33 coaches online • Server time: 10:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Who or what is a Galak?
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I do love all this commentary about how only bash teams can save up bank, yet I have dark elves and vamps each sitting on 400k+ in rebuilding fund. Our how about my goblins with over 300k?

Oh, think it's just a ranked thing? Vamps in KPL, and several stuntee roasters on my page also have good rebuild funds. But no, it's only the bash teams that can save up cash.

Admittedly, I also have a few dwarf rosters with large banks as well.

Quite frankly, the stored cash is not a problem, considering everything else that is currently questionable about blood bowl.

I don't even think this would rank in the top 20 for rules issues, considering clawPOMB, minmax in box, extreme picking in ranked, loner abuse, etc.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The person that was put in charge of the BBRC after Neoliminal had enough. He joined in LRB5 and soon had control.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the ex-BBRC. A rules guy. It is certainly not worth going into in any depth, and I certainly would not express myself in quite the way Garion has; it's (as ever) a bit more nuanced than all of that.

He is the MattDakka of BB politics. Very Happy

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %25, %2016 - %20:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
The person that was put in charge of the BBRC after Neoliminal had enough. He joined in LRB5 and soon had control.

So not someone too terribly important to the FUMBBL experience? Wink
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Too often I see Ranked Legends that have way lower win rate and CR when they play in Black Box.

and vice versa

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Who or what is a Galak?

Tom Anders.
Arktoris wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

Too often I see Ranked Legends that have way lower win rate and CR when they play in Black Box.

and vice versa

Is vice versa the majority, though?
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

from the data I've seen, yes.

the list of Ranked teams that reached 1000 games

https://fumbbl.com/p/teams?group=&race=&order=5&nav=1

the list of Box teams that reached 1000 games

https://fumbbl.com/p/teams?group=&race=&order=5&nav=10

what do you see when you examine them?

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

so we've covered, CPOMB, BBRC, Ranked-Vs-Box, what next LRB4 or fouling is wrong Razz
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Cheating is part of the game. Trying to exploit the salary cap is part of the game. Pretty much everything is part of the game until you get caught breaking the rules.

Fouling is part of the game and is cheating yes....by design. What I think you're suggesting is that to be 'fluffy' I should flaunt the rules in any shape or form.

Lets develop a site hack, play goblins and call it being 'fluffy'.

A lot of your points are overly pedantic, knowing it's extremely hard to put into words what is a gaming ideology. When BB was invented GWs moto was to create a realistic environment. A roleplay with a believable fantasy setting.

Without GW at the helm the fantasy universe has suffered..........but the rules are much better. I guess the game couldn't really survive the scrutiny of sites like here and Cyanide with the old mindset and play testing.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
so we've covered, CPOMB, BBRC, Ranked-Vs-Box, what next LRB4 or fouling is wrong Razz

Hence AD labeling it a Full House while I thought it was more akin to a Straight Flush.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
It really is the BB version of Godwin's law. I see an Italian flag avatar, and it is inevitable the thread will become ClawPOMB, R v B or both. Often at the expense of actually reading what people say!

It's nice to have some certainty in a crazy world. Wink

You're clearly wrong, whatever your particular position is, I find it vile! I couldn't agree less with anything you say.

Reading is totally overrated! Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
koadah wrote:
Cheating is part of the game. Trying to exploit the salary cap is part of the game. Pretty much everything is part of the game until you get caught breaking the rules.

Fouling is part of the game and is cheating yes....by design. What I think you're suggesting is that to be 'fluffy' I should flaunt the rules in any shape or form.

Lets develop a site hack, play goblins and call it being 'fluffy'.

A lot of your points are overly pedantic, knowing it's extremely hard to put into words what is a gaming ideology. When BB was invented GWs moto was to create a realistic environment. A roleplay with a believable fantasy setting.

Without GW at the helm the fantasy universe has suffered..........but the rules are much better. I guess the game couldn't really survive the scrutiny of sites like here and Cyanide with the old mindset and play testing.

Duh. If you break the site rules you'll banned.

The point is Mouse it is not the 'gaming ideology'. It is just your ideology. That is why you are so far out on your own. You are complaining about problems that are not problems.

Nothing that you are saying would make the roleplay any more believable.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Its not an official rule so will not happen. Also I think he is wrong personally.
edit: sadly if there are any rule changes that come with the new box set next year this will almost certainly be in there because galak and all his little cronies that kiss his back side love this rule even though they could achieve their same goals in a better way.

Presumably FUMBBL will be updated with the new box rules. Regardless if they are a bit worse.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Garion wrote:
Its not an official rule so will not happen. Also I think he is wrong personally.
edit: sadly if there are any rule changes that come with the new box set next year this will almost certainly be in there because galak and all his little cronies that kiss his back side love this rule even though they could achieve their same goals in a better way.

Presumably FUMBBL will be updated with the new box rules. Regardless if they are a bit worse.

If it requires a client update we could be waiting a while, thank goodness.
 Jump to: