15 coaches online • Server time: 06:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2016 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

And I think we should do it here. I really don't think humans only has the legs.

DLE College 7s
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2016 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, then lets agree to disagree. Human based would still have the ability to provide elf-like players with increased agility, or orc-like players with increased strength. But you are free to do whatever you wish.
It is also possible to kick off both. I am already working on the human variant. You can also join both if you want, and both kicks off.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2016 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
For me draft means that all teams could draft any players. I would love to draft wardancer, tomb guardian, etc on a mixed team, but that is not possible at the moment.

4 Nurgle Warriors for the heavy lifting
2 Werevolves for blitzing (but I'd be tempted with 1 wolf and 1 wardancer)
4 Nurgle Cows because mooooo+regen
1 High Elves thrower for the "can't touch this"
1 emergency Gutter for OTTD
fill the glass with dorf linos q.b.
Kroxi as a Big Guy (optional)

that would be OUCH, serve with freshly picked cherries

JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2016 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ryanfitz, you have created a monster. Razz

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2016 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
At the moment with the current functionality i dont see it feasible. And in a case the race would limit what can i choose (lets say i am norse, and can only draft norse players), then i would probably skip that league.

For me draft means that all teams could draft any players. I would love to draft wardancer, tomb guardian, etc on a mixed team, but that is not possible at the moment.
The NBFL Draft does "pools": all players are broken down into Line, Strength, Skill, Blitzer, and Big Guy, with some overlap between them (for example, a Pestigor could be Skill or Blitzer). It doesn't work perfectly, maybe there should be more pools in a larger draft, but it does work within the current League framework.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2016 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, draft leagues seems fun, thanks for organizing that for eurropean players!
If possible not limiting that to human looks more interesting.
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2016 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
bghandras wrote:

4 Nurgle Warriors for the heavy lifting
2 Werevolves for blitzing (but I'd be tempted with 1 wolf and 1 wardancer)
4 Nurgle Cows because mooooo+regen
1 High Elves thrower for the "can't touch this"
1 emergency Gutter for OTTD
fill the glass with dorf linos q.b.
Kroxi as a Big Guy (optional)

that would be OUCH, serve with freshly picked cherries

It would be fun to start a league where each coach could bring whatever roster they wanted to it.

11 War Dancers? Sure why not, let's just see what super overbloated teams could actually do against other super overbloated teams.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2016 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

What i am planning to do is creating a draft board which simulates a wide range of players, so it will be full of stat increases. That way elves are "given", and all players are fully available for all teams, so the functionality i feel important is also working.

If interested, sign up here:
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=27665
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2016 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Okay, then lets agree to disagree. Human based would still have the ability to provide elf-like players with increased agility, or orc-like players with increased strength. But you are free to do whatever you wish.
It is also possible to kick off both. I am already working on the human variant. You can also join both if you want, and both kicks off.

I think it will still be fun myself but this is about what I think is popular enough to be a sucess. Single race leagues don't seem to be all that popular, KPL is about as undiverse as it gets and they still have 4 races involved around a very solid fluff theme. Human league is a different kettle of fish to a traditional league.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2016 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. But I think you should start simple and add complexity, especially as there's already a template for a human-based draft league that isn't limited to 1-2 rounds. It looks like bghandras is looking to make a (probably modified) copy of the FDL, which is a good place to start. Note, however, that the FDL is very unproven, and will probably be subject to change soon.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2016 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

This summer I will be kicking off my second league. It will be based on the solid foundation of the Khemri Premier League. It will be called the Erengrad Premier League, EPL.

It will be based on the fringe of the Northern Waste. Only 4 races will battle it out in the EPL. Norse, Chaos Pact, Human and Amazons.

North America and Europe Conferences, draft and mega fluff that blows your mind.

Stay tuned.

Good luck with your league idea. Hope it works out and the league thrives.