54 coaches online • Server time: 23:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BlackBart

Post   Posted: May 03, 2009 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to respectfully suggest the /whine emote.

Should say something like... "Quit your crying nancy boy!"

Post   Posted: May 03, 2009 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Wreckage wrote:
i think fumbbl really aint the place to add constantly repeated sentences that will absolutly certainly get dull after 3 days of playing

Like... "ooh, thats gotta hurt"? Wink

I thought that's dull the first time i heard it TBH Smile ...
but OK... maybe it was because I never understood why in the world I should ever use that.... I mean.... if I want someone to be hurt I cheer.... If I feel sorry for someone I might say... oooh... but "Oooh, that's gotta hurt?".... Reminds me a bit of Nelsons "Haha!"... Just that never was really funny.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: May 03, 2009 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
spubbbba wrote:
I made some Pestigor icons a while back, but they do include a big hand and claws mutant.

Those are absoluely great! I also do like the portraits you offer in your blog. Would it be too much to ask to make the claw one a bit more "generic". As the user can provide player icons for each and every player in his team you can even add such an icon if a player really does grow a claw. But first off we need a generic set of about 4 icons.

Could you imagine doing (new) rotter icons as well? As there are 2 teams already that use zombie icons I dwouldn't want to use them for Nurgle too ...

It's easy enough to remove the claw and big hand, but then those 2 are just green beastmen, but i have left the fangs on the 2nd one and given his eyes a slightly unhealthy look. Of course that might be different enough.

ImageImage

I've had a quick go at a LRB5 Rotter icon using skeleton, zombie and human linemen bits and some colour changes. Since rotters can be any race you could do one for skaven, elves etc but that would probably get confusing.
What do you think?

Post   Posted: May 03, 2009 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

They look great spub! You beat me to it, as I also made an attempt at creating rotters icons. They are modified beastman, zombie and warrior:

Image,Image,Image

Lakrillo

Post   Posted: May 03, 2009 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

love that rotter icon Spubbbba. Not really fond of the pestigor one though, it looks to grass-green. i like PhrollikKs nurgle warrior to. Smile
G_Force

Post   Posted: May 03, 2009 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
Since rotters can be any race you could do one for skaven, elves etc but that would probably get confusing.
What do you think?

Actually for me having the icons of the different races i think is good. I use an old icon set (don't like the default 8.9 ones) and the zombies in that are a random mix from several races modified to zombie.

but then I'm not the one doing the work. I've look at modifying player icons before but never got anywhere near a satisfactory outcome Sad

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 04, 2009 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

will this allow us to use files like png or will it just be limited to things like jpg and gif?

If you did a large pitch, I might take pics of my own minis and put them into a png and see what they look like. Too small at present
Coach-D

Post   Posted: May 04, 2009 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you can use basic placeholder icons like the skijunky ones for the missing icons... bring out the release for public testing and feedback asap, don't wait for the icons... games and OS companies don't wait for a trimmed and fine product for a release, why should you ;P
People will get into doing the graphics stuff when they get bored... but maybe the white dwarf's might be a place to look for player portraits at least, they seem to have heaps.... if only i could find those links :S
spubbbba

Post   Posted: May 04, 2009 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

ImageImageImageImage

Here is the my 1st attempt at 4 LRB5 Nurgles Rotters. Still have to do the side views of course but wanted to get the forward views done 1st.

Hmm, I'm not that happy with the the 4th rotter, he still looks too like a zombie so might change him.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2009 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba this icons and portraits you have done are really amazing

i'm really looking forward that LRB5 client, i wish i had some design/programming skills to help releasing it. Unfortunately it seems i can only cheer you guys up.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2009 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I love your avatar zakatan!
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: May 04, 2009 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

A halfling master chef:

I hope you will like it. Although I never made any pixel art, with this one I had a lot of pixel work with.

Cheers,
RS

Post   Posted: May 04, 2009 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

RamonSalazar wrote:
A halfling master chef:

/Me likes
bennyprofane

Post   Posted: May 04, 2009 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Spubba's first two rotters and Phrollikk's rotter as well. All the pestigors so far look a bit similar to normal beastmen. I wonder if they could be distinguished with slightly bigger/longer horns, seeing as the word 'gore' is in their names. Or maybe broken/twisted/asymmetrical horns. Or horns that look like they have festering poison tips... Like the teeth though.

Really enjoying getting to see the creative work here. Once a rotter roster is ready I'd be really excited to see what you can do in terms of expanding some of the existing teams' icons...
zakatan

Post   Posted: May 04, 2009 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Which program do you use for this pixel art thing?

I want to try myself some time