83 coaches online • Server time: 20:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post IBA Draft Leaguegoto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post BB2016 Ranked, Leagu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Laviak

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest, I don't know if there need to be hard & fast rules for promotion of additional teams. I'd say that in most cases, the admins would be able to make a sensible decision based on the coach's ability, and strength of their team. In general terms, I'd say that for most of us in the league, at least a couple of the admins have a good idea of how 'good' a coach we are (experienced/lucky/whatever). I'm happy with whatever their decision is (finishing place, TR, or completely arbitrary Wink ).

Looks like there are still plenty of good ideas for tweaks to the tournment floating around Very Happy

For the coaches in Premier:
I am in the process of setting up a wiki page for the scheduling of matches. I know that a lot of coaches (including myself) enjoy speccing premier matches, and I reckon it would be great to have match times planned and available as early as possible!

Unfortunately, I can't remember by wiki password Embarassed
There is also currently no "recover password" button on the UserPreferences page, so I can't get it emailed to me either Sad

OldBugman

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

PM sent Laviak
FLo711

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2006 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work Lav i really like the idea!

Maybe you could add like a checkbox or somthing, so that boht players can y'know 'check' it to say they have both agreed on this time, a visual sort of confirmation of when a game is too be played.

Helps those who wanna spec it as well. Great Idea!

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2006 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey are there any Battrick players in SWL? Anyone wanna tell me how to play this thing? Crying or Very sad
Symmetrical

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2006 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Pat, I just started, don't really know much. I hear you want to cut your roster back to approx 14 playersa, to avoid paying for guys you wont use, and foccus your development on younger players. The next season starts in maybe a week or 2, at that time you go to fixtures, and beside your upcoming game, you asign orders for your players, or something like that.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2006 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to make sure it is clear, the wiki page http://swl.kicks-ass.org/swl/PremierSchedule is most certainly not a substitute for sending PMs to your opponent - PMs are still the official method of communication.

The aim is to make it easier for premier matches to be well attended by fans of the various teams. As arta has suggested, it would be nice to have the same thing for conference and regional matches, so there is a good chance that the page will be moved.

In the meantime, feel free to comment, or suggest alterations to the layout, in the comments section (which is most of the page at the moment).

ArtaXerxes

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2006 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Time for Season 17 in 2006?</b>
I've just been looking through my diary for work commitments up until Christmas, and it occurs to me that we only have 16 more weeks till Christmas (being on the Monday at the end of week 16). Assuming that most folks don't want to have a season finish on Christmas day, we are left with 15 weeks in which to try and squeeze in seasons 16 and 17. Is a one week break between seasons 16 and 17 workable (given most season breaks lately have been longer than 2 weeks and the first round spread over more than 1 week)?
Malthor

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2006 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Re the discussion about regional promotions and giving 3rd etc a chance, this still supports tanking. You either tank enough games to drop to 3rd and then say, "no thanks" when given the choice.

In my round, I played a coach who did not play his hardest to get the ball and said straight out he did not want to promote. He finished 3rd or 4th I think.

still disliked all round!
Patrician

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2006 - 06:26 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
..... which means Round 1 will be due on 11 Sept.

Hmmmmm..based on that....

SWL 16

Round 1 - 11 September
Round 2 - 18 September
Round 3 - 25 September
Round 4 - 2 October
Round 5 - 9 October
Round 6 - 16 October
Round 7 - 23 October

One week break (30 Oct)

SWL 17

Round 1 - 6 Nov
Round 2 - 13 Nov
Round 3 - 20 Nov
Round 4 - 27 Nov
Round 5 - 3 Dec
Round 6 - 10 Dec
Round 7 - 17 Dec

Two weeks between seasons would see us go very close to Xmas. I think 1 week is the way to go. Other options of course are to split the season or delay until Jan but I hate both Evil or Very Mad
Laviak

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2006 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

How about everyone plays matches as soon as possible, and we see about getting all the games for season 16 finished in 5-6 weeks instead of the usual 7! Very Happy

Malthor wrote:
Re the discussion about regional promotions and giving 3rd etc a chance, this still supports tanking. You either tank enough games to drop to 3rd and then say, "no thanks" when given the choice.

I agree, but I don't know of any way of preventing tanking completely - any ideas? I think that it helps reduce it a little bit though, as you'll still have to take the promotion if your team came 3rd, and had a high rating.

ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2006 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Just on that, I dont know if i can get on to set up the new seasons pre monday.

I am sitting in a hotel in Bowral NSW and have just had a chance to log on... and wont again until Monday night.

Round 1 may be "short" in that its 6 days.

Apologies! Clay
chunky04

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2006 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

One of us can surely do it Clay

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2006 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope so.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2006 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

ahh noble chunky... both axe wielding destructor and season set upping creationist...and the Chaos gods are one... for just a little while

Proud Member of the SWL
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2006 - 06:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Premier and Conference draws out.

Shatterstar has parked his team due to his travels round the world on the way home to Australia and should be able to return for season 17.

Due to this foolwholaughsatdeaths Dark Elves have been brought up to fill the conference gap, good luck fool.

Regionals will be out shortly once the vacant spot situation is sorted.

PS

FIRST ROUND DUE 11/9
 Jump to: