34 coaches online • Server time: 13:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting. I'd bve interested if only to see if it works!

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I think its a great idea
Jkaen

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2005 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

I have offered to do a tournement write up for the GLN for all the NL tournaments, and got the thumbs up from Mezir and sk8cbn. I will be going through the news posts in this thread http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5261 as well as the competition threads and match reports to try and write up a comprehensive report, so if you want your and your teams names up in lights, then start (or keep) writing those backgrounds and game reports to give me something to edit it all from!

Thanks all.

EDIT: I realise english is not everybodies first language, and I will try and translate anything not in english, but I may not do it very well, so keep stuff in English where possible please, thanks)
Arcon

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

This is really good! Promotion for (one of) the greatest groups at fumbbl.

I will add a report of my Dwarf team performance in the Orken Nomadic Brawl. Sadly they did not perform good at all...

Crying or Very sad

EDIT: Wanted to add the report at the news thread, so it might be used at the newspaper. I think I didn´t make myself clear there...

Last edited by Arcon on %b %11, %2005 - %15:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I do bad in NL but I want to add some lines for the Soul of Corruption. It is my first FUMBBL team ever!

(ps. thx Jkaen and Arcon)

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Here comes the NL Orken Nomadic Brawl report.

Since the True Cultists of Tempus were still involved in the Kuornos Crown tourney, coach Arcon decided that the Miners of the Underdark were to compete in the Brawl and represent the house of Arcon. The team was young still and didn´t have a good winning record, but in their first games they had to face mainly much stronger teams and didn´t perform too bad. In this tourney a victory counts 6 points, and every cas gives you 1. The dwarves laughed, so certain they wouldn´t recieve any casualties, but cause many.
The group looked promising, the greatest rival surely the well known Koosnaampjes. Arcon was pleased, certain that the Dwarves would play well and follow the True Cultists on the path of glory.

But things went wrong, right in the first game.
The Dwarves encountered the Red Orks and couldn´t get a grip on the match. The Orcs outplayed them winning 3:1. Even worse, as much as they tried the Dwarves could cause not a single cas and recieved one!

Team leader Dark Chieftain had a word with the team, and every single player promised to try harder. Next opponent was the Chaos pact team Evelyns Cherry that was down to 9 players and had several AV7 guys.
But again, although the Dwarves had control of the match and won easily, they could only cause a single cas, the AV7 seemed too much for them. Even fouling and crowd pushing several times didn´t yield further success. The one and only cas they caused was through a crowd push. The Ogre was killed by the spectators.

Still, after this bad performance, the Miners of the Underdark had a chance to finish second in the group. They needed to win against group leader Koosnaampjes, or tie and cause 4 casualties. Both not impossible.
Theoretically.
Practically, the Necros had an incredible start (Blitz turn at first kick off) and spoiled the Dwarves offence. In the second half the Necros recieved and scored late. Robbed of the victory or even a tie, the Miners wished to harm their opponent, but again, even that was not achieved. Again, only one casualty was caused (again a RIP, no regeneration).

To sum it up, the team lost 2 games and won 1. And caused 2 cas (only 1 from Block) in 3 games.
Next to the bad teams performance Runner Terrific Twoturner is an offence for the Dwarven race. He niggled at first skill. Bad enough. After the game vs Koosnaampjes he gained 3rd skill. And aged again. This time -AG.

Dark Chieftain made his way home, having to report about the bad performance. Never before has a team playing for Arcon in the NL failed to reach the play offs. He just hoped that the True Cultists of Tempus would win their last group game at the NL Kournos Crown and thus improve Arcons mood. The future of the Miners of the Underdark is uncertain.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

just to let you know: Have you noticed that I sometimes write Kournos Crown and sometimes Kurnous Crown.

The really Writting is Kurnous. In my memory, the wood elf god was Kournos and so I setted the tournament. Ebenezer made the great picture but looking to a white dwarf, the name of the God was Kurnous. I didn't felt like changing, for respect to Ebe's work!

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2005 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The Golden Ghal Maraz of the NL Altdorf Classical KO cup 2 goes bashy:
We have 2 Orc, 2 Khemri, 2 Dwarf, 1 Chaos Dwarf and 1 Norse team. Only 1 High Elf and 1 Skaven team are trying to stay alive here. All the best to them. (Well, ok the Skaven team is mine, so...)

Have a look at this game!
My Skaven encountered duskos Orcs.
The game started so normal, with the Rats scoring quickly and the Orcs scoring slowly. But at the end of the first half, the Orcs started hitting really hard, sending more and more players off the field. At the beginng of the second half at a score of 1:1 I could only field 8 or 9 players. Not enough to stop the offence of the Orcs. dusko scored quickly now, allowing my one-turner to counter, run deep, stall one turn, then score. So, each team was able to score 3 more TDs, giving a 4:4 score at the end of 2nd half. Personally I think dusko should have gone out hunting my players, especially the one-turner, instead of scoring every 2nd turn. But I am so grateful he didn´t. Wink
My team now was reduced to 6 rats, and I had to kick first in OT. But this OT really was strange. After a completion that needed a reroll the Orcish ballcarrier decided to give it a try, leaving the cage, and tripping in the endzone.
I could get a grip on the ball and after some back and forth score the 5:4 TD! Right after my 35 SPP SV was slain by a BOB. Three turns left to go and with only 5 Rats left, I never thought about trying to stop the Orcs. I still had turn 8 to score. A one-turner comes in handy in games like these. But the fans decided they had enough, and invaded the pit, stunning my one-turner: game over.

The Ruhrpott Ratten won the dice toss and advanced, damadged as they are into next roung.
The game really had me going nuts, I even started whining and bitching (sorry again, dusko), and I can not give a statement about "luck" in this game. In the end, it seems I pulled it off, so I should not complain. But 8 cas against certainly is a new record!
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2005 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

mmmm we are 3 days near from the start of the 2 tournaments and...it's worrying. I am far far having enough coaches to start the tilean tag without the tournament beeing dull.

What should I do? Still wait?

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I´d say wait for another week and do some more advertising Smile
Jkaen

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this time of year you are likely to have a bit of a drop off in numbers anyway as people have various commitments, but i agree wait a bit more, maybe it will free teams still in other tournies atm
Telcontar

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait a bit....

Im still to finish the Kurnous Crown Final vs SirJacks

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering if NL teams could play outside NL?

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

yes they can. As long as you are out of tourneys, you can play outside. Recoverys, strenghten your team, make adjustements, what you want. If you feel that next month, you will be busy, just don't subscribe to the next tourney and wait for another one.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I just lost my first tourney game. It is KO and it was a rookie team, which suffered a death. Is it encouraged to keep your team alive? Or does retirement doesn't affect them?
Also, since they are my only team in NL so far, are they important to be in here to be in the group or to keep your total score (if I score anyway:wink:)?
 Jump to: