51 coaches online • Server time: 19:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2009 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

This year, the tour events were timed the way they were, so that they don`t collide with the minors. If both are combined, I`m sure we can make the tour events continuous while having the minors jump back and forth to avoid conflicts.
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2009 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

My final thoughts on some of these ideas.

I still think a Swiss style (FIFA world cup style) Major would be fun.

Break it down by region or time zone and off we go.

Zombie69's idea of breaking the participants by timezone and not region imo is a great idea.

I think it would also be a great idea(pair up the brackets by timezones) for every major not just one major (default setting: Lustrian). If the first few rounds coaches knew that they would not have to deal dramatically with timezone issues then participation should go up in every major.

I still would like to see Scheduled Smacks for North America and Australia.

The tour talk sounds good, cant play in the tour due to the above timezone issue, but I think the Tour ideas are good ones.

The Lustrian sacraficial pit: well lets say great idea, But no way for a major. You thought flat entry was convoluted for the Lustrian you have not scene anything yet if this idea gets impimented. Not saying I dont like it, just not for a major.

The talk about the WO lottery: I think the lottery is a great idea. If there is a tweek that could be put in place it would be to limit the lottery to the losers of the finals of each bracket. That way it eliminates the dreaded "dog" team that got smacked down in the first round from getting into the main draw. BUT I fully support allowing ALL teams to be in the lottery and take our chances like last year.

Well that is my summary of my ideas. I will now sit back and wait to hear news of the changes to the tournaments.

Post 5 Posted: Dec 25, 2009 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

With regard to SMACKs:

Would it perhaps be easier for you (the tournament staff) to run/manage SMACKs if you had distinct groups for each TR-range?

It certainly should facilitate updates of the SMACK winners lists significantly.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2009 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
For 2010:
6 Minors, alternating months with Tour events.
125, 150, 175, 200 and 225TR
A 6th minor at TR undecided, possibly a forum poll?

You could have a 6th "minor" at *cough* TR 250.

Or, alternatively, go with increments of 20 TR, some examples:

- 120/140/160/180/200/220
- 125/145/165/185/205/225
- 130/150/170/190/210/230

He, you could even start a campaign (sort of) for one of your teams by advancing it through the tour (don't forget to start with a mandatory RRR Wink).

just m2p
 Jump to: