload due to the whole differing progression deal.

OK, it appears ANY form of team swapping or adding will not work. The non-progression element freaks out once you swap a team in. I presume it sets the slot in the Open Pool to being that team and should it change (i.e. a new team, new coach etc) it says "this team has 'progressed' and is not the same as what was started" and says piss off at the upload stage.

I still havent had an official fumbbl response on this and I believe the only solution is that we will have to ban adding teams, swapping teams or any other team movements from season to season.

We will look at resetting the TR100 soon and leaving it be for the rest of the season.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2005 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Changes

SWL Qpool and SWL Veteran's League are being disbanded and merging into one group - SWL Fringe (Open League). Hopefully you'll all have gotten the group qpool PM outlining the changes in detail.

Just to clarify the current state of the SWL and its various groups.

The serious stuff!

SWL Season 10 - Our main competitive group. Premier/Conference/Regional divisions.
SWL TR100 - Non-progressional training Ground for the SWL Season 10/11. Newbies must show some enthusiasm with a few games here before they'll be accepted into the main draw. Also a wild card for next season's draft (priority pick) to the end of season's winner of this tournament.

The Peripheral Groups

SWL Lil Leeg - Just a bit of fun with stunty races, anyone in the swl can join.
SWL Fringe (Open League) - Our 'ranked' division for swl'ers. Anyone can join, play games at their own rate. Also home this season to Thunderdome and hopefully a few other tourneys.
Cut Throat League - Not really part of the SWL, but primarily filled with swl'ers. A different flavour with spaces only available as players drop out. Stay tuned to the forums if you want that free spot!
Snorri

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2005 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

When moving teams across to Fringe from Vets or Qpool, you may want to make sure you actually leave their original groups so you can start playing games without getting an upload error at the end of your game.
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2005 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

foolwholaughsatdeath, Toonie, Miyuso, Dravaal

the group i made has been disbanded, we are throwing all into the swl fringe - swl teams and non-swl teams

so you will need to reapply to that group, which is linked in snorri's post above
Snorri

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2005 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok lads, the hive mind had a bit of a headache and was getting its communications a little mixed - sorry to get you all caught in it.

Final decision was to bring the split back to just one peripheral group (SWL Fringe) and remove its attachments to the SWL. Ultimately the Fringe (we hope) will be a place for you to regularly find games with other SWL coaches. That's its primary purpose and something alot of us will appreciate since we rarely play in ranked any longer. If we all keep that in mind, hopefully it will grow to be an active community we can all enjoy. Only important criteria for it is that *you* are an SWL coach looking to find games with other SWL coaches!

1) You may have (for now) up to 3 unranked LRB teams of your choice. They do not have to have strictly played against SWL'ers, so feel free to drag that fav. team out of the closet if you wish.

2) Fringe has an extended group of admins (some of which appear to have volunteered in absentia Wink - many thanks for your contribution!). You can use these admins to request small instant tournaments to be set up. For example, Smegish and five other coaches want to set up a small 'elf bowl' 6 week long round robin. They contact one of the admins who can set it up for them and can also process forfeits when needed. Please be considerate of their time when making requests.

3) Thunderdome will be an example of one of these tournaments, though hopefully a relatively permanent fixture.

Enjoy!
Snorri.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2005 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I just wanted to add that whilst the TR100 has been a great success, the QPool has been dying a slow death because it has no bearing on the SWL Divisions and the Vets were getting rheumatism bashing each other up in pointless exercises.

Add to the fact that we encourage new SWL members to play alot of games as well to encourage worthiness, well the whole thing was grinding to a halt.

Now you can have 3 teams, play who you want, have lots of "instant tournaments" plus some other big ones that the SWL Admin will run (ie Thunderdome).

Now there is definately NO excuse not to get a game!

Enjoy!
theopacman

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2005 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd just like to voice my disapproval of the Fringe including non SWL teams.
For me the charm and enjoyment of old Vets teams like the Frollikars was their history through the SWL and the games against common foes.
The Karaz Krashers for example was a feared team because they built themselves up to the top of the SWL Vets heap the get there and Wham someone brings in their non SWL tr300 team to beat them . I don't see any benefit in this type of group.

The SWL is unique in the variety, low forfiets , length of time its been running and fluff and i feel allowing teams built up from other tourneys, general unranked etc... detracts from this 'SWL feel' of the place

You are still able to play other coaches from SWL in normal unranked so why dilute the purity of the SWL for something that can be easily done now by arranging an unranked game through #swl in unranked with another SWL coach.

The reason we play SWL games is because of the character of the league so why turn the fringe into a mini open unranked for SWL coaches.
You want games then three teams is fine but make them come from existing SWL or new tr100 teams created and played exclusively in Fringe.

Just my 2 cents worth folks
 Jump to: