43 coaches online • Server time: 00:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Like the concept?
Looks like fun!
81%
 81%  [ 199 ]
so...
3%
 3%  [ 9 ]
i hate it (even there would be few legendary players...)
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
ah go on go on go on!
8%
 8%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 244

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2006 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

tadgoraucymru wrote:
Will existing teams bump up to elite? I've got attached to my losers.

3 week season seems reasonable as games are much quicker than 16, ask hiton can't beleive the number of games he's played in 3 days!

You could model on FQ and limit the number of games in each round to, say, 1/3 of total division number.

That should be acheivable for anyone who's serious and put the break on hiton Wink

yes, 3 weeks seems like a plan to me Smile

i have a limit of 10 games in another league with a similar format to this (on a smaller scale) but problem with set amount of game is that some guys play all at once and then can play no more

people can still apply for the group, but the new season wont be starting until the current one ends, but if teams drop out in the meantime, you may have an opportunity to get some games in still!
Doc

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2006 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

waiting is ok with me, so just to get it right though, if you are not on the grid (which I am not) you should wait until the next season. I don't want to play a game and screw someone up who is in the grid/league. So for now I will wait for rookie league in a couple weeks.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2006 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

tadgoraucymru wrote:

That should be acheivable for anyone who's serious and put the break on hiton Wink

BOOOOOOOOO

I love 7s its not my fault...
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 01, 2006 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

right ive been thinking and its usually a bad idea, but ill let you guys know what ive been thinking about Wink

1) Ive made a little table with the players that I know about that have been drafted to the pro teams, so their passing doesnt go unnoticed! http://www.ballyreaghsilver.co.uk/BB7s/HoF.html . If you have 50+SPP players that have been drafted, let me know and ill stick em into the table!

2) Ive been thinking about the playoffs and ageing/drafting. if a player ages after a playoff game, the player doesnt leave the team while it is active in the playoffs (coach can still sack them), this will help against really nasty ageing rolls before the final etc, after the playoff, the player must be retired Think of it as his prospective employers wanting to get a better look at how he is going to play

3) Allstar end of season match. This could be done offsite as i have a webspace and it could happen after the playoffs in a one off game (doesnt count towards anything) but the drafted players come back to play the champions of the playoffs (a la European Supercup) and the coach of the allstars might possibly be the runner up in the final, it would be a nice bit of fluff and something you dont see often in other leagues

4) allow coaches to make allstar teams from current and drafted players of their own roster and host them on my webspace

5) perhaps if one of the more literate and creative minded people wanted to do a mini newsletter for the group that would be sweet Smile

feedback and more suggestions are most welcome Smile
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 01, 2006 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I want 2 and 4 Very Happy

My loverly speedyII wants to play again!

Post   Posted: May 01, 2006 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, the group will take any applications (provided they fit the rules!), due the insanely popular demand!
Your team will be given a score of -1 and may play vs teams that also have a score of -1. the matches are not counted towards the score, and these teams are elligible for the pro division next season (there will be a pro division for experienced teams, and rookie for brand new teams)

so apply, stick tto the rules and have as much fun as you can possibly have on the computer! Laughing
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 01, 2006 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

the new teams will be able to participate in Instant Tournies for added fun while waiting for this season to end Smile
Brad

Post   Posted: May 05, 2006 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

THis cup is awesome BrownRob - Thx.

3 weeks sounds good to me, as the top 16 are starting to run out of opponents who play at their times of the day.
(I had 3 or four hopefully lined up, then ran into a nasty High Elf Team that quickly reduced my TS out of their range.... (grumble, grumble - stupid Nuffle)

Cant wait for playouffs / Instant Tourneys to enter the league.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2006 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Brad, high TS is generally bad. Handicaps in 7s are truly lethal. If you get a morleys greatest and where am I, however skilled their team is they are in serious trouble.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2006 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

having talked with a few folk, there have been some suggestions as to what we can do next season regarding the format of the league, Option 1 is to have 2 massive open round robins like this season, one for experienced teams and one for rookie (ie) new teams.

Another way we could do it is have a system like faction, with say 20/30 teams in each division, using the scoring system we have now, with a deadline of 2 weeks to get as many games as the schedule allows!

We plan to make 2 allstar teams at the end of the season (next Saturday, 13th) where the best players from the active players are used to make a 7\'s team, and the top drafted players are made into another team, and hopefully the winner and runner up will play out this allstar match, which has no bearing of course for the league, but is good fun!

If you check the group page, you will see 2 links, one for the top ten, which i update as often as i can, and a top drafted player list, where all the players over 50SPP are listed, if you have a player who aged above 50SPP, please let me know and i will add them to the list!

Remember, the group channel is #bb7s , so trot along and see who is about, there are usually between 7-10 players online at one time so drop by and see whats going down in the \'hood!
tadgoraucymru

Post   Posted: May 06, 2006 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the faction idea, Cup, Plate, Shield like LRB 7's play off top 4 from each division every other Sunday Night. Virtual beer and pizza meet.

Also I've got an unaged 52spp wood elf thrower candidate for the all stars.
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: May 06, 2006 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

faction works well, just tweak it a bit

Post   Posted: May 06, 2006 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Rule suggestion

I've managed to get a 1 turner, who whilst not necessarily a match winner is scoring a lot and can only be stopped by my bad dice rather than the defence.

Along with the ageing star's not really fitting with the ethos of the game neither does a one turner.

I won't be building another when this player ages or gets killed and I would suggest we ban them from the league.

Any additional thoughts counter arguements?
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 06, 2006 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm..interesting thought. The problem here is with a everyone move one square on kickoff you can also one turn. You opponent cant do anything about that either. Where do you draw the line?

Post   Posted: May 06, 2006 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

One Turners, although able to score quickly, cant really protect themselves behind their teammates in 7s. And even if they do, they'll age mightily quickly and get bumbed up to the big leagues soon enough. Give a choice between a "Sprint, Surefeet, +MA One turner", or a "Tackle, MB, Frenzy Blitzer" in this league, I'm going for the Blitzer.