41 coaches online • Server time: 00:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2014 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Is that another joke PS?

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2014 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Is that another joke PS?

Not at all. If you took the Luck O meter that was posted in the post match. Average it out over a large span of matches. You found that good coaches magically had a high average Luck O Meter rating and coaches who we would call poor had a below average Luck O meter rating.

the Luck O meter just like CR over a very short period of time (matches) is whacky and not stable BUT once you stack 50+ games on top of a team it starts to stabilize out and does reflect good coaches from average coaches to bad coaches.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2014 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
koadah wrote:
Is that another joke PS?

Not at all. If you took the Luck O meter that was posted in the post match. Average it out over a large span of matches. You found that good coaches magically had a high average Luck O Meter rating and coaches who we would call poor had a below average Luck O meter rating.

the Luck O meter just like CR over a very short period of time (matches) is whacky and not stable BUT once you stack 50+ games on top of a team it starts to stabilize out and does reflect good coaches from average coaches to bad coaches.

It was not really a luck meter it was a success meter.

If you are consistently having successful rolls then you will be likely to win games.

Better coaches will be more likely to set up successful rolls. Be less likely to be making desperate rolls etc.

It's pretty much what you would expect.

The more you practice the luckier you get.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2014 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

And that same theory applies to the CR scale also koadah.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2014 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hrhrhr - someone ranted about CR in public - and i did not!
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2014 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
The named brackets are more accurate to the actual granularity of the system which is why they're the primary thing that's shown on the site these days.

Have you considered hiding everything except the categories?
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2014 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Christer wrote:
The named brackets are more accurate to the actual granularity of the system which is why they're the primary thing that's shown on the site these days.

Have you considered hiding everything except the categories?

That wouldn't be a good idea. In all computer games people enjoy chasing numbers, it's what helps create the addiction. Once you stop caring about the numbers it's too late you are an addict!

Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2014 - 23:19
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I did hide it. People hated it. So it's shown again, albeit in a slightly less visible manner.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 00:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Pffft, what a useful thread. You wanna see CR? well mine is good/crappy 'cause i play low tier teams. Wanna complain about dice? THIS is dice.

If you roll 100 dices then you will more than likely get a number of ones/twos/threes(khemri). If you roll a thousand dices then the same applies. Have you all also forgotten that 6's on av and casualty rolls cause death and dismemberment?

Have you all noticed that we are playing a game? Your rank is your rank, maybe assume that your actual skill level is +/- one entire level compared to others of that rank. Then realize that the formula is way more complicated than "I rolled a one so my rank died". Then realize that my 6 year old complains less.

THEN well... just go and play a fun game of BB.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

My CR got pretty high from picking (and the occasional lucky streak in a major). It also took some hits whenever I played anything suboptimal (stunties, liz with few sauri, dodgeless elves, bashless chaos). When I realized caring about CR was costing me fun by limiting my playstyle, I quickly stopped caring about it at all.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO the main issue a lot of coaches have with CR is the idea that the other coach has a higher CR than you, so, you do not have a "shot" or a good chance of beating them. Which IMHO is a total crock. In less you are truly just starting out and learning the ropes. Most coaches on any given match have a good chance of beating each other. Way to many other factors beside CR decide the outcome of the game. Now over the long haul of lets say 10 games. You play the same Higher CR coach who is 10+ points over you. Yeah you might win 2 to 4 of the 10.

But that is not the same as a one off match. You are not comparing apples to apples then.

Most coaches think CR is flawed especially in the Ranked Division because they deep down think everybody is "picking", except for them of course. and getting an unfair bump in their CR. Which in turns makes them mad because they think deep down they are a better coach than the higher CR coach because well....back to default setting....he is a picker.

Tournaments which are blind draws, no picking, one and done. Show hands down over the course of years on FUMBBL. The #1 indicator of success is CR, you cannot deny that.

So if the theory is that coaches have inflated CR due to picking or messing with the Box scheduler. How come we do not see a lot of the mid tier 145-155 CR coaches making final 16's and final 8's because they play the "real" way and do not "pick" and take on all comers, which is why their CR is not in the 156+ range.?

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
IMO the main issue a lot of coaches have with CR is the idea that the other coach has a higher CR than you, so, you do not have a "shot" or a good chance of beating them. Which IMHO is a total crock. In less you are truly just starting out and learning the ropes. Most coaches on any given match have a good chance of beating each other.

Yes but with modern gaming in general, and CRP over any previous version of BB, highly rated players push the odds in their favour. I reckon there are a lot of us that could go toe to toe with higher rated players, playing the exact same roster. However a lot of the better players have majorly turned the odds in their favour before a ball is kicked. That's a big difference.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Not really a problem. TV management is part of the game and higher CR coaches certainly tend to do that better.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Race, team (build), matchup, coach skill, luck. The rule of 5 for determining the result of a Blood Bowl game.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Not really a problem. TV management is part of the game and higher CR coaches certainly tend to do that better.

A huge problem, the major problem with the game right now, and you're one of the coaches benefitting from it.

TV management and it's success is far too skewed.
 Jump to: