53 coaches online • Server time: 00:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Request to Maintain ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol - not a problem Kyyberi! League admin is a thankless task, I'm sure.

It's a new, happy, problem that we have coaches in the NFL wanting to get on with things! Very Happy
Xenon

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Kyyberi I hope you didn't interpret my comments as having a go at you. I think you have done a great job under bad circumstances last season. Like Purplegoo said I just want to do everything to help you to ensure that we have a great season this year! Thanks for your support! Smile
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

No problem at all. I'm not that kind of person who takes criticism badly. If it has a point (as now did) I am glad to hear it.

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2006 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yaarrrrr!

Breakthrough Bears 1-0 seen pie rotting

Season 2 game 2, and the Bears finally get an NFL win under their belts! Very Happy It took long enough, and it was a really tough game against some resilient Rotters. The number of Humies in the KO and BH box meant that we were never comfortable, and we needed injection to fail a GFI as time expired in the second half in order to get the win.

A bounty is placed upon itchy who did more than most to KO as many poor Humies as possible! He was a thorn in our side all game, and we'd prefer not to see him in the return match! Laughing
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2006 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like a bounty on the Sundance Kid from the Norsca Outlaws. He had a great game, 4 tds, and an int, and pretty much single handedly beat me. If that ain't cause to want his butt dead, I dunno what is.

I know that I'm biased on my second bit, but I know Tyr_Do'Shan personally. And as he said in his post, he has plenty of RL stress guys. If he says he'll stay and play from now on, he will. Let him try again.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2006 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I'd put a bounty on Skalf from Mr_Fantastic's NFL Hammersong Highlanders. He got the MVP for his team. Nothing else sticks out, as the two casualties inflicted on my team were negligble! Razz

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2006 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

My bounty is on Hunter X's Bubble and Squeak's Blitzer Randy. He's an Agi 4 Orc with Stripball, and he scored both TD's against my team. He must die.
Xenon

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2006 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Fluffy Little Terrors 2 - 2 Goaulds del Sistema

The terrors knew this would be a hard fought game and elected to receive the kick, knowing that they would be saying goodbye to many of their team mates against this fearsome undead side. Still they had been training hard and weren't going down without a fight! The first half went well and with the 1-0 lead in the bag they were thanking heavens no body had been seriously hurt yet.
The equalizer came half way through the second half and with more suspiciously minor injuries sending terrors to the dug out, only 6 men were left to play out the clock. Going for broke and some more precision passing gave "Weasel" the chance to take the lead. With still only 6 players and most of the team claiming to have twisted their ankles the tie was difficult to avoid. Thanking their lucky stars that they all made it through in one piece the terrors partied like they had won.

For general annoyance and the most rushing yards in the game, <b>the terrors place a bounty on </b>Apophis
Tyr_DoShan

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2006 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Xenon wrote:
Oh and on the subject of "Tyr_Do'Shan" I say unless he gives a decent reason (like RL stress that attributed to him being more inclined to conceed) then Kyyberi should give him the boot. If a coach is going to conceed for no real reason, pull out of the league and then change his mind, then what will stop them doing it again... and again!
Sorry Tyr_Do'Shan but you've given me no faith in you to be able to commit yourself to the league and I want to make sure that we don't end up with the same as last season when only 1 play off match was played and most coaches had dropped out.

Fact of the matter was I was having a difficult time of things behind this little screen and acted in haste and for that I appologize, I'll be here to stay.. it's not like me to dedicate myself to something and then keel out over a game like that.. if giving me the boot is what you folks wish then I have no objections.. but in the meantime I've revamped my team (did that some time ago actually) and have already PM'd my next opponant to get a schedual down
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2006 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

turns out my oppo is out of country and won't be back for a week, so I'll be hard pressed to get my game in.

while I'm here, I'd like to re-instate my bounty on C. Brown of Da Lionz
Xenon

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2006 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Tyr_Do'Shan wrote:
Xenon wrote:
Oh and on the subject of "Tyr_Do'Shan" I say unless he gives a decent reason (like RL stress that attributed to him being more inclined to conceed) then Kyyberi should give him the boot. If a coach is going to conceed for no real reason, pull out of the league and then change his mind, then what will stop them doing it again... and again!
Sorry Tyr_Do'Shan but you've given me no faith in you to be able to commit yourself to the league and I want to make sure that we don't end up with the same as last season when only 1 play off match was played and most coaches had dropped out.

Fact of the matter was I was having a difficult time of things behind this little screen and acted in haste and for that I appologize, I'll be here to stay.. it's not like me to dedicate myself to something and then keel out over a game like that.. if giving me the boot is what you folks wish then I have no objections.. but in the meantime I've revamped my team (did that some time ago actually) and have already PM'd my next opponant to get a schedual down

No probs Tyr_Do'Shan, as I said if you have your reasons then fine. My concern was that you wouldn't have the commitment to continue all the way. Glad to see I was wrong and that we have you fully on board! Look forward to playing you later in this or another season. Smile
syspurge

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2006 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Just came off a tied game (1-1) between my Oakland Oozes (Rotters) and the Handbags of Dawn (Amazons), coached by Coach_grit. Despite the score it was a fun game, that saw some unorthodox play from both sides in the first half, mostly forced by sleepy players (we were both at around 30% luck a few turns in).

A bounty is due, and it must go on Cuppa Tealuv. She was the only player that performed reliably throughout the whole match, always stepping up to my big monsters without fear and hitting them over the head (making all her Dauntless rolls helped I guess). May she die a gruesome death (preferably by a botched Dauntless roll - poetic justice, anyone?)!

Last edited by syspurge on %b %24, %2006 - %17:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Gritter

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2006 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

My bounty goes on Tralk from Oakland Oozes, simply for being a menace with tackle.

Im lazy so i will paste the full match report in here for anyone interested in fluff Wink

Tough game, and a particuarly crap set of dice rolling from both sides in the first half lol.

The Oakland Oozes won the kickoff and elected to receive. What followed was a sequence of failed 2+ pickups by the beastman with big hand allowing my zons to put pressure on the ball carrier deep in the Oakland half while the rest of the Oakland team was kept occupied by blodgers.

3 or 4 turns later after both sides had finished rolling 1's on GFI's and flirting with double skulls my zons finally got their fine delicate hands on the ball for the score Wink

2nd half.... well nuffle cursed me receiving the ball ans surely as he cursed spysurge in the first half Wink
Cut a long story short, fairly normal opening with me doing some blocks, creating a safe field position. Reroll still in hand one of my blitzers attempts the pickup, fails... not unusual that.... but the fumbled bounces of 4 players all the way into the Oakland half into a almost ready made caging position!
I had to laugh to be honest Wink

Despite some brave, some might say suicidal defending as zons stood right up against beasts, rotters and beastmen, and a failed but very crafty chain push to hit the ball carrier, Spysurges extra strength beat my blodge.

Onfortunately i couldnt (quite) stop Spysurge from getting his score with his beastmen successfully finding their way down one of my flanks.

With 2 turns left to play the amazon received the ball again, this time getting touchback Wink which was handy since rerolls were all gone.

Got 2 guys into scoring position, including my bountied Thatcher teh Catcher but a good defensnive setup which i hadnt seen coming (was nice) gave me the only option of scoring being a 3+reroll dodge, a 1db with no reroll a 3+ dodge reroll and finally a GFI.

Thankfully nuffle didnt tease me too much by letting me get all the way to the GFI before stiching me up Wink he was kind instead and gave me a nice skull on the 1DB.

Just time for one more attempt by spysurge to collect the bounty on Thacther with a T16 foul, but alas he was thwarted hehe.

Good fun game anyways. Im happy we both got our luck out of the 30% range in the second half Wink
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2006 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

NFL Primetime

Well, finally I have some time off from my work and I can make this Primetime for Week 1. And as things are flowing well in Hammerheim, Week 2 for them also.

Hammerheim, Division A

After 2 rounds, Goaulds del sistema and Fluffy Little Terrors are leading. Breakthrough Bears are in 3rd position, and they have a chance to improve their position when they face Goaulds del sistema in the next round. Bears are big underdog, but can they pull a miracle? And can seen pie rottting take their first victory against Fluffy Little Terrors? Two heavily underdog games on round 3...

Hammerheim, division B

Looks like Altdorf Ex-Stars are taking a small lead in Division B, as they lead by 12 points. In second spot there is newcomer Oakland Oozes, which has done a good job in casualties. By those points they are now in 18 points, just ahead of Handbags at Dawn. On the last spot is Sacket Clan. Although Tell Sackett is the most hated player in the NFL, it seems that the start of the season has been a struggle to this team.

Bloodsville, Division A

With 2 Orcs, Dwarves and Necros, this division is quite bashy. We might see some brutal matches during this season. First round had only 5 casualties in total! We all want to see more blood, don't we?

Bloodsville, Division B

In first round we saw season high 4 td's from Norsca Outlaws, who beated Ugly Bone'eads 4-1. Can they keep up the pace, and will those Ogres show some skills on their next game against Middenheim Madhatters, which also lost their first game.

In all divisions it is too early to say anything about possible playoff appearances, as there is still 6 or 7 rounds left. After first 3 rounds we are much more wiser about the situation.

I just looked at the races in this season, and it looks like this:

Human x2
Nurgle's Rotters x2
Orc x2
Undead x2
Amazon
Dwarf
Chaos
Necromantic
Norse
Ogre
Skaven
Vampire

What is curious is the total lack of elves. Not even the evil ones Wink

And to clarify things a little more:

You all have 3 Bounty Hunts per season. So if you have declared Bounty Hunt on season 1, it will be effective until the player is dead. There are some Bounties still effective from season 1, remember to check them out. There is team called Bichos del Sistema, it is the same team as Goaulds del sistema. Team just changed it's name between the seasons.

The Bounty list is updated now, please check it. If there are any errors, please let me know so I can fix them. And if you collect a Bounty, remember to send a pm to me about it so I can add points to coaches.

And I have to say that I wish all the best for Oakland Oozes. As I am a BIG Raiders fan in real NFL, it's nice to see Oakland team in here too Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2006 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I place a bounty on Kyyberi for not mentioning the Nightmares, even though they got their first win and lead their division in points!
 Jump to: