28 coaches online • Server time: 08:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kelkka

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2012 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The way I interpret it is as follows:

1) beginning of action, vamp must roll for bloodlust
2) if roll fails he must feed in end of action
3) failing to feed will cause a turnover
4) in the turnover phase current action and turn is ended and vamp flies to feed

Now, if you fail pickup and thus suffer a turnover, vamp still gets ejected as part of the failed bloodlust/turnover. So in my view, roll, feeding and ejection are 3 separate things. (and this also means client is implemented correctly)
Underworlder

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2012 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that the turnover perfectly fit "the end of the action" and thus you MUST feed if you can as turnover result, because in the moment you fail a turnover, you are in "the end of the action"

And more. Sometimes, phrase wordin aren't thought with all the possible implication in mind, and instead of looking for the atomical grammatical meaning, we should agree on the general sense of a rule

Feeding on a thrall is something that the vamps is going to do if there is a thrall near him... if there isn't a Thrall, he is too thirsty to stay on the pitch a go to feed on a spectator. Refusing to feed on a thrall and go to feed on a spectator only because he failed to pick up the ball is something that is completely out of the spirit of the rules and the spirit of the game

As I said, no big issue... it isn't this rare situation that make the vamp a weak team and it won't be my interpretation of the rule (the one that I think is correct) that should make them a strong roster. For this reason I should use the more logical (from the fluff perspective) interpretation, that is "The vamp go on a spectator because there isn't a thrall and he's too thirsty", regardless the turnover

But the only things that matter for me is to know that the actual client response isn't a bug but a rule interpretation. And for me, that's more than enought to play happly
 Jump to: