30 coaches online • Server time: 11:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PeteW

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not an expert, but you have funny things like "clash" in Lorwyn, plus you have planeswalkers.

Agreed about Alara - we want to stay clear of the multi-colour craziness that is encouraged.

I still thnk Zendikar is pretty user-friendly. That is what I learnt on!

I also need to test my client. I think it is borked. anyone free to mess around with me Monday at 9pm BBtime?

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll try to be around Pete - often my family eats around about then so I cant garuantee anything.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Ilzhahkha

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
I'm not an expert, but you have funny things like "clash" in Lorwyn, plus you have planeswalkers.

Agreed about Alara - we want to stay clear of the multi-colour craziness that is encouraged.

I still thnk Zendikar is pretty user-friendly. That is what I learnt on!

Zendikar isn't that bad, but it's synergies doesn't tend to matter that much in sealed deck. In lorwyn you can easily get some tribal theme into a deck even in sealed.

Also planeswalkers are in just about every set since Lorwyn so seeing a few of those doesn't really matter that much.

Then again, we won't play that long with Lorwyn anyway and then we can tackle some of the newer sets. I wouldn't mind skipping Alara block (since it's a pain to build a solid manabase with it) but Shadowmoor/Eventide, Zendikar/Worldwake and Rise of the Eldrazi are all quite fun.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I quite like sealed deck Alara, we can avoid it if people arent keen though Sad

Planeswalkers - ok, I didnt notice Lorwyn had planeswalkers. So far only one person has got a planeswalker and I've switched it out for a random rare after having a quick chat with them.... any other planeswalkers that crop up will recieve the same treatment (albeit no choice will be involved).

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
justagigolo

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you had any luck hosting the data anywhere yet? Personally, I have no issues with email, but I can't attest for everyone. I am excited to get things moving, haven't played in ages upon ages.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2010 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

justagigolo wrote:
Have you had any luck hosting the data anywhere yet? Personally, I have no issues with email, but I can't attest for everyone. I am excited to get things moving, haven't played in ages upon ages.

dropbox is free and works well. I am also happy with email though.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2010 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
I've switched it out for a random rare after having a quick chat with them

And a crap rare it is.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2010 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it is Very Happy

Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2010 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I won my Match vs Ancre 2-1 with 24 life left Total and the game he won he was on 1 life left, dead next turn and playing straight of his deck, he got an awsome draw to do exactly 9 damage which was my exact health, Lucky git Sad

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2010 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that game I won was really out of pure luck. But you still totally deserved the win, you played well and I did plenty of noob mistakes !

Now on to build another deck Very Happy
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Lost to Woodstock 2-1 Life totals 20 - 20

Got off to a good start winning the first game with 20 life left but went downhill from there, Well played Woodstock

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2010 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Won 2-1 over Sillysod, lifetotals about 40-20.

Lost the first one to getting only two lands and almost all my big cards on the start hand. It didn't help beeing very short on lands the whole game. Second and third I was very lucky to get my best killer combo out very early, so I won comfortably.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I just beat Ancre 2-0

Life was 14 in the first and 22 in the second.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2010 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

So how do the points work again?

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2010 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You will get 56 bonus points when I update them at the end of the round.

Basicly they are a tiebreaker, just in case we need one. Plus it means people on two wins, two losses can feel smug about having more bonus points than other people with two wins, two losses. Any games against the filler will multiply your bonus points by 4/3 (so games against filler dont give away too many or too few points).

Jump to: