29 coaches online • Server time: 10:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post BB2016 Ranked, Leagu...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2011 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Why not bombardier instead of chainsaw? They'll be a lot of fun, too (once implemented) and don't have to go into melee for being effective! Smile

Once implemented, I'd agree. Maybe implementation by the end of the GLT would be a bonus "prize" Wink
HLY

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2011 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

but...but saws!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2011 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
Rabe wrote:
Why not bombardier instead of chainsaw? They'll be a lot of fun, too (once implemented) and don't have to go into melee for being effective! Smile

Once implemented, I'd agree. Maybe implementation by the end of the GLT would be a bonus "prize" Wink

Get him now, use him later. Meanwhile he can collect some MVP SPP. Very Happy
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2011 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
maysrill wrote:
Rabe wrote:

Get him now, use him later. Meanwhile he can collect some MVP SPP. Very Happy

Heh, my orc team has a gobbo that's ~56 games old (Blodge/Guard gobbo!) who only sees the pitch every few games. I guess a bomber could go on the same regimen.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2011 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

** Miflord from GLT HQ **

"GLT!! GLT!! GLT!!!" Wow the fans are going nutz at the GLT HQ as the main draw is getting set to take place in hours. The anticipation from the fans is awesome. Fans from over a hundred hopeful teams have shown up with painted faces, banners, beer wenches and a mariachi band has shown up also. So get your butt down to the GLT HQ for the draw and do some "people" watching. There are some really interesting fans to see.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2011 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it looks like the draw has been made so I'll get in early with a prediction.

Old Teams Qualifier I

Khory v Lithuanians=)

So its the relatively inexperienced Khory (85 games) coming in as the heavy weight against their experienced (206 games) but slender Wood Elf, opponents Lithuanians.

Khory have some dead team weight with 3 claws but do have some nice stat monsters and tackle scattered about. Shame the star of the team hasnt got sure hands yet which could prove costly against the strip ball Wardancer.

Lithuanians are boasting a hard hitting tree which Khory will want to avoid along with plenty of blodge and speed with 2 catchers and a +MA dancer.

I can see a lot of bash thrown around by Khory but unless the dice go nice them Woodelves will just be dancing away all day long.

With plenty of inducements to spend I can see a Wiz coming to the table and really turning the match against Khory.

Khory 0 - 2 Lithuanians with both TD in the second half. One with a WE drive and one with a wizzard pop late into the second half when the play is stretched

Any thought from our more seasoned coaches on whether I have a chance or not Smile
Qaz

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2011 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

First game in the GLT played and Six Hooves are on there way!

Vaul's Forge gear is shit thou. Never trust an elven helmet its shit I tell you!
Lord Borak is inclined to agree!

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
HLY

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2011 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

ah well, I missed out on getting drawn...

shoilda been obcious with a team that only just hits the TV minimum Very Happy
Qaz

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2011 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

some one with a script to find out what was the minimun number of games for old teams lowest TV for high tv and lowest CR for CR teams. I was thinking about entering CR as I know often there is the lowest number of coaches and that really proved true this year. But I have always entered in the Old teams and I like playing old teams so I guess thats where I will continue to be

Alf115 wrote:
Qaz wrote:
I will be entering the group where I have always entered

:imwithstupid:

Kinda funny that you asked this question and then we got paired up first game.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2011 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The bar was quiet for a change; a few trolls were passed out on top of the 18 goblins they had just knocked out, and the bartender was quietly wiping a rag on top of the bar. A small rat came in, followed by another rat wearing a white coat, and they ordered a Lightning Buzz each.

The first rat was arguing with the other 'Look, I know he's not the Gutter Runner's you used to fix up; but you agreed to work for me, and you already let Kekssi die simply because he dared to be as fast as a Gutter Runner. Whatever you do, DON'T LET SHINDAHL DIE!'

Bam! Suddenly an enormous lizard burst into the room 'Boss! Boss! We found our opponent's! We're up against lizards! Lizards! And they're freaking big one's too! Looks like they snuck three Kroxigors into their team, and they've got several skinks that look like they ain't pint sized!'

The rats stopped arguing and looking at the Saurus in dismay. 'Coldblooded Offensive? And their steroid users?'

'Yes boss! You gotta let me run! You just gotta! I been practicing and everything, and I'll catch the ball this time! I know it!'

'Look Zekssi, I know you keep trying; but I think it's going to be Shindahl, once again, who brings this game home. That team is used to bashing, and I've watched them; hardly any of them actually know how to tackle. The skinks are going to bring it home, and all that practice you and the other Saurus have against elves is going to let you clobber their skinks, even if they live on Nuffle's steroids.'

The rat in white tosses back his drink 'You're gonna lose Nelphine. Maybe not today, but eventually. You should never have listened to that Slaan-Mage. Lizardmen are not the team for a Skaven coach. One day, Shindahl will die, and you'll be left with a whole lot of useless meatbags that can't even look at the ball without it bouncing away.' The apothecary looks disdainfully at the extremely agile Zekssi, and stalks out of the bar.
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2011 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I watched this massacre yesterday.

Horrible match for BooAhl, even the fans lost their appetite for blood.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2011 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe Slann. After playing Slann, a match with Skaven feels like holiday in AV9-Land.

And yes we need a GLT-RIP thread again. I contribute a rookie linerat Very Happy

@ stej: i predictn you will lose and get massacred by those wood elves. Nuffle does not like people predicting their own matches :/
Fela

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2011 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
some one with a script to find out what was the minimun number of games for old teams lowest TV for high tv and lowest CR for CR teams.

Lowest CR is kindof a moot point, as there are 7 filler slots untaken.

If i remember right from the draw, the max TV that did NOT get into the high TV bracket was 1650.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2011 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, someone write a prediction for Milford's bracket: Old Teams 2. (I'd do it, but I'm in it)

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2011 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Fela wrote:
Qaz wrote:
some one with a script to find out what was the minimun number of games for old teams lowest TV for high tv and lowest CR for CR teams.

Lowest CR is kindof a moot point, as there are 7 filler slots untaken.

If i remember right from the draw, the max TV that did NOT get into the high TV bracket was 1650.

Browsing around a bit, it looks like 42 games got you into the Old bracket (PC mentioned the only ones who didn't get in applied after the deadline, so we apparently got exactly 32 proper entries).
 Jump to: