62 coaches online • Server time: 22:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How do you feel about fouling in CRP?
Kill all mens with the boot!
24%
 24%  [ 17 ]
We like to keep our boots clean, thank you very much.
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
I only foul strategically to win.
58%
 58%  [ 41 ]
I only foul in retribution!
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
I stepped in a cow pie.
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 70

RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2015 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, so this is a classic case of ignorance on my part, mixed in with misusing the word perpetual. Apologies for the confusion. So just to be clear, you do have to play each other team at least once, but you can play another team more than once as well?

To be back on topic, I love your house rules especially when it comes to fouling.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2015 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

No, the opposite. You don't have to play any games, but you can play every other team in the ORR once each, maximum.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I find it funny that this thread was ignored to discuss CRP fouling.
So I will continue the discussion started on the Necro'd thread.

I would not hide away my Star WD from the action because there is a DP zombie nearby. I do like to choose the right moment to commit him, but that is the same as without DP. because of AV 7 it's always a risk to put a WD in the action so the reward has to justify it.
If look at the odds of getting rid of a player vs being sent off. You need to bring the armor down to 4-5 to have more chances to foul somebody off the pitch than being sent off in the process.

So yeah some less experienced coaches will be deterred by DP but the odds of being blocked off the pitch are not much worse.
I also keep my wardancer protected from any blitzes. So I don't see how DP is that much better vs WD type stars.

I would believe that it can act as a counter to PO.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It's actually quite tough to foul PO players as they are usually being positioned to get 2D blocks, which means lots of friendly TZs to protect them :/

I guess you need to use your 50k TV bloated DP+SG player to hit him/her.
Apojar

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

If you bring back LRB4 fouling, you bring back PaulHicks.
I think that's something we can ALL get behind...

Are you a "tactical" fouler? If so, you (PROBABLY)
- have a very expensive roster - i.e- 60k+ for your linemen.
- only foul because you "need that space" to either protect/advance your cage, etc.
- don't see fouling as the effective means of winning an attrition battle.
- dont' engage in attrition battles.

No problems with fouling? You (probably)
- play rosters where you commonly can have 14+ on your roster
- have cheap players that can easily be replaced, cash speaking.
- often use fouling to try to remove a player that's raping your face.

Foul most turns? Even t16? You (probably)
- play Stunty. Cheap players, need numbers advantage.
- are named PaulHicks or you play for the Angry Newscasters

Fouling obviously isn't for everyone. It's all dependent on how you choose to use what tools are available to you.

I'd like to add a further question to the mix. I have been playing a lot of Halflings and Goblins as of late. I have been choosing not to take a Dirty Player.

It seems as though I can take some other useful skills as I progress (Mighty Blow, Tackle, Sure Hands, HMP, etc), leaving me no room to take Dirty Player. My thinking really is that if there's someone that HAS to get fouled, I'm going to foul them with SOMEBODY. Any of my Halflings should be willing and able to foul anybody at any given time.

Is this reasonable thinking? The numbers and math seem to show that having a DP (and possibly a Git) make it more likely that fouling will do the job I am looking for them to do. My major concern though is that I have to be able to put them down first before I can think about allocating dudes to foul the dude. Halflings (I use them as the example, but Goblins, Underworld, etc. would feel the same way of course). Does it seem like it's a "waste" of a double for a Stunty team to take a DP?
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

For Underworld, I would say yeah there are better things to take.
Timetis

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

RedDevilCG wrote:
It's actually quite tough to foul PO players as they are usually being positioned to get 2D blocks, which means lots of friendly TZs to protect them :/

You're overseeing some of the main contenders for foulhits here though. I find that my opponents s4 Chaos or Nurgle warriors (with PO if they re skilled up) and any horns player is quite often left without a lot of support after either blitzing or blocking one of my players down. (And both these categories tend to have PO more often than not, when sufficiently experienced)

Those players paint a big target for a nice groupfoul.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The big problem I have with fouling is, to get a good boot into, let's say a Chaos Warrior. I need to get get 4 guys surrrounding him just to get statistically good odds to break armor. Generally speaking, I don't have 4 guys to commit to a gang foul or I get out of position. There are many times where I will give up this kind of boot just because the odds are stacked well in my favor of the player surviving and their player getting thrown out. When the odds are better of them losing a player than me, I will take it. I have won a few games in recent weeks due to the opponent getting too many players out of position to foul one of my stars which made it easier for me to score and/or stall while I score. Generally when I foul it is to keep a guy stunned so I don't have to worry about him getting up.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

RedDevilCG wrote:
For Underworld, I would say yeah there are better things to take.

I disagree about UW, maybe one double goes to wrestle to go with two heads and horns, but generally the best use for gobbos, apart from fodder, is fouling
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

2-heads for all menz! The big hand stunty vacuum cleaner is also amazing.
 Jump to: