42 coaches online • Server time: 16:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post BB2016 Ranked, Leagu...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
f_alk

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2010 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, gathered everything and put it into the first post
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2010 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Very good work! Thanks for your effort...

Just wanted to add though, that the new client will NOT use animated player icons and follows the front view / side view convention.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2010 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
Very good work! Thanks for your effort...

Just wanted to add though, that the new client will NOT use animated player icons and follows the front view / side view convention.

Will the new client use locally saved icons (like the current client), or will they be embedded in the client or team-roster?

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2010 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

@Shraaaag: everything comes from the server. No installation, no local files. So yes, they will be embedded in the team roster and Christer will provide for a way to save them with the team (just like player portraits).
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2010 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
@Shraaaag: everything comes from the server. No installation, no local files. So yes, they will be embedded in the team roster and Christer will provide for a way to save them with the team (just like player portraits).

Cool Smile just what I was hoping for Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2010 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

So uh, which ones are stilling missing?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2010 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

HanZzz wrote:
So uh, which ones are stilling missing?

Maybe Kalimar or Christer can upload the current set somewhere and we can all go over it and find out what is missing and possibly touch up any that need a little work.
Pjj

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2010 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:

Did the feature where we can upload custom players make it in?
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2010 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Pjj: the feature is there. The game server requests a roster xml from Fumbbl. This roster xml contains urls for all default icons for the roster (lineman, blitzer etc.). After that a team xml with all players is requested. That xml may also contain icon urls for every single player. All that is missing is Fumbbl allowing to upload player icons for each player, just as it is now for player portraits.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2010 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Gathered from the XML (race and division) rosters on FUMBBL: http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~brill/fumbbl/inc/roster.html
Note:
* LRB5 positions only containing 1 icon, means that the icon couldn't be found with path provided in the XML. (the filler-icon shown is linked to my own website)
* LRB4 and Stunty rosters lack path to icon in their XML. (the filler-icon shown is linked to my own website).
* Still haven't found where I can find Star Players and special players in those rosters, but that doesn't mean they don't exist Wink

Last edited by Shraaaag on %b %18, %2010 - %13:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2010 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag: that is plain awesome! and very helpful indeed. Thank you Smile
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2010 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not to fond of the over-colored underworld. So i gave the goblins a try.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2010 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The point why I personally like the colourful approach is that they are chaos creatures, and have access to M on a normal skill - having a different skin colour is just a mutation without game effect Smile.

And I included the animated views because BOTOCS supports them, and I started this endeavor for that particular client. ... and because I am not an artist enough to create really good icons on my own, I am more the craftsman who can take bits and pieces and reassemble them into something else Smile.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2010 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the list Shraaaag!

I re-coloured the troll because I think with having a big blue troll it is hard to tell when when he is on the red team.

Image Image Image Image

And a Warped Troll for the Underworlders...

Image Image Image Image
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2010 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I like those trolls WhatBall. Very Happy

The reason why i did a nightgoblin (as the ones in the robes are called) for the underworld was that nightgoblin is the ones who live in caves underground.
 Jump to: