49 coaches online • Server time: 21:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2004 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

stargzrrag wrote:
vanGorn wrote:
I started my 1st team, a lizardmen team, with FF2 in a tournament. After W/D/L of 6/6/1 they are at FF6 now. But in 2 of these 13 matches I suffered two pitch invasions against my team. Mad Was it bad luck, or the grudge of Nuffle?
The cash-flow isn't the only matter to worry about, when the fan factor is low.

In a tournament it is even more vital to have a high ff. It is going to be more important to replace players fast in a tournament ( you don't have the luxury of a recovery game). Then as vanGorn mentions the pitch invasion, thrown rock, cheering fans factor is there as well. Pitch invasions can decide the outcome of a game. In a tournament, you can't afford to have a -8 or -9 on your opponent.

Well, if the tournament has only a few rounds (say, 5), it can be a good tactic to buy more rerolls/players than to have a high FF... you won't get enough extra winnings for those 80k you spend on FF9 instead of FF1, so the FF is only there for the KO results...
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2004 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Valid point AvatarDM.

I also think it's a bad idea for a new player to try a tournament.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2004 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh.. I think I posted this thread before there were tournaments Smile Or rather pre-T div (now U).

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

My personal experience with 7 (4 with Dark Elves) completed games has been mentioned, but not really explored. I have had fun in the 2 games where my new team was evenly matched (1-1). I have played two teams that were far superior. The handicapping doesn't really make up the difference and my coaching is relatively poor compared to one with experience, but I found to very frustrating to play. I couldn't knock anyone down, they dodged me consistently and the only way I scored was by taking big chances and that then depends upon luck.

THe only good thing is that I received a lot of money because of a high fan factor. I now have two witches, an apothecary, 3 asst. coahes and enough cash to buy another lineman. It is frustrating to play 18 rounds of suqy BB, but by game ten, I hope I'll have everything that the people with low starting FF have, but in addition I will have a steady cashflow to replace my injured dark elves.

A synopsis--for fun play teams of similar level. For money play teams of higher level, but have a high FF. If you disagree, keep in mind this is an opinion from someone with 7 games to his credit and I am certifiably singe-proof.
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

For money play teams of higher level, but have a high FF.

The rpoblem with that line of thought is chances are you will lose and your FF will start to go down with those losses. So whereas you may have started with a 9 FF and dropped to 6 after 10 games, someone else playing even matches might start at 6 and be at 10 after 10 games.

Plus playing up in FF will eventually cost you a PI which is a real team killer sometimes. Advise for newbies selecting games is to try and stay with 20 points of both TR and STR.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully:

I hear you. Newbie here, and threw my 109/109 Chaos team against some 130/130 Undead last night. Humiliation, pain and bleeding. Never again.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Why did you do that man...It's like going alone to a dark alley in a ghetto with a lot of shiny golden objects on you.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep -- I'm gonna die REAL BAD or toughen up REAL FAST.

I'm figurin' the latter.

Anyone who reads these forums is usually good about telling me HOW they're kicking my arse as they do it. Best school possible.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I volunteer to whip you up one side of the pitch and down the other, explaining the whole time how I'm doing it. Smile At least, Mojo, he played vs Undead, and not stronger khemri.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well. at least he didn't play my dwarves, which are happy to teach shepherd a thing or two when he reaches the TR 200 line Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2005 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Good to see that at least a few coaches take decisions on fun, and not on best tecnical scientifical rule-based criteria...

I used to play BB as a teenager, 10-15 years ago. Now will try online, it looks like big fun. I arranged my first team today, ressembling my own local soccer team, Osasuna. They are poor, they are small, they hardly ever win. So I got FF 1. I'm guessing I'm gonna have my ass kicked pretty often Sad Very Happy

See you around, mates
qk
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2005 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I am guessing that not only do they hardly ever win, but also hardly ever get games on Fumbbl with FF1.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2005 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The reason you need to take a high FF aint only to have an income, but to ensure the opponents income. With low FF people will not play you because their winnings will be low.

Thats just a fact.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2005 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Noting that this post celebrates it's 2nd birthday tomorrow...
Hooray!

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2005 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

another piece of advice <<NOT ABOUT FF>> is 'retire your niggled players'. 1 niggled player will normally come to the match, but if u keep them u will end up with 8-9 niggles, which means 1-3 players off, depending on your luck. and if ur opponent has a handicap and rolls virus, ur stuck!

the theory is that a niggled player is useful on the LOS. however they miss 1 match, and increase ur TR, which means less winnings, which means harder to replace. best to play with 10 players i have found than with 10 and a niggling missing the match!

and... start ur team with an apothecary, coz the apothecary costs 50k, ur positional normally costs 90k+...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
 Jump to: