42 coaches online • Server time: 00:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post What To Do In My Tur...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sp00n

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

w00t i'm in and i've signed up my dwarves... not sure theyre gonna matchup in 4x4 but i'll give em a crack Smile
Quod

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I meant to ask, are the restrictions on the bashy skills "1 of each" or "1 of the combined"?

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

1 of each, so you can have a player with MB, Claws and DP if you want Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Virral wrote:
1 of each, so you can have a player with MB, Claws and DP if you want Smile

or spread them over each of your players.
gregory_n_white

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

my humans have been submitted for approval
Quod

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone mentioned having a reserve, a single reserve could be managed without to much hastle, could even make it a special "mid play" substitution. The player would have to start in the players endzone. Then if one of your players left the pitch for whatever reason, the "reserve" could come on. Hehe, sounds funny to me /grin.

On to serious matters though, the 2 "positional" players of the team. Pretty sure thats fine for most teams, but what about Ogres, in the Ogre team, it is the goblins that are the positional players not the Ogre.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I get why people might want the reserve thing, but I'm really not thrilled by the idea of putting players on the field if you don't intend to use them. It's too easy for them to get in the way, or accidentally mess with the game in some other way (for example, absorbing a thrown rock intended for one of the active players).

On an ogre team, I had intended it to be a maximum of two ogres, but I can appreciate where you're coming from. I guess a better thing than saying "lineman or equivalent" would be to say that you can have up to four of the cheapest player on the team. I think four ogres would be too much, in the same way that four mummies would be.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

how about 2 of any player type?

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well thats what it was originally, but someone mentioned potentially wanting four halflings. Not one to discourage suicide, I agreed to allow four linemen or equivalents. I've changed it to say linemen, or if your race doesn't HAVE linemen then four of the cheapest player. Let me know if anyone can think of a situation where this may cause a problem.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2006 - 06:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, we are now just waiting on Longshanks, Gebannus and ansalon4 to submit their teams and we can get this ball rolling.

I will be flying out to Melbourne first thing tomorrow morning, so there is a good chance that unless the teams are submitted tonight I won't be able to get things set up in time. I will set up the tournament itself beforehand, so if one of the group staff could start it once all the teams are submitted, that would be great.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2006 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I know i am a bit late but if you need another team or some one drops out i am keen
toonook

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2006 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really surprised nobody's picked up lizardmen they rock in 4v4...

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2006 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah without supporting this blasphemy, I would say Lizzies would be pretty spesh

Proud Member of the SWL
gregory_n_white

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2006 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i though liz but once some tackle gets around i figured the skins would drop like flies.
toonook

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2006 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah but the saurus would level up pretty quick, give em all block + break tackle and run around all over the place defending the skink. I've had pretty good success with them so far if I hadn't gotten necro I would've been them for sure. Only other race I'm worried about are the Eshin didnt even think of them.