91 coaches online • Server time: 22:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft Leaguegoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shrap

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah.....BURN YOU DEMON OF THE NIGHT, BURN!!!!!!
pac

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

JockMcRowdy wrote:
Once more with overwhelming voting I can vote silly (increasingly less silly, hopefully) <b> vote pac </b>

Thanks, Jock - I was worried you didn't care about me any more. Very Happy

Vote GrinningD
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

no problem Pac, I suppose its nice to be noticed Smile

Burn Wakka Burn, Pacman Inferno

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Chewie

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't see that one coming Crib. Nice work!
<b>vote GrinningD</b>
pac

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been trying to figure out Dannyboy - and believe me it's a tricky one. I keep coming back to this post.

Dannyboy wrote:
I'm the healer!! Beware Evil creatures, If we are into revelations. and I healed PAC!

At first this post made me dismiss his Healer claim out of hand. I accepted Plorg's claim that he must have been the target. But then, maybe I just didn't want to believe that I had such a big target on my head …

There are several possibilities:

• He is the Healer. In that case, he must have been telling the truth about who he healed, meaning that I'm innocent. Well, I knew that anyway … It also throws Plorg's presumed innocence into doubt. (Unless he is the 'barkeep' scried by the Seer.)

Of course, this assumes that Dannyboy as Healer wasn't lying - but it would be crazy to declare another player (me) to be innocent when you had no idea whether he was or not …

• He is the Hunter/Slayer. Claiming to be the Healer could draw attacks, which gives him the chance to use his powers. But this begs the question: why declare me to be innocent? As the Hunter/Slayer, Dannyboy could have no evidence either way. If people accepted his claims he would be putting me beyond suspicion.

• He is a villager. This makes the Healer-claim a move to sacrifice himself, gaining the Seer more time. A brave and clever plan. But again with the flaw that he is declaring someone innocent with no evidence.

• He is evil. To be honest, this one seems the most unlikely of the lot. Since claiming to be the Healer in this way is pretty crazy, drawing attention to him and making his burning likely, so any evil team-mates would advise him against it. This does have all the hallmarks of a move by someone who lacked good advice.

I suppose evil might try it as a gambit to draw the real Healer out after the Seer had declared himself.

I just can't figure it out. On the other hand, two days later and he's still alive, unburned and uneaten, so maybe he does know what he's doing. I will say that I think he would be high on my list of people to scry. I don't know how we can figure out who he is otherwise, as his behaviour appears to be irrational whoever he actually is.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

My plan, at the moment, was just to take him at his word.

Ive never particularly been convinced by Plorg's 'I was healed' assertion anyway, so that didn't really change anything for me.

The only other one of the options that makes any form of sense is that he is evil. Maybe he knows that his team attacked pac and that he was saved, therefore he can claim pac to be innocent knowing full well that any scrying will bear him out, strengthening his case.

I still think the next scry should be Furious_George, but crib has shown himself to be better at this than me, so I'm not gonna push too hard for anyone.

EDIT: Actually, is it maybe worth scrying Plorg?

Last edited by Lucan on %b %22, %2007 - %14:%May; edited 1 time in total
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

pac - You're right. I'm having real trouble working out DannyBoy's motives and his identity. But is it worth wasting a night using my powers on someone I very much doubt is an evil character?

Scenario 1 - He is the Healer
I don't reveal anything, eventually he goes to get burnt, I stop everyone burning him, he dies the next night by attack anyway. We lose our kickass healer without any decent reason.

Scenario 2 - He is a Hunter/Slayer
I don't reveal anything, eventually he goes to get burnt, I stop everyone burning him, he dies the following night with approximately a *VERY SMALL* % chance of taking someone with him. (Assuming there are still 15 unidentified people left and he has to guess a remaining vampire or one of the 3 werewolves AND is the correct killer of said bad guy, and the faction that attack are the faction he can hurt!)

Scenario 3 - He's innocent
I don't reveal anything, eventually he goes to get burnt, I stop everyone burning him, he dies the next night by attack anyway.

Scenario 4 - He's a vampire/werewolf
I tell everyone, he dies!

Whichever scenario comes out, DannyBoy is likely to attract votes to be lynched without my help in the next two or three days, unless of course I find another guaranteed kill. I see little value in scrying him, as even if he is innocent, if I tell people not to vote for the guy now, the evil factions can mop him up soon after. Buys us time, but that time could be well spent on me scrying other more likely targets?

That, or the guys an evil genius!

(* was going to try and work this out, but realised it was hard work and less than 5% very quickly!!!)

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

GeeDee drags a pile of wood into the middle of the town square.

Returning to the house he comes out with a saw, hammer and a bucket of nails.

And a glitter ball.
Furious_George

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Really isnt much for me to say Smile
Go Go Magic Seer!

Oh...

and <b>Vote GrinningD</b>

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
TheSpoonyBard

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Vote GrinningD

Burn, baby, burn.
pac

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Cribble - you're right. It isn't worth expending a scry just to satisfy our curiosity. Smile
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

<i>Cribble brings an afro wig, and sparkly pair of pants and a skinny fit shirt with ridiculous oversized collars. Setting up a tape player, he starts blasting the music!</i>

Hey, if you gotta go, you gotta go in style, eh?

Burn GeeDee burn.... VAMPIRE INFERNO!!!!

<i>Cribble boogies on down to his superior version of disco inferno!</i>

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one again seer. And nice one again healer Smile
Vote GrinningD

On Dannyboy, I guess he is only nuts.
And as I told you he is so dead. If the evil ones won t get him, then the villagers will on the first opportunety. (Following the question why didn t the evil ones killed him yet??)
I think it is not worth a night of your talents, but you know.

Kk

And now a message from the Villagers for the Win PR:
If you are the healer, don t tell anyone, even if you are about to get burned. And if you are the healer always heal the seer.
Grillparty at the town square tonight
Chewie

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

/me brings the beer...
GrinningD

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

With the ball errected over the dance floor and the music pumping out a thumping rhythm, GrinningD struts his funky stuff on with his accuser on the black and white check floor.

He's wearing the loudest shirt in his collection; the colour of starless night.

Vampires don't have much choice when it comes to clothes.
 Jump to: