38 coaches online • Server time: 19:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
djbigjake

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2007 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

A proposal for a Star Player Name:

Something with Shade in it. Maybe Nightshade, or Shade of Night, or The Black Shade or The Walking Shadow or something like that. Shades tend to fit the theme being beings of ethereal darkness that thrive off of the life force of living things. Make it a bigger version of the FA guys would be my suggestion, or a Spectre with FA on top of the other skills they start with.

REALLY like the concept, I would play this team in Stunty. Awesome job Dreadclaw.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2007 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

*bump in light of the current goblin/halfling removal*

I even have Evo's stamp of approval!

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2007 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Edited costs (120k for big guy, stays at 40k for ghosts, 60k for Poltergeists)

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2007 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like the idea of having non physical players. Don't want to rain on your parade, but having ghosts knocked out or fracturing their ribs is just wrong.
Anxiety

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:
I don't like the idea of having non physical players. Don't want to rain on your parade, but having ghosts knocked out or fracturing their ribs is just wrong.

You can have cannons with fractured ribs. This is no stretch beyond what currently exists.
Pirog

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Just because there are flaws out there doens't mean the doors should be open to make a whole team that is flawed.
BLITZ2670

Post 18 Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Read the first page and the last few posts - I like the team and the idea, has it been tested and approved?

Also, who says ghosts/spirits can't be knocked out of have their ribs broken? Did you ask one? :
Pirog

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

BLITZ2670 wrote:
Read the first page and the last few posts - I like the team and the idea, has it been tested and approved?

Also, who says ghosts/spirits can't be knocked out of have their ribs broken? Did you ask one? :

Yes, I did.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:
BLITZ2670 wrote:

Yes, I did.

they can materialise for punches, and striking them disturbs their essence, so a broken rib would be a broken rib...but just an ethereal one.

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

All this talk about ribs, I wonder what an Ethereal one covered in BBQ sauce would take like? Rolling Eyes
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It might be a nice team to try out.... unfortunately it has the problem Pac highlighted with the recent Tzeentch list... most of the team dosent actually play BloodBowl.

I know thats the point but for that reason alone I don't rate your chances (which may be a good thing, the panel of Christer probably knows best).

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
HunterX

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2008 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

In expectation that folks will get back to reviewing rosters after the new year, what is the viability of this one? It's quite unique. What kind of interest is there?

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the fluff, uniqueness, and potential novel playing style of this race. I'm imagining knocking the ball around with my no-hands players to irritate the other coach... hehe.

BTW, would that end your turn? I'm hoping not, as it would be fun to be able to move it around... would really make me think of a Poltergeist then!

I guess I'm not big on the Spectres starting at ST4, and also having the stunty trait. I might consider ST3 and no bone head, increase the MV to 5, and reduce the cost:

0-2 Spectre 5328 Mighty Blow, Regenerate, No Hands G 90k

They'd be less of a "Big Guy without the Big Guy trait" then. Or make it so that only 1 is available. As it stands, they are essentially pretty reliable Big Guys. I guess I'd like to see movement beyond that sort of design in stunty.

In any case, I think this could be one of the top candidates to fill a hole or replace a race in stunty.

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Jumping on the ball with a No Hands player simply moves it, no turnover (since no attempt to pick the ball up is made).

This is one way to score an impossible touchdown.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: