61 coaches online • Server time: 20:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2012 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Pokemors vs Tiny Steel Hammers grudge match has been scheduled for next Thursday 20:00 server time. Perhaps the dwarves are hoping the day of Thor will be their lucky day and they can repeat the painful experience of their last meeting. And some theorycrafters are already predicting the nurgles are bringing a pocket wizard, while dwarves' experiments with bombs won't make it in time for this match. The game should be a blast Smile
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the LC **

What an opening weekend of action. BTW, has anybody informed group 16 and 13 that the tourney is actually being played?

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2012 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The tourney has begun???? Then Neuroosi and I better kick the start off group 16 tonight at 20.00. Orc vs. Wood Elf
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The Defending champs go out in round 2

The Colorful Ones insults to the honor of the Temple Guard has been avenged!!

Yesterday at the LC one of the most anticipated matches of the qualifier took place. The Defending champs took the field, under a barrage of boo's taunts and death threats. After last years victory the Colorful ones immediatly maligned Lustrias champion player as a TV load stone, a chump, a good for nothing line fodder skink and down right dumb. Well word got back to Lustria about these comments and sent the yellow journalist into a rage. Bad press for an entire year hounded the Colorful ones all across the old world.

Shrieking Blood Storm is the toast of Lustria. Mission accomplished, VICTORY!, revenge,good vibes and redemption all wraped up in one Blood Bowl match. The party is still going on in the back alley of Lustria as the honor of the lizards has been defended!

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2012 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets get a pick in here real quick.

Bloodsucking Politicans
VS
Hellbound Chariotters

The Politicans roll into the LC spouting off about austerity measures, rich get richer and the poor, well they are thralls. These guys are pregressive nut jobs that need to be sent packing back to Sylvania.

The Hellbound roll through the opening round with ease. They have ditched the Chriots and now roll along in union made Empire crafted Sherman tanks. They are the team of the "people" and look to smite those evil Politicans.

The pressure is on the Hellbound to take this match. The fans want blood but also a victory!

I think the Hellbound are up to the task. They decimate the thralls and then tee off on the vamps in the second half.

Hellbound bring homethe victory and win this one 2-1 and seal the match in the closing turns with a well placed boot to the head on a vamp.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Gritter wrote:
Former Lustrian champs the H0rnsw0gglers are fighting fit and ready for action.
Led by the legendary SuperElfOrc (tm) himself, Pootash they are ready to take on all comers, backed by their vicious fans from Loompaland.

Quote:
Once more unto the breach, green friends, once more

I guess no more!
Ouch! :/

Death of Pootash

SL
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the LC has entered its second round matches in allmost every bracket. Glancing at the brackets it seems this years field is really bash poor, in terms of # of teams. But man, the few bashers that there are, they are really bashing the tar out of some teams. Lizards and Slann seem to be littered all over the field. Also I dont see any Elftastic teams that seem to have the qualifier just sewed up at this point.

Bottom line...This seems to be a very interesting LC in terms of races still left standing. Is it possible a Forlorn could actually make a deep run in the Challenge stage and come out in the end in the final 4?

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

SvenS wrote:
My Deep Pond Amphibians [R] have emerged to win their home field tournament.

Now how do you tell a crazy frog from a sane one I wonder?

Nuffle answered this one clearly enough! Very Happy

Crazy frogs die

SL
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Purple Delvers walk into the second round after a easy victory in the opening round.

Coach PurpleChest actually got an opening round match that did not involve massive swings of luck, CAS dice from the 5th plane of Hell and his wife screaming at him to get off that dang computer...You see...once PC can actually focus on Blood Bowl it is easy.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2012 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Sad to see that svens, that was one horrible matchreport.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2012 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

What a day of upsets in the LC...we had SvenS losing his match in OT when he went in to OT with 11 VS 4 players...the ball was on the endline at one point for the game winner but he was denied.

At the same time the Band of Mythfits blew this match going into half up 2-0 and the game firmly in grasp...they even were up 3-1 at one point....Titanic collapse...Ok who released the Kraken?

Just and insane day for comeback and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...it was an epic day of LC action.

Oh, you did not spec those matches huh? Get in on the action and join the Specs for some awesome LC major action.

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2012 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Will Thursday in the LC top the Wed. action?

I sure hope so.

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2012 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

And don't forget, Milford, that mere minutes before SvenS's loss, happygrue's Hop on Pop started OT with 4 Slann against a full Nurgle team, but managed to pull off the score...

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2012 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
And don't forget, Milford, that mere minutes before SvenS's loss, happygrue's Hop on Pop started OT with 4 Slann against a full Nurgle team, but managed to pull off the score...

In my defence, I had seriously injured the blitzer who scored the winning touchdown last night. Unfortunately, the server crash reset that, and my second try at the turn didn't work so well. That said... I didn't plan properly for double skulls, so when they came up my guys were too far out of place. I figure that by the time I've managed to forget this I'll be a charter member of the Whiskey League...
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2012 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope it's clear there was no slight intended there, so no need for defence. I saw both sessions of the match, and even with the unfortunate mid-turn crash, it really was a surprising feat by the Slann, considering everything; the ST6 beast, the casualties, going down to 3 players during OT, etc.