82 coaches online • Server time: 21:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
KPL
Oh, yeah, Iam in.
46%
 46%  [ 70 ]
Iam outta here
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
PIE: is this a pointless poll or what?
36%
 36%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 150

PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

A obligatory kick for the KPL thread.

Just felt like the right thing to do right now.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2014 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The deadline for all division games is when?

I've got one game left with my good man Throweck and don't want to miss it.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2014 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Rah-Ma wrote:
Well I was hoping it did not come to this but alas it looks like it must.

First round matches in Divisonal play must be finished by Sunday March 2nd.

Any 1st round matches not finished by then will be subject to forfeit and the intervnetion of Rah-Ma.

Second round matches MUST BE FINISHED BY sunday March 9th

and Divisional play will end on Monday March 17th at midnight.

There you go.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2014 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok guys we are coming up to the end of Divisonal round.

Deadline for all matches played is midnight on Monday.

ANY SECOND ROUND MATCHES NOT PLAYED BY END OF TODAY WILL BE FORFEIT. I gave you more than enough time to get it done.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2014 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Majority of the coaches of the KPL are all sitting around tables in a dark and smokey pub. Tossing back beers and talking shop about the KPL. When the door to the pub opens up and Rah-Ma walks in, flanked by two tomb Guardians. Standing behind Rah-Ma is some book worm looking dude with a stack of files and paper.

The coaches look at each other and start shuffling in their seats. A few grab their beers and down them and yell at the bar wench for another round. Rah-ma and a guy with paper work is never a good thing.

After a few seconds of Rah-ma standing in the doorway one of the coaches stands up and yells at Rah-ma to take a seat and starts making room for him and the book worm.

"Thank you gentlemen for offering me a seat at your table. I wanted to talk to you in a informal setting, get to know you and so forth. Let me introduce you to one of my new staff members, So-Dor, he is a scholar formerly of cathay and has a shrewed mind when it comes to promotion and advertising. He would like to ask you men some questions so that he can get some more insight on what he needs to do to promote the league outside the lands of the dead."

The coaches look at each other and just shrug. They all in unison chug their beer and the wench goes back to work with another round. The wench returns with 5 rounds of beer for all and puts a fine bottle of wine infront of Rah-ma.

So-Dor stands up like he is making a grand presentation. A few of the coaches reach down for their daggers. It is never good when a noble stands up in front of them in a pub. Somebody might be behind them with a scepter ready to pounce.

"Coaches, King Settra has commissoned me to guide the advetising and promotion team of the KPL. I would like to talk to you today about a issue that I feels needs to be addressed. Get the inside scoop so to speak.

I have only been around the KPL for 4 days now and it seems there is a lot of tension in the air about the various races. Some claim that Necro is OP, others say it is Undead, whille others talk about the rise of the Vampires. But what about the home town lads, Khemri. They have won 2 of the 8 divisional rounds so far and there are some really strong Khemri teams in the league."

The coaches explode all at once. Accusations of OP this and OP that. Old grudges come out. Talk of MA8 and claw and AG3 this and that. Finally Rah-Ma stands up and settles everybody down.

"Well So-Dor what do you think? Seems there is passion in this room about the OP nature of the KPL."

"Well there is passion I have to say Rah-ma. I think I have the right ad campaign in mind. Thank you coaches and good luck on the field."

Rah-ma and So-Do get up and leave the pub. The coaches just sit there silent for a few more minutes. Then one of them spits on the ground mumbling about nobles and KPL officials. The drinking starts up proper once again in Khemri city.

"I see your mind is hard at work So-Dor. What do you think."

"Well it seems that the claims of OP go flying off the cuff every other game. Undead rise up and then Necro fall and then vice versa. I think Vamps are on the rise but those fools do not see it and their minds are numb from all the beatings that the Khemri teams are laying out. Or it could just be they are all sore losers.

I think I need to devise a plan that invokes the passion and grudges between the 4 races of undeath. All of them competeting for glory and fame and how the KPL is the pinnacle of competition and glory. I think I will start with the Necro VS undead OP bitching first and then switch it up and shame them that the Khemri teams are rising in might and power and crushing their stupid ghouls and wolves."

Rah-Ma and So-Dor walk slowly back to the palace discussing plans of the future of the KPL.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2014 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Need to finish out those round 3 matches guys. Deadline is Monday night to close out the KPL divisonal round.

Settra is about to drop the hammer on two coaches. One in North America and one in Europe.

If I cannot find replacement coaches we will proceed according to plan and make a small adjustment if needed.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2014 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The sun rises in the East and the citizens of Khemri are awoken by the cry of death and pain. The sound of cryptborns death cry can be heard all over the city as Settra gives him a deadly wake up call. The citizens just shrug and rub their eyes. Ready for another long day in Khemri.

cryptborn has been dispatched from the KPL.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2014 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I might consider joining in! Just need to make sure I am not committing to far too many things! Last thing you want is to not meet league deadlines *shudder*

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2014 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

KPL Update

KPL is getting set for Conference play. 7 matches to determine who will enter the KPL playoffs for a chance for glory, fame and immortality.

These are the standings headed into conference play.

KFC: North American Conference

KFC North

Conqueors 6 pts

Wolves 4 pts

Corsairs 2pts

Locksmen 0 pts

KFC South

Bedoiun 6 pts

Sand Pounders 4 pts

Pilots 2pts

Epicurean Club 0pts
'
North VS South in Conference play

KFC East

Servitors 6 pts

Reavers 4pts

Bones 0 or 2 pts

Skulls 0 or 2 pts

KFC West

Heretics 6 pts

Vatican 4 pts

Nightwatch 2pts

Sabers 0 pts

East VS West in Conference play

NFC: Europe Conference

NFC North

Vortex 6pts

Dune Raiders 4pts

Nobnibblers 2pts

Rises 0 pts

NFC South

Black Souls 4pts

Firstborns 4 or 6 Pts

Blacksmiths 2 pts

Mass Experiement 0 or 2 pts

North VS South in Conference play

NFC East]

Quackers 2pts

Shakers 2 pts

Humours 2 pts

Khrunckers 2 pts

** 3rd round is still not played by any team **

NFC West

Impalers 6 pts

Khremators 4pts

Marauders 2 pts

Pumas ** Disbanded and Settra dealt with cryptborn **

** Replacement team that is ready will step in at the start of conference play **

West plays East in conference play

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2014 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The door to coaches office opens up and Rah-Totsun walks in and stands at attention in front of coach

"Take a seat Totsun."

"I prefer to stand."

"Fair enough, at ease private."

Totsun relaxes and goes at ease. Coach is looking at this hulking Guardian and just cannot figure him out.

"Totsun I called you into the office because Iam going over the roster and looking at where we can improve for conference play. You know as well as I that this is the pro league man. It is all about winning and nothing else matters. Which brings me to you.

This is pitiful man, down right putrid. 14 matches, 98 blocks and NO CAS!!!! that is what I call futility of the highest order. No wonder you have not gotten a MVP, you stink man."

Coach sees that glimmer in Totsun's eye, he found his mark.

"That is right Totsun, you suck man. I expect you to go out on the pitch in conference play and rip the place apart. Tear up that LOS and start ripping heads off. If you come out of conference play with 0 spp...you are cut man."

"Coach that makes no sense. Why cut me even with 0 spp. If I have no perm damage then you are just wasting gold?"

"What makes no sense is keeping around a 21 game rookie Tomb Guardian who has 0 spp. I can find a chump J-Man to give me that stat line. Now get out of my office, pull your head out of your butt and go knock some heads."

Totsun salutes coach and does an about face. He opens up the door and briskly marches out. A few moments later coach hears a locker getting overturned and turned into kindling wood. The cry of pain and crumbling bones from the locker room.

Coach comes out and sees the locker room assitant joey laid out in a pile of bones.

Coach just smiles and walks back into the office setting the roster for the big push to the playoffs.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2014 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Settra rewards his followers for a good job. Since the KFC north and south both finished their divisonal round early well Settra has given you a gift.

KFC North VS South Conference tournament is up and running early.

I will amend ALL 4 of the conference tournament point standings once we finish out divisonal play. IF I hit edit score button it resets all the tournaments still running and I have to go in and change up the optional rules. So I will wait to amend the scores until then. Do all 4 at the same time.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

KPL Update

Divisonal Round was closed out. Forefeits were handed down for one of the last matches. The match between The Quackers and the Shakers in the NFC East was determined to be abandoned and no win was handed out. I could not find a record of these two coaches ever attempting to get the match played.

All 4 conference tournaments are up and ready, point standings are current, optional rules are all set and we are good to go.

7 Games left in season #2. Top 3 teams in each of the 4 tournaments advances to the KPL playoffs.

The final sprint to Glory, Fame and Immortality is set and ready.

1St round deadline will be Friday 3/28. Give every coach a little extra time to get their opening round match played.

Playing ahead of the schedule is highly reccomended if possible.

I will be posting the round deadlines for all 7 rounds in the next day or two.

Lets have some fun and a great sprint to the end of the regular season.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2014 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Settra has called the werewolf Kalidas to his side. A bolt of lightning struck out of a clear day, leaving a charred corpse and hunks of cooked meat. While his presence will be missed, we did have some excellent steak!
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

How amusing that the 2 groups who finished their Divisional rounds first (KFC North and South) have still not played a game in the Conference tournament yet. Though not through lack of attempted scheduling mind you. I'm sure Settra and Rah-ma are getting a good laugh and not planning any retribution or anything. Right? RIGHT?!?

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The lightning arches from the sky, summoned by a dark wizard, and strikes him right in his chest. He is fried to a crisp and all that is left is 2 boots and charred fur.

The fans go nuts...WOLF MEAT!

Nice juicy wizard kill on this one