59 coaches online • Server time: 14:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy Piewhistlegoto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
prophane

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

thats what i thought, just curious...

celas

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2006 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Prophane: Randomly generated, otherwise my woodies would not be playing khemri, chaos, and lizards for my first three games Razz

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2006 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

celas wrote:
Prophane: Randomly generated, otherwise my woodies would not be playing khemri, chaos, and lizards for my first three games Razz

Life of Brian wrote:
Prisoner: You lucky bastard.
Brian: Who's that?
Prisoner: You lucky lucky bastard.
celas

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2006 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I will constructing a separate group page to keep track of a number of different stats for teams and individual for each season. Please post here the stats you would like to keep in the league. I may be looking for a "stats manager" after the first season too.

Sample ideas include most CAS, Completions, TDs, CAS, INTs, SPPs, Fouls, andfor teams, TDs for and against, CAS for and against, most fouled, TD/CAS differential, etc.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2006 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't know in which thread to ask this, but will there come a time when we can add a new team into the mix? I still would prefer to play Orcs, and as my CD's are now in the premiere and the the Veteran Division is rolling will there be some room for me to play another team within the NWL in the future? IE running two teams, I don't want to disband my CD's.

Thanks, this is fun!
celas

Post   Posted: May 01, 2006 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Tod: The hope is for the league to up and running for at least two seasons to establish the 3 tiers (premier-unlimited TR at the start; veteran TR cap of 200ish to start the season; entry level TR cap of 150 to start the season). I have heard a call for being able to have more than one team and while I like the idea, I think there are a few bugs we need to work out in order to make it happen. This could be as early as season 3. If anyone has a proposal that they would like to introduce, as always, I will consider any feedback.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I for one don't like the idea of having multiple teams in the main tourney. I think every coach should have 1 team, 1 chance for glory. Having multiple teams in the tourney decreases the importance of winning every match. Also, if things go badly for one team, there's less incentive to stick it out and improve things... you can just switch to team B. I think if we let coaches have multiple teams will increase forfeits and result in more unplayed games.

The SWL recognizes that people want to get more involved than just one team, one tourney... (it's natural after all : P) so they have set up the "Fringe", which is a huge playground for all sorts of teams from SWL coaches. In the fringe, we have instant KO's (anytime you get 4+ coaches online who want to have a go) major tournaments (Thunderdome, Fledgling Frenzy, DSL, TR100 Non Progression, Stunty Leeg) and all sorts of pick up games. This allows for all sorts of "extracuricular" participation within the league. But the main Tourney has always been one coach, one team... start from the bottom and claw your way to the top, and I think its been sucessful and kept the attention of the main draw because its been so exclusive and strict with the rules.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

foolwholaughsatdeath wrote:
I for one don't like the idea of having multiple teams in the main tourney. I think every coach should have 1 team, 1 chance for glory. Having multiple teams in the tourney decreases the importance of winning every match. Also, if things go badly for one team, there's less incentive to stick it out and improve things... you can just switch to team B. I think if we let coaches have multiple teams will increase forfeits and result in more unplayed games.

I agree. One coach, one team.
Uber

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

fool has a good point. I'm sure someday we'll be succesful enough to get our own Fringe going, but for now we're still at an embryonic level and it's important not to spread too thin, too quick.

If you look at the coaches in the group, it's fair to say that there's a lot of potential for greater things to come. A lot of members have organized some leagues of their own in the past, so I think in the long run these people will have a chance to contribute by building around what we're trying to establish now.

I think currently an important step is the promotion of #NWL. We've just started our own channel and I'd like to see our members join everytime they connect, even if only to idle.

Uber