57 coaches online • Server time: 16:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
snooze

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2007 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

After the death of my fourth player iv have nothing else to do but retire the team.......this was against my will.....
raestuart

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2007 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry to late polling closed Razz
ashotinthearm

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2007 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

apologies to snooze.. i think he was on the end of some pent up aggression from my boys. they were five games in and still searching for the win! i am sorry if we've caused you to pull out of the competition : )
snooze

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2007 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

after some time too think, i´ll stay to the bitter end, there´s no end before the fatlady sings!

Mr. Green
raestuart

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2007 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

good ty maybe ill win a game Smile
SirOrange

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The Elves R Us were confident coming into game 7 with a 4 game no losing streak (3 wins/ 1 tie) against the SLOW dwarfs. The elves were running circles around the dwarfs, dodging with a skill unmatched by other teams....sadly though, the dwarfs had the ball Sad A few bad dice rolls, and one mistake by their coach at the end of the first half that cost them a chance for a touchdown gave the dwarfs an easy 2 to 1 win. Congrats to the dwarfs for a well fought match.
tuggnut

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2007 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

LADIES and GENTLEMAN MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!! Believe it or not the DARK ELVES ONE A GAME, I REPEAT THE DARKIES WON A GAME. Now that being said, it was the nuffle apparently making up for all the previous disastor games he made me suffer through. Every bounce went my way and Evvamean lit up the score board 5 times herself, with a casualty, a pass and an MVP honor she almost had the perfect game if she only had a INT. But there was nothing the Chaos Dwarfs could do in this match, the nuffle had a lot to make up for! Course they did manage to RIP three times resulting in two deaths of non-skilled players and 2 BH's.
arw

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2007 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

"to the bitter end"?
would have been nice.
now our game is forfited "to my favour"...
x(
That's not "the bitter end" I'ld say...
raestuart

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

OK let me be crystal clear ARW. We started this league as a friendly league and we began to play rapidly through several rounds and all was good, then a few people either due to life's problems (which I have sympathy for and made allowance for many times including if they go over the date of the calendar Sunday limit)or due to disinterest because they weren't doing as well, and or they weren't going to the playoffs, or people on their teams were dying etc, decided they didn't need to show up or play their games, many times holding up the entire league until I nag them to play, or no showing on people after appointments are made and some of us take time out of our schedule, time out with our wives or girl friends to be there then they don't show with no explanation, all the while I hear from those people that their opponent is being inconsiderate or that the leagues being stalled on 2 people and do something Stu. ARW I have to listen to both sides of the argument here, and your opponent snooze was one of the loudest of those people upset we got stalled around round 6 before I instituted the rule of 1 week ending on Sunday to play or else a forfeit, he's one of the reasons it came about he sent me an angry face email! now I understand he's had family issues and I understand this and I don't forfeit out of malice however before you bitch about this to me and "quote me" maybe you should consider ARW that you also were annoyed when your wrote these things in chat to me with regard to this very match!

<arw> hi
<raestuart> hi
<arw> again i waited 4 snooze...
<raestuart> how many times he not showed?
<arw> 2nd time now
<arw> mb tomorrow...
<raestuart> how long u been trying to play him?
<raestuart> so he set a time 2 times and hasnt shown?
<arw> he has a kid and had to stay with him- i do understand that...
<arw> but yes
<raestuart> ok
<raestuart> how long u been trying to set it up?
<arw> about weekend
<arw> not that long..
<arw> but i hope i won't wait for nothing nxt time...
<raestuart> ok send him an email
<<arw> k
<arw> i'll do so.
<raestuart> if he does it again send me an email
<raestuart> and let me know

So now the question is ARW why are you giving me shit for forfeiting when you say these things to me? should there be no forfeit rule so that this 12 round league can go on as long as people want? do you think I enjoy nagging people? because I got one group complaining we aren't moving fast enough, and another group crapping cause I'm trying to address this? I'm sick of nagging people I made the rules clear play by Sunday midnight my time or send me and Ur opponent an email letting us know what the problem is and when the games going to be played how fucking hard is that?

Sorry this sounds so bitchy but you know I been having to hold some peoples hands just to get the games done and nag them all the time and I unlike my mom don't like to do this!!!!! also I'm tired of one group crapping at me for it not getting done quick (including snooze) and another group suggesting we are going to fast, or like you using quote snippets that forfeiting "isn't the bitter end" to suggest I'm being an ogre when he himself was crapping about his opponent the very same week!!!!!!

Stu the very disgruntled and soon to be postal admin
SirOrange

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The Elves R Us are making a formal apology to the so-called "nuffle" of blood bowl. After 2 very horrible games the Elves R Us want to say that they are very sorry for whatever they did to deserve this rotten treatment. First they play the Ogres and finish the game with 30% luck...Yes, I said 30% luck, and managed to throw 3 interceptions to various ogres and goblins (all needed a 6 to succeed...and 6's they got). Then playing the khemri and scoring in turn 2, the khemri get the ref on the next kick and you can imagine what happens when one team gets the ref against a team with AV7...not pretty.

So, the elves are very sorry...please give us a break.
Junkel

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2007 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The cup first part finished, with a difficult match, won thx to nuffle.
it was really funny, i met only good and correct player, i hope everybody enjoyed playing with me (and forgive me for my terrible english :p ). GL to everybody for their last match and for the final 6.
nebji

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2007 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well what can I say, a smooth season went horribly wrong in the final three games. First to be crushed by the dark elves, what whooping was handed out. One would have thought this would motivate a team but to no avail, we then lost 1-0 to Dwarfs and for the final game 2-1 to Skaven and they weren't even at full strength. That being said it was a fun season and unless my maths is terrible, looks like a playoff for sixth place for the chaos dwarf team. Some vengeance is afoot and we the chaos dwarfs do not lose well Twisted Evil
raestuart

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2007 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Folks,

OK so we are now in the playoffs if your name is below then your in (alas I had to forfeit the last 2 games of the reg season (after giving and extra half day and sending many naggy PMS) for rules and time non compliance, and nobody except grinning D contacted me so if your not in but were close guys thats what happened sorry but I tried hard to make the impatient people and the slow people happy and I cant always I'm afraid),

So thanks all for playing! and congrats to our playoff folk and see u all in season 2 shortly! (BTW do I get any laurels for greatest season comeback? no eh, damn fickle bunch, mumble grumble bitch)

First off Sir Orange and Nebji need to play 1 game to see which of them is in then how this will go is this.

The sneaky 1 turn skaven get a day off in first round of playoffs.
The surly khem also get a day to practice maiming people.

Then as per posted playoff rules, team 3 will play team 6 (so popcorn and either orange or nebji) and I joy of joys get the damn ogre team the winner of my game, goes on to play arw and damn khem (so I get to fight ogres and if I actually survive I get rewarded with the khem!) and the winner of the other game between popcorn and TBA gets the skaven one turner (somebody foul and kill him please 50,000 Gold Crowns is now being offered) then the winner of those 2 games play and voilà 1 blood and guts cup winner for season 1

1 [L] RatzStuCatz Junkel 162/171 Skaven 29
2. [L] Pure Agony arw 168/177 Khemri 28
3. [L] Concrete Donkey Popcorn 171/167 Nurgle's Rotters 25
4. [L] Razchek Razornecks GrinningD 135/118 Ogre 23
5. [L] Woodie Award All Stars raestuart 168/165 Wood Elf 22
6. [L] Elves R Us SirOrange 141/140 Elf 21
7. [L] Short and Curley's nebji 167/165 Chaos Dwarf 21
raestuart

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 1 !!!!!!AWARDS!!!!!

Regular Season MVP, now known as the Evvamean Award

Goes to Evvamean of the Dark-elf Disasters (The worst team in the league gets
this is odd indeed but no one came close to this witches 58 spp points), including a one
game rampage that netted 23 spp against the hapless Chaos Dwarfs. The
Evvamean Award is what this award will be called henceforth for all time.

Honourable mention to Speedy Gonzales the 1 turning rat with a 50k bounty on
his head (see me to collect) from the Skaven team and the 36 spp
thrower/kicker Vision of death from the Khem team.

The Playoff MVP, TBN later

Most Casualties given (33), The Undertakers Cup

No surprise the Khem team and its evil, mean spirited,sociopath, and
heartless coach ARW wins this, the surprise however is this that the nurgle
team was 1 damn casualty behind him, and the chaos dwarves (the only team to
actually lose to the darkies this year...hide your shame nebji :)was 1 point behind that and the CD win the Blood and Guts Reaper award for sending the most people to deaths door personally and with extreme dwarfen prejudice, for some reason the skaven and the Norse were also in the top 5 on the giving end rather then the receiving end (probably due to the wussiest ogre team
and Orc teams ever fielded read on for details)

Most Casualties received (Dark Elves), The Mulch Bowl

My god this goes overwhelmingly to the dysfunctional dark-elves with 20 dead and SI, and 21
BI. Wow impressive, most impressive. Funny I thought when I saw the regular elves totals
they would be the winners but nope with 30 they came second sadly the Orcs
also made the top 5 and so did the ogres what kind of bashers are they,
wimps!

Claude Lemieux Sportsmanship Award for most Dirty, Fouling, and Mean Coach,

I suspect we will get all teams agreeing on this one and few will be surprised but the
Khemri had the most fouls with 34, of which 24 were committed by a nasty
skeleton called Woolfgang. Also, it should be noted that the Khemri team
committed in a single game 10 fouls against Elves R Us and 7 fouls against
the Ratz. This gives Khemri the honour of the Claude Lemieux award.

The Mr Rogers/Mr Dress-up Award for Nicest, most courteous,friendly, and sportsmanlike coach.

This field had a few nominees

Sir Orange: for his nice guy manner just seems like he should be considering a children's TV show Smile makes you want to consider moving to small town America and he bucks the trends and perceptions many of the league had about Americans (ever consider a job as UN ambassador or at the State Dept they could use you right now)

Junkel: for his love of the game and to his eagerness to make friends and compromise just one easy going Italian.

Nebji: for his sense of Humour, his distaste for fouling and surfing, and for his friendly witty manner that makes everyone around him sit at ease and his sportsmanlike manner make him a contender.

Popcorn: well my brother recommend Dumas to our group and I can say he was a welcome addition hailing from Lithuania he only lost points in this award for his full contact play to win style of play but underneath his mean nurgle exterior was one of the friendliest most courteous coach's in our league.

The Winner is: Sir Orange congrats sir

Black Cat Award

Worst luck in a single game goes to Elves R Us, mustering a staggering 16%
luck against the Chaos Dwarfs. Worst luck for the tournament goes to Elves
R us also at 51% giving them the Black Cat Award for both a game and a season.

Four Leaf Clover Award

Best luck across the tournament goes to Khemri on 64% followed closely by
Chaos Dwarfs on 63. Best luck in a single game goes to Khemri for 79%
against the rats. Giving Khemri the award of Nuffles Bitch …. (I think its cause those 2 teams sent so many souls to nurfle that he loved em so much)

Tea and Crumpets Award. For fewest fouls.

On count back, having played the most games of the three teams being the
nicest for committing a total of 1 foul is the Chaos Dwarfs. They were tied
with the Dwarfs and Ogre but both those teams played fewer games. So the
Tea and Crumpets Cup goes to th Chaos Dwarf team. (both the award and all the nominees are of course British and colonials I am dying to know who CD fouled the khem?)

Next season everyone votes near end of season for the award winners, this year the admin team of
Raestuart,tuggnut, and nebji picked our winners and categories together. Next year in round 10 nebji will be handling votes for these and any other awards. Tuggnnut will handle the
draft and playoffs. please refer to them directly on any questions for this areas.
Popcorn

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice summary and fluffy awards, raestuart. I wish to personally thank you and the staff for organizing and running this season. It was a lot of fun and i really appreciate your work. Thanks again Smile
 Jump to: