43 coaches online • Server time: 17:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

So just reading the rules on number of teams and such, if there are no changes to existing teams, we have 5 Brawlers out of 12, 5 Balanced out of 12, 4 Ballers out of 12 and 1 Oddball out of 32 assigned. So there is still a nice mix of team types available (everyone go gobbo!)
Laggo

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe we should get a list of those races posted here to keep in mind for the eventual merge?

I mean, if it's already balanced that way and we're going with the no repeat rule in this draft it's kind of moot - but it might be nice to know our future opponents for race picking now anyway Wink
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Current teams as per the league page:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=6836&p=members

Sutherland I'm not sure about, but he smells so who cares!
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

@burg. IMO we should prioritize NA coaches for a NA league. If we can't fill it and HAVE to expand the pool then fine, but our NA league should get filled with NA coaches, even if non-NA coaches are ok with playing within our timezones.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Laggo: Just assume that in the league there will be 2 of each race (except stunties and the like). That will be pretty close.

Miyuso: Your mom smells funny!
burgun824

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I will post a complete list of teams that will be available when we do the draft.
But first...
I PMed all the International coaches (except for Kyyberi because I already know he's good to go) to make sure they're on board with making themselves availabe to play in this league. The only concerns I have left about them at this point is Erickan's availablitiy and that I haven't heard back from Favalessa yet. Overhead_Smash I have no concerns about at this point.

With the massive time difference Erickan will pretty much have to play his matches on the weekend. I know that's not a big deal for most coaches in the league as long as they're scheduled in advance, but there are a handful of guys that I know will have an issue with this. Now if we're just talking about 1 or 2 guys that say, "Yeah, I'm no good to play on the weekend" and we know that going in than we can administer forfeit ties for those situations when they arise. Not ideal, but not a deal breaker either. But if I start hearing from a half a dozen of you or more that schedulling on the weekend is going to be a problem then it might be better to let him down easy now. Please speak up if this relates to you. He seems like a reasonable and understanding enough guy so I don't think it will be a massive issue either way.

Favalessa I'm concerned about because I haven't heard back from him yet. He's read the PM and didn't reply. Now that's not normally a big deal with me, but I recieved an anonymous PM from a complete stranger saying that I might want to be cautious letting him into the league because aparently their have been issues with his reliability in the past. Now I'm not one to just believe everything I hear and I'm willing to give the guy a chance to prove otherwise. It may just have been a bad experience or an bitter rival so no more than hearsay at this point. But the first coupled with the later makes me start seeing smoke on the horizon. And were there's smoke there's fire. I'd like to at least give him a chance to respond though before we string him up because I'm not in the business of runnning lynch mobs.

For those of you that don't know me as well I'm a little more democractic in how I run my league. I always have the final say but you should feel free to make comments as I will take them all into consideration. Lets work through these last few concerns folks may have about the International Coaches and then I'll send out a PM with everyone on it for the draft.

Also - you can find us in chat at #NWFL. Everyone is encouraged to hang out in there and talk smack at each other. Lord knows it's been a bit quiet lately so it could use a good raucus conversation.
Laggo

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no problems with the weekend, but if we can avoid these essentially predetermined forfeit ties it'd probably be in our best interest to do so. If the scheduling issue re: weekends only affects a couple coaches at most I think when we split divisions we could easily figure out a fair swap or two (based on race balance makes the most sense I guess, unless you pick who gets swapped randomly) so the affected coaches aren't in the divisions playing the other ones.

That doesn't really solve the problem should both coaches make the knockout playoffs, but at that point you'd hope somebody would make willing to make a compromise for a single game (I'd even go so far as to say that should this scenario occur and it really became a serious issue it'd be an adjustment the international coach would have to make to avoid the forfeit).
burgun824

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Favalessa just replied. I wonder if he saw my post. Very Happy
burgun824

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2012 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

After discussing the above issues with other league admins and taking into account peoples concerns I have informed Favalessa and Erickan that their schedules are not going to work out for us.

licker has agreed to take one of the spots because he believes he can manage it now with only two international coaches. So that means that I still have 1 spot available to the first NA coach who wants to take it.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2012 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

/me raises hand
Laggo

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2012 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that was quick.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2012 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

double post

Last edited by robocoyote on %b %30, %2012 - %18:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2012 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

thats what she said

any info on race/franchise i am?

or are you still waiting for randomizing?
burgun824

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2012 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Record time.

@robocoyote - I'll put a PM together about drafting team races tonight (hopefully). In the mean time everything you need to know about how I'm going to run this league can be accessed from the group page.

Here's a fresh link for those of you that are too lazy to go back to the original post to link to it:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=6836
Garnak

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2012 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Love being lazy. Wink Btw, I'll be out of town with little to no internet access from Friday afternoon until Monday evening.
 Jump to: