12 coaches online • Server time: 06:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hiring Stars wasn't your first mistake. Razz

That was betting on Brit over moi. Wink

Out of interest... if PeteW really hates his team and wants to restart, might it not be better to give him auto relegation and let brit have the playoff spot? *shrug*

And Purp, the difference bewteen you and I is that there's no "might" in my case. Mwahahaha!

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

SeraphimRed wrote:
Out of interest... if PeteW really hates his team and wants to restart, might it not be better to give him auto relegation and let brit have the playoff spot? *shrug*

Seems a strange thing to suggest, if someone has failed to earn a place, seems a bit wrong to offer it to them. Anyway PeteW should try and go out on a win!

Anyway, not my place to comment I guess, as I am not in the league ... yet.

Which brings me to my next point, what teams are available to join with?

I could be tempted into signing up for a season with either Orcs or Halflings, especially if you have many new recruits.

Last edited by DukeTyrion on %b %28, %2008 - %14:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

SeraphimRed wrote:
Hiring Stars wasn't your first mistake. Razz

That was betting on Brit over moi. Wink

And Purp, the difference bewteen you and I is that there's no "might" in my case. Mwahahaha!

If you get relegated, you get relegated. If all of the Prem teams (1st-5th) decided they wanted a restart, then Brit would still go down, there would just be a mass promotion from the Conferences!

Anyway, stop playing up to my competitiveness! We'll have a proper game in the real season, and trust me, despite thinking CD's (after Elves) are as hard as it gets for Necro, I'll be making your lads the subject of a heavy recruitment drive! Very Happy
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Which brings me to my next point, what teams are available to join with?

I could be tempted into signing up for a season with either Orcs or Halflings, especially if you have many new recruits.

Anything (at this point) is available. If you check out the rules page, you'll see what is close to being maxed out, so, for instance, unless a lot of Darkie coaches pull out or change in this off-season period, they might be tough to come by next season, as only one more would be admitted with an 8 team expansion. To be honest, with so many applications to sift through and a few restarters thrown in, it's too early to say what races are heavily subscribed, and you're best off with a list of 5+ races from differing groups (R/S/P/D) to choose from.

Getting Orcs for a man of your talents (i.e. CR) from outside of the league might be tough. However, running a Stunty team is one of the things that gives an application priority, as is a current league coach restarting. So the route to Orcs (for example) could be a season with 'Flings, followed by a restart if things went sour. However if loads of coaches went this way, it would become progressively harder for a high CR guy to get rock. Rizzle managed Dorfs just because Scissors was in vogue last season.
Borgen

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
I'll tryt o win, but if I don;t then I'll want to start with a new team. These rats are very boring. 50 skill rolls (yes, I counted) and only one mutation... :O

And 4 +ag and 3 +str mixed in there for good measure! My hapless bears only have one of each!!

You are due for some doubles, and you are the current favorite in the playoffs so I say keep spreading the gospel.

Purp: your friendly strategy would even be embarassing to most NWL coaches. /boo to that and may nuffle punish you evermore

Duke: dont take orcs leave those to the newbs. bring some high elves or something.

Can we invite Kfoged into the league for some high elf fun? he's coming to the GT so we can forgive him for his danishness cant we?
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Borgen wrote:

Duke: dont take orcs leave those to the newbs. bring some high elves or something.

Don't higher CR coaches get last pick?

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a British league first and always, but we do make exceptions (we seem to be becoming more multi-cultural by the season!), so Kfoged (as an example) is welcome to apply. If there's a Danish league available to him, I'd strongly encourage him to try it out first, but if GMT is their usual FUMBBL time, the coach is reliable and the coach speaks good English, we tend to overlook their unfortunate birth area and include them in the draft process.
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
SeraphimRed wrote:

Seems a strange thing to suggest, if someone has failed to earn a place, seems a bit wrong to offer it to them. Anyway PeteW should try and go out on a win!

Not sure why it's so strange to make such a suggestion. In OBBA, if someone quits or restarts mid season, then instead of creating other promotion spots they automatically take a relegation spot. Of course if they leave early then they will be there anyway due to forfeits.

I don't particularily care if this is not the way of the WIL mind, each to their own.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Necroooooo!

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

If Pete had quit mid-season, hed've taken a relegation spot - but he played it out, so the bottom 3 remain the bottom 3. If he wins the playoffs, I think (from what he's written) he intends to carry on, and if he loses, he's restarting, so a regional guy will get bumped up by the domino effect.

And yarrr, Necrooooooooo!

This is all good recruitment bumpage! Very Happy
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I get that, and I see now it works as per the OBBA.

My point was simply that if PeteW doesn't enjoy playing 'em and wants to restart, as it's still the same season you could sub him with Brit.

Principly it's the same thing as it's still the same season, and fundamentally PeteW isn't enjoying playing his team... from what I can gather, so continuing just because you win isn't exactly a good thing for him or the league imo.

Anywho... I just want a friendly this season. Smile

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Seraphimred: thought PeteW was quitting at the end of the season, but as I said before, I am not currently in the league anyway.

Borgen: I am possibly the worst High Elf coach on the planet, despite my 18 attempts at getting them going as a team Razz

koadah: I am sure there is an order for who gets to choose what, although I don't know if that includes coaches who were previously in the WIL, which I was once with my doomed rats some seasons back, but that is more of an issue for people to know I am a coach of good standing, who plays all his matches.

I don't wish to take anyone elses spot, or indeed take a team that anyone else wants to take, as I understand I am most certainly at the back of the queue. I was more interested to know if Orcs, or what was available. Since it's unknown at the point, I will take Purp's suggestion and think up a list of teams.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Good grief! 're all like a bunch of gossiping old ladies in some cheap soap opera!!! lol.

I was restarting cos I was annoyed with my rats, but as I quite clearly stated (imho) if I win the play offs (which I intend to try to do) then I'll keep going with them, unless (and this is the confusing bit) I get so mangled that I am left with some TR130 rejects.

And before anyone suggests it, I'm not going to "do a pandapower"!

Right! Enough of your jibber jabber, let's get fouling!!!!!

P.S. Look out bgwygywgyw (or whatever your name is) I'm gonna foul your lizards!

P.P.S. Trash talk ftw! \o/

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so scrap what I said. Smile

PeteW is clearly enjoying playing with his furry rats, I obviously read too much into why he might be retiring them.

What can we titter-tattle about next girls?

We could cover Goo looking like that handsome Mick Hutnell again, I never tire of that. Smile

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Chewie

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hucknall.

Not Hutnell.

Div.

Razz
 Jump to: