18 coaches online • Server time: 03:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2005 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm... the "must have a sitable weapon" rule for a mini doesnt look good Sad
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2005 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

thats not as much of a problem, given that its played within friend groups in the main, its less open to such moaning, and wiht the upgrades that happen to your gang all the time a little flexibility is imho expected. Having said that, a quick peruse through my bits box has found more different firearms than i know what todo with Very Happy

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2005 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

true, but next stage is getting another gang bought! I scanned ebay and tbh, it was rather sparse! I dunno wether its wise trying to get stuff off folk on the SG

BUt here is my handiwork which was done last night.... its pretty bad I know I can do a lot better but Ive never painted futuristic guys with guns before! Give me BB mini any day!

What do you think of the coats?

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2007 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

ahem...

Got me some Redemptionists in the post today... so Im on the lookout for more redemptionists!

I also have Delaue and Cawdor gangs too... so I might be interested in more gangs...

sorry about ressurecting... figured it was better than starting a new one!
Gebannus

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

enforcers aren't a *real* gang, so to speak. It's usually used when you want to have a 3rd player in a game to even things up0 a bit.

Personally I like orlock, mine are all done up 80's style. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I went through Cawdor, Redemptionists and finally settled on Spyres.

The thing that sold redemptionists to me was the great big Eviscerator chainsaw that 1 or 2 of the gang could use.

The spyres are the Space Marines of Necromunda though, if you want to get your brother into it then they might be one of the ways to go - although I suppose they are more the bastard offspring between marines and eldar they are still fun - advanced weapons and armour and all sorts of different equipment but you don't really have the choices of the other gangs - each different spyre has his weapons chosen from the start of the game and may never change them, they just evolve as he/she does.
Gebannus

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd advise against spyrers for a newbie

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah you've probably got a point, go for bog standard orlocks.

Or if you want things even simpler, with BB/Necro style development and crazy vehicles, why not pick up a copy of Gorkamorka!

(mork mork mork)
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2007 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

heh, scenery seems to be the big prob too... and getting players!

bulkheads so expensive on ebay Very Happy
ScooterinAB

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2007 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Necromunda rules. And now you can play it online (plug plug plug). I'm the creator of the Necromunda Online module for Vassal Engine. I won't post the link here (part laziness, part it's been posted already). If you do a forum search, you should eb able to find it (and if you can't, I'll post the link here).
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2007 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

If you really want to play necromunda then you need ALOT of terrain, nearly purely cityscape (although the odd wood/garden can be viable. It's OK to start with with only a little terrain but later, when you know how to play, it really make or break the game for you.

If you want to play Necromunda you're gonna have to learn a fair chunk of rules. Ou should get by on the basic rules though as most of them only come into play during gang progression.

Get a basic gang each if you start (pick guys you like the look of)

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: